Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bulgaria at half term- help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone, so our trip to France is looking increasingly unlikely as our 19yr old cannot get their vaccine in time due to catching Covid.

The ONLY places we can get into are Bulgaria, Slovakia and Slovenia and of these, Bulgaria is the only place with flights running (that don’t go through a neighbouring country).

So back to Bulgaria. We went to Borovets when the kids were tiny but now they’re more used to speeding down blacks in large resorts.

I’m a lazy, less confident skier so happy with almost anywhere.

Any thoughts on whether to return to Borovets or brave the Bansko lift queues?

I seem to remember that Borovets had an additional ski area higher up but it was shut nearly every day due to high winds. Is this still the case or have the lifts improved in the last decade or so?

Thank you in advance for any help.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I should’ve said they can’t get their *second* vaccine- they have one and recovery certificate. (This SHOULD be enough to get them into France according to Gov.Uk but NOT according to French gov websites, apparently!)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We'll be there this weekend so ping me to check Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wouldn't bother on the Bansko lift queues to be honest, waking up at 6am on holiday in order to get ready and then que for 45mins + before the gondola opens so I don't que for more than 2 hours and the slopes are packed is not my idea of fun, done it for 2 years over NYE, wouldn't go if I had the choice now though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Been to Borovets a couple of times, last was a couple of weeks ago, Gondola to the top of the Yastrobeets side has been open when we've been there, even on moderately windy days, so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

The lift queue's put me off Bansko too, Pamporovo is another option, but not been there myself.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
you can prob go to Val Thoren @ Easter for the cost of Bulgaria at half term
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We went to Bansko a few years back for a long weekend. We simply took a taxi to the bottom of the Mosta every morning, rather than queue to take a fairly slow double gondola ride up. Yes you are paying for the taxi on top of your lift pass, but the taxi was cheap as chips between 6 of us and took us direct from our hotel.

we were at end of Jan, NOT half term so there was no queueing elsewhere and the slopes we didn't find at all crowded, HT may vary.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy