Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The winter 21/22 insurance thread

Poster: A snowHead
@sugarmoma666, Some resorts have dotted routes which are not pisted but are recognized routes eg Hintertux has 2 routes down from glacier to valley very often so many people use them they are almost like pistes but there are some steeper moghuled sections that can be a bit tricky.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Decision made .. thought I would share. Went with LV who were cheapest while still offering 31 days skiing and off piste. Their off piste wording looks OK - they don't insist on a guide, but do insist on wording like 'within resort boundaries' and not thought unsafe by piste patrol ... (not the exact wording)
They don't cover damage to ski equipment while in use, otherwise looks fine and I am comforted by the experience of others on this forum.
For one year premier cover it was £94 ... (I'm 5Cool and you can agree that pre-existing conditions are not covered - Then found a last minute trick to get 15% back (£15 odd) which was topcashback - so net £80 seems good to me.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well done pisteoff in getting yourself sorted, and with a discount.
It is really tricky.
But we need more than 31 days. And no quibbles off-piste.

Four days ago Cleemaddog wrote:
looking at the small print on the carte niege it does state that it is available to all eu citizens which unfortunately we are not.
please be careful if thinking of this option

Now, i've been thinking about this, especially as Fédération Française de Ski emailed my obviously uk email address and wrote in English when they suggested i go for Carte Neige again this year.
You see: "available to all eu citizens" is not quite the same as "only available to eu citizens".
I will phone them in the morning.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Jonpim, What do you think of AAC - see thread above. Reports are very good that it will cover off piste, no quibbles and all the days you need it seems.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JonA wrote:
Mr.Egg unfortunately - a statement on Nationwides website .... "If you have European travel insurance with your FlexAccount, you’ll have received a letter or email from us letting you know that we’ll be removing this benefit from 31 December 2021." Sad

It's the flex plus option that comes with worldwide insurance.
I should have said flex plus originally. flex account lost insurance a while ago.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jonpim wrote:
Well done pisteoff in getting yourself sorted, and with a discount.
It is really tricky.
But we need more than 31 days. And no quibbles off-piste.

Four days ago Cleemaddog wrote:
looking at the small print on the carte niege it does state that it is available to all eu citizens which unfortunately we are not.
please be careful if thinking of this option

Now, i've been thinking about this, especially as Fédération Française de Ski emailed my obviously uk email address and wrote in English when they suggested i go for Carte Neige again this year.
You see: "available to all eu citizens" is not quite the same as "only available to eu citizens".
I will phone them in the morning.

I booked our ski season insurance with Big cat - single trip with the unlimited ski pack Euro add on - looked pretty good, includes helicopter rescue, has excellent definitions of what is covered or isn't in terms of boundaries and area, if you need to the ski plus pack you can book that too. My oh has asthma which is also covered under the policy.

It cost a bit more than MPI but given they're not insuring at the moment, we had limited options. Overall I'm pretty happy with it.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Big Cat have popped up here and in another thread. Has anyone used them in the past?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thierryd wrote:
What about Insurance provided by Revolut Account ?

Well, I took a look at this, as I have a Revolut account, as I imagine many Snowheads do as well.

Normally, medical/travel insurance associated with credit cards are pretty weak; so I downloaded and carefully read all 54 pages of their UK Travel Insurance Policy Wording — so you don't have to. Very Happy

Pretty impressive — the good points:

You upgrade from Standard to Premium Revolut account, and the travel insurance, plus winter sports, is included. And you get a load of other account benefits.

Cost is £6.99 per month = £83.88 per year. Or you can pay annually, which is just £72.00.

Every country is the world is included.
Anyone from 16 to 75 is covered.
You can register a travel companion for extra.
90 days any one trip; and 183 days per annum in total. And yes, this includes winter sports (honestly, I checked).
Skiing off-piste with a “qualified instructor or guide” is covered.
Snowboarding off-piste is NOT covered — on-piste only. Strange.
Cross Country/Nordic Skiing is covered.
£10million medical cover.
£10million COVID medical cover, if you are taken-ill abroad.
Excess is just £50 on each section.
£5,000 cancellation or curtailment cover — £5,000 per trip (but COVID excluded).
You don’t need to declare any existing medical conditions (but in any event, you will not be covered for them).
A range of common ailments are included with medical cover, mostly with the caveat: “Provided you are not currently being treated”

Points to note:

The only COVID cover is if you are taken ill abroad. That’s it. They offer zero coverage if you get COVID before your trip, of if you test positive at the airport, or if a relative gets COVID before your trip, or if the FCO puts your destination on the red list, of if your destination bars entry, or if you have to quarantine etc.
Insolvency of an airline or accommodation etc., is not covered — so pay with a credit card.
Other cover such as baggage, delayed departure etc. is low, and there are many caveats.
Ski hire, piste closure etc. are not covered.
Helmets must be worn.
You must have a current UK Global Health Insurance card or the earlier EHIC card.

Conclusion:

I’m double jabbed, boosted and healthy, and the main reason I take-out travel insurance is for the medical cover, and £10million is plenty; the other areas of cover are never really much use I think, unless you pay a premium. If I rented skis, I would get the rental shop cover anyway.

So £72 for annual, worldwide travel insurance, including winter sports, off-piste skiing, and 90 days per trip and 183 days in total, is a complete and utter bargain.

If you want to read the Policy Document and other insurance-related documents, then select Travel Insurance in the app, and if you scroll-down to the bottom, you will see a small link.

If any Snowheads want to sign-up for Revolut, please use this Snowheads referral link from @admin: Revolut.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Poogle, Thankyou
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
pisteoff, AAC is backup/Plan B if Carte Neige don't come through.

Didn't phone Fédération Française de Ski today - too busy pottering about - will try on Monday.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Poogle, Which? Completely slates revoult packaged account.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Before Covid-19 happened like many others I used MPI with an annual worldwide policy but of course, now we can travel again this year for holidays MPI are still a no go. I ended up going with the BMC instead, they aren’t cheap but the cover is good on the ‘Alpine and Ski’ version. It covers mountaineering and rock climbing which is something I’ve got into in the last couple of years, the annual price was £211 for Europe only.

Not bad I thought for everything I get up to. However I then enquired about adding Canada to my policy but they said it could only be done on a single trip basis not added to my annual policy. I was quoted approx £330 for 14 days single trip cover. Eeek. I will find something else!

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sun 14-11-21 2:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mr.Egg wrote:
@Poogle, Which? Completely slates revoult packaged account.

Many thanks Mr.Egg. Which? can be excellent, and they give really in-depth analysis of many products and services.

In their insurance reviews they state: "...before taking out a policy, check the terms and conditions carefully to make sure it’s suitable for you. — which is what I do because I'm so boring Laughing

And you can see how I have taken the time and trouble to list out all the pros and cons above, so Snowheads can see if that policy is right for them.

And for £72, for 183 days of off-piste skiing, worldwide, with £10million medical inc. COVID, it's the deal for me!

Could you please be so kind as to post the Which? review? That would be really helpful, thank you. If it's behind a paywall, you can archive it here, and post the link: https://archive.md.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Poogle, is the off piste only with a guide? Is there any cover at all for off piste without a guide, even if it's only playing next to or between the pistes?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
@Poogle, is the off piste only with a guide? Is there any cover at all for off piste without a guide, even if it's only playing next to or between the pistes?

The clause states: Skiing off-piste: "Cover Limitation: under supervision of a qualified instructor or guide"

I guess the risk is, that if you got injured next to or between a piste, then that may end-up on a report somewhere, and if the insurance company saw that, they could use it to deny cover. But would the piste-patrol folks really write that down? Or would they just cart you off to the nearest hospital/medical centre ASAP? And if it was just at the side of the piste, could you not claim that you lost control, and that's how you ended-up there? Confused

But I wonder if your were not truly off-piste, eg: in a totally off-piste area, if they could really use that to deny your claim. Not sure.

As I side-note, I have always been warned by instructors, that very small avalanches can easily kill someone at the side of the piste, in areas that look harmless. I have had locations of such tragedies pointed-out to me, and I could not believe that such an innocent looking area could be so dangerous.
latest report
Anyone know what the insurance situation is regarding skiing at La Grave where it is virtually all off piste but no real defined resort boundaries?
snow report
@Poogle, I don't like that level of ambiguity in my insurance. Incidentally, have you looked at Coverwise? They seem to be cheaper than Revolut and have better COVID and clearer off piste cover.
snow conditions
sugarmoma666 wrote:
@Poogle, I don't like that level of ambiguity in my insurance. Incidentally, have you looked at Coverwise? They seem to be cheaper than Revolut and have better COVID and clearer off piste cover.

That's a really smart move — one should always be really careful to stick to the policy wording on insurance! If you are going off-piste even a little, then you should get cover for that.

For me, I just never go off piste, unless I'm with an instructor; so the Revolut cover is fine.

I put in my details for Coverwise: Annual, Multi-Trip, Worldwide, Winter Sports etc. The quotes ranged from £215 (Standard) to £524 (Gold) — and that's when I put my age (61) in. If I magically make myself 26, then the quotes start at £47.59. But in even at their Gold level, they only give you 17 days for winter sports; and in my experience, asking insurance companies to extend those days is very expensive, as they have to go back to the underwriters.

Revolut is £72, and gives you unto 183 days for winter sports. Even in December, I'll be racking-up 25 days skiing! And Revolut don't care how old or young you are!

But as you say, Coverwise gives you off-piste cover with no instructor or guide. And their COVID cover is good. Plus, they give you personal liability insurance, which is a good thing to have. But I think my household insurance covers me for that — I'll have to check.

Many thanks for the pointer — Coverwise looks great for many folks.
ski holidays
@Poogle Revolt does seem very good, I notice that it doesn't cover anyone with hypertension which may limit its usefulness for some. Also do they cover getting you off the mountain? Is that a medical expense? If not the local lift insurance would cover that but worth checking out
Also any one trip is limited to 90 days which is still great but again worth mentioning
snow conditions
pieman666 wrote:
@Poogle Revolt does seem very good, I notice that it doesn't cover anyone with hypertension which may limit its usefulness for some. Also do they cover getting you off the mountain? Is that a medical expense? If not the local lift insurance would cover that but worth checking out
Also any one trip is limited to 90 days which is still great but again worth mentioning

Good points, thank you.

To be clear, Revolut will cover you no matter what medical conditions you have, but it won’t cover illness that arises on your trip as a result of that medical condition. So if you were to have a heart attack say, God forbid, then they may argue that this is a result of your hypertension. So you do need to take that risk into account.

And you make an interesting point about getting off the mountain. The Revolut policy excludes “search and rescue“. I have seen this in a number of policies with winter sports cover, and I once extensively discussed it with the underwriters. They said that you are covered under the policy for “transport to hospital”, and this would include the piste patrol bring you down the mountain, or a helicopter if that was necessary.

I then asked, what happens if you are caught in an avalanche, and they have to search for you and then dig you out? But again, I was told that you would be covered if you had winter sports cover; because “search and rescue” is really about excluding you getting lost in the mountains whilst hiking, or on a canoe trip etc.

But it’s an interesting point for discussion. I have had a number of dealings with insurance companies in my businesses over the years, and I am pretty sure that they would have a hard time arguing, that if they had covered you for “winter sports“, and for “skiing off piste“, that you were then not covered for search and rescue if you were caught in an avalanche. If you include a certain cover in one part of the insurance policy, and then exclude it in another, then the former normally takes precedence, unless the wording is very specific and reasonable.

It would be good to hear from other Snowheads on this point.

Note that in every policy I have come across, you are not covered when you are intoxicated with alcohol or drugs. That means if you get lost on your way home from the bar, and you are sloshed and break your leg, you are not covered. I once spoke to the Medical Centre in Val Thorens, and they said that injuries as a result of drunkenness, we’re on par with those caused by winter sports!

And yes, the maximum length of any one trip is 90 days, with 183 in total. But I did mention that in my original detailed assessment of the policy above. Laughing

Bottom line as always: read the policy wording in detail, and decide if the cover is right for you given all the factors involved.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 14-11-21 21:23; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Quote:

And yes, the maximum length of any one trip is 90 days, with 183 in total. But I did mention that in my original detailed assessment of the policy above.

My reading skills seen to have failed me, which is why it's so useful for someone to read it for me thanks @Poogle
Is always assumed that if you omit a health condition for insurance then you are not covered at all. But it makes sense that you are not covered for related to your condition incidents. Is it usually like this with policies?
snow report
pieman666 wrote:
Quote:

And yes, the maximum length of any one trip is 90 days, with 183 in total. But I did mention that in my original detailed assessment of the policy above.

My reading skills seen to have failed me, which is why it's so useful for someone to read it for me thanks @Poogle
Is always assumed that if you omit a health condition for insurance then you are not covered at all. But it makes sense that you are not covered for related to your condition incidents. Is it usually like this with policies?

It varies from policy to policy. Some policies are very strict: if you failed to disclose any medical condition you may have, then the whole policy can become invalid, even if your claim is nothing to do with that medical condition. The only solution is to read the policy wording in detail.

Unfortunately, heart attacks are not uncommon on the slopes, as folks don’t exercise all year, and then suddenly go crazy on their skis for one week. But if you had hypertension, it may well be that your heart attack was not caused by that, it could be another factor. And so when push comes to shove, the insurance company may have a hard time denying your claim.

You pays yer money, and yer takes yer choice.

Interesting article about all this here, scroll down for lots of insight into travel insurance. Basically, for many policies, unless you declare every visit to your GP or physiotherapist over the previous 15 years, you could be denied cover!

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-5784565/amp/Father-three-finds-hes-not-eligible-65K-insurance-payout.html
ski holidays
Has anyone used goodtogoinsurance.com ?? I'm struggling to find a company who will insure someone on a 'waitlist for treatment/diagnosis' for non-life threatening conditions Confused
PS. only single trip insurance if that helps
latest report
@Poogle, Interesting I'd like to see insurance companies made to publish the % of claims they settle....
latest report
pieman666 wrote:
@Poogle, Interesting I'd like to see insurance companies made to publish the % of claims they settle....

Yes, good point!

Both personally and in business, I have had many dealings with insurance companies over the years. My modus operandi is this:

1. Read the policy wording very carefully, and don’t expect any cover in addition to that wording — as a reasonable person would interpret them.

2. If I need to make the claim, send them all the details exactly as they require them, by Royal Mail signed-for guaranteed next day delivery.

3. They then send a stalling letter, requesting duplicate or meaningless details and documents; and/or they dispute the claim in someway.

4. I then send them a 14 day warning letter before county court action.

5. They then pay me in full, quickly. Laughing

Note, that you do not need to go to the ombudsman first; you can go straight to court.
snow conditions
@Poogle, Laughing thanks for your system it sounds tried and trusted.
The problem with insurance is that most of the time you pay the money and you fortunately never find out how good they are.
snow report
Poogle wrote:
thierryd wrote:
What about Insurance provided by Revolut Account ?

Well, I took a look at this, as I have a Revolut account, as I imagine many Snowheads do as well.

Yes I know as I am a Revolut Customer for years now. The only downside I saw in my case is: if you are going skiing for the week and have purchased winter sports cover, you will not be covered if this is for competitive skiing or a training camp (https://www.revolut.com/en-PL/help/more/insuring-my-travel/what-does-incidental-basis-mean-in-the-terms-conditions-of-my-travel-insurance)

As my daughter will doing a training camp at ESF for Fleche/Chamois I will take Carré Neige for her and keep Revolut just for me.
snow conditions
Follow up to Cleemaddog's post: I've had a reply (email) from Gaëlle SAUGNEAUT at Fédération Française de Ski.
He states: "You are covered by the licence carte neige even if you don't live in europe. There is no problem".
So we are ok after all. Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've been looking for 60 day cover for a couple (65 & 60), in France, including off piste without a guide. Not as easy as it has been in the past. FYI:

MPI are still hoping to get an underwriter but don't know when.
Ski Cover now only cover up to 31 days.
SCGB Platinum: £315 per couple (pc) 60 day extension available for £65 but only allows a max of 45 days skiing. Otherwise, 5 month (strange when you are only allowed to stay in Europe for 90 days!) unlimited extension for £243 pc.
LV multitrip Premier £145.30 pc up to 90 days/trip but max 31 days wintersports.
LV 60 day single trip Premier £312.11 pc but max 31 days wintersports. (bizarre that more expensive than multitrip)
Nationwide Flex Plus single trip extension to 60 days £72 pc but max 31 days wintersports.

I am currently favouring Nationwide in conjunction with Carte Neige Medium €58.64 pp or AAC £44 pp. Are there any known pros or cons of Carte Neige v AAC for use in France? Can anyone confirm that they both cover off-piste skiing without a guide and repatriation to the UK? Does AAC membership taken out now only cover up to 31 Dec 2021?
ski holidays
https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/insurance/ will cover you for around £450 for 60 days skiing off piste without a guide.
snow report
@ster, interesting, I have not receive any notification of Nationwide termination of it's travel insurance with regard to Flexiplus accounts either .is this fake news
latest report
@pieman666, I have just got my OH looking at BMC. We are normally MPI customers and have been hanging on for them. We are 72 and 76 and need lots of days ski cover.
snow report
On the subject of LV, it's worth noting that it's a mutual. Maybe that's why I, like others here, have always found it excellent value, no-quibble and very easy to deal with (mainly for motor insurance).

However, it's currently the subject of a takeover bid which, if successful, will almost certainly result in a hike in premiums and reduction in benefits (so colour me cynical... ). Out of 1.28million customers, 1.25million are also members and should receive a voting pack by November 18 to vote on the takeover. We'll be able to vote at one or two stages of the decision process, depending on how long we've been members.

Can I respectfully suggest that we reject the piffling sweetener on offer and tell the US private equity bidder looking to carve up the company to bug off? With off piste and senior ski insurance becoming ever-harder to get, we need them!

https://news.sky.com/story/campaign-to-lv-takeover-by-bain-gathers-pace-ahead-of-vote-deadline-12465274

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/nov/12/what-is-lv-and-why-does-its-takeover-matter

https://www.lv.com/members/meetings
ski holidays
@Sweeney Todd,

From the section "Here are the most popular questions as at 15 November 2021" and the question "Do customers who have a LV= General Insurance policy, like car or home insurance get to vote?"...

Quote:
At the end of 2019 we completed the sale of the whole of the LV= General Insurance (GI) business to Allianz, therefore LV= GI is a wholly owned subsidiary of Allianz. As part of the deal we agreed to license the LV= brand to them so they can continue to sell insurance products, backed up by a well-known and reputable brand, and it is they who service these policies. Those who hold a GI policy are not members of Liverpool Victoria Financial Services Limited and are therefore not entitled to vote.

So I'm not too sure of the effect on house and car insurance as they are not provided by LV=

Travel Insurance I believe is under the company and may be affected more.
ski holidays
Layne wrote:
@Sweeney Todd,

From the section "Here are the most popular questions as at 15 November 2021" and the question "Do customers who have a LV= General Insurance policy, like car or home insurance get to vote?"...

Quote:
At the end of 2019 we completed the sale of the whole of the LV= General Insurance (GI) business to Allianz, therefore LV= GI is a wholly owned subsidiary of Allianz. As part of the deal we agreed to license the LV= brand to them so they can continue to sell insurance products, backed up by a well-known and reputable brand, and it is they who service these policies. Those who hold a GI policy are not members of Liverpool Victoria Financial Services Limited and are therefore not entitled to vote.

So I'm not too sure of the effect on house and car insurance as they are not provided by LV=

Travel Insurance I believe is under the company and may be affected more.

Ah.... Thanks for that. It seems that in general, only life and pension insurance customers get to vote... As you say, LV= travel insurance may suffer if the Bain deal goes ahead. Sad
ski holidays
Just spent hours searching for insurance. I don't have any medical or age issues but the three things I wanted an annual police to cover were off piste without weasel worded restrictions, enough days to cover 6 weeks skiing (several trips) and to also cover motorcycle touring in the summer.

I couldn't find any policy that would cover this.

Have ended up going for the SCGB (despite misgivings) and will have to take out a separate policy to cover motorcycle touring.

SCGB confirmed to me that the 45days winter sports cover only counts days when actually participating in winter sports and does not count travel days. Most of the other policies I looked at appear to count the duration of a trip from when you leave home. Obviously this can add up if doing multiple trips.

For motorcycle touring think I may end up going with coverwise.co.uk who specifically allow 'Motor Cycling (with UK licence)' and seem quite reasonable at around £30 for an annual policy.

I did look at coverwise for winter sports. Price was much lower than most of the others I looked at whilst the off piste cover is described as 'Off Piste Skiing and Snow Boarding not against the advice of the local mountain authorities', so not what I was looking for but may suit others. Interesting that, unless I missed it, their policy doesn't appear to have any limit on the total number of days of winter sports cover - just a max of 17 days per trip but no restriction on the number of trips.
ski holidays
@AB Ski, SCGB don't seem to say anything in their policy wording about off piste skiing. They list it as covered but it's unusual to see no caveats whatsoever. Weasel words are pretty much the norm so it surprises me somewhat.
snow report
@AB Ski, have you looked at Snowcard. No weasel words, lots of days and noticed motorcycle touring included when I was looking yesterday with "adventure+” level cover.
ski holidays
@adithorp, I did look at Snowcard and thought it was the answer till I saw this in their FAQs

How many weeks of ‘winter sports’ cover is there on a multi trip policy?

Adventure Basic policies cover up to 4 weeks of Nordic cross country skiing only, that is langlauf style cross country skiing on marked resort trails (not back country ski touring). Adventure Plus and Max Adventure policies cover up to 4 weeks of winter sports holidays. These policies are intended for persons who go on no more than 4 weeks of winter sports holidays a year. The ‘4 weeks’ does not refer to the number of days skiing but the travelling time on a winter sports holiday. A week’s winter sports travel will span two weekends, usually travelling Friday or Saturday to the following Saturday or Sunday. This in practice involves 7, 8, 9 or even 10 days of travel but for the avoidance of doubt we count this weekend to weekend travel pattern as being ‘one week’ of winter sports travel. The same principle applies to 2, 3 or 4 week holidays and holidays that start mid-week. Weekend winter sports trips are normally of 3, 4 or 5 days in duration, e.g. Wednesday or Thursday to Sunday (or similar time spans). For the avoidance of doubt, we count two weekend trips as being equal to one week of winter sports holidays. If you are going on a two or three week trip but only one week includes winter sports activity, we will just count that as being one week of the policy entitlement. If you are only skiing for one or two days on a week or longer trip, we will count that as being one weekend of winter sports activity. In the event of a claim we might require evidence of your winter sports activity and might ask you for your ski pass as such evidence. If you ski for more than 4 weeks in a policy year, you must take the Extreme Adventure policy, which does not limit the number of winter sports holidays although there is a 31 day single trip limit which can be extended up to 90 days. The maximum number of winter sports days in any 12 month period is 90 days.

Changing to the Extreme Adventure policy makes a big difference to the cost, from £153 to £295 before adding cover for cancellation, baggage etc.
snow conditions
should have added that I've got a little over 6 weeks booked for this winter so 4 weeks cover wouldn't be enough
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy