Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can you shrink a Spyder jacket in the wash?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I have a Spyder Leader jacket that's a bit too wide in the shoulders, instructions say to wash in cold water. I was just wondering, if I was to put it in a warm wash would it shrink the jacket a bit (hopefully to desired size!) or would this damage the water proofing/ technology stuff on the jacket? Odd enough question I know but thought someone might have experience of doing this by mistake. Any advice much appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Gar, Dunno, probably, but if it does shrink you can't just dial in a new size Laughing .
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
risky....
Buy some body armour instead or do a little more weight work in the gym.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you wait a few years I'm sure it'll fit perfectly. I'm finding that most of my ski clothes are shrinking as I get older - and will no doubt be accelerated by Covid lockdowns. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Natural fibres shrink when washed at high temps, namely wool. Cotton is usually pre-shrunk so that doesn’t happen, but if it’s dry clean only then it might shrink when washed.

I’m guessing your jacket is not made out of natural fibres, so the size won’t be affected by washing and the warning is just to prevent damage. They can normally be washed at 30C or so, which I guess is probably a cool wash (would feel cool to touch), but follow whatever instructions are given.

Anyone who’s lost a few kg and thinking of shrinking-to-fit a few woolly jumpers – beware! They will more likely emerge suitably sized for a toddler rather than a middle aged bloke who’s gone light on the pies!

Generally, if the shoulders don’t fit then the rest of the jacket is wrong too. Probably easier to get another one.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all for the replies. In hindsight, probably not my brightest idea! Will leave it be and focus on hitting the weights and steaks!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy