Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Trails & Insurance?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is probably something I should know, but I'd never really thought about it before...

We're off to Are, Sweden (in theory...don't want to assume with everything that's going on in the world) in the non-to-distant future and looking at the piste map, a few of the dotted ski trails might come in handy for moving in between runs.

We're not venturing off piste...but would an insurer consider ski trails (i.e. the dotted line on a piste map) off-piste and/or is there any specific wording I need to look for?

We haven't got our policy yet, will just get a single trip one, so open to ideas!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@vjmehra, if you mean the runs that are marked as "transportsträcka" (often translated as transport tracks, in English versions) then I would say these are effectively pistes - in my experience they are controlled, often but not always bashed, and would not be considered off piste. The majority of them tend to be pretty flat, tedious tracks that are useful for going between areas but not great runs. I've only used the lower mountain ones at Åre though, the ones on the upper mountain may be a bit different. Still, I would not be concerned about insurance cover.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Those are indeed, exactly the ones I meant Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy