Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix ski schools( English speaker)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there, hoping to ski in Chamonix this coming season 21/22. Will have my 9 year old nephew in tow as a beginner and wondering whether if I put him in ski school whether I can be guaranteed that he would be with other English speaking kids his own age ? As he will be the only kid with a group of adults thought it would be a good way for him to meet other kids - don’t want him to feel left out of it if other kids are French, Dutch etc or if they are all a lot younger than him…..any information/ experience would be appreciated….might consider private lessons but would like him to have a bit more fun with others his own age….

Thanks !
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@RJTS, I don’t think “guaranteed”. Maybe have a chat with Evo2?

I don’t think there’s a BASS in Cham
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@RJTS, Evo2 is typically quite English-dominated, tho' we & lots of friends found ESF generally better from a skiing perspective. If you do go Evo2, check whether it's Chamonix or Argentiere for the kids base, as there's definitely a lot of their junior stuff run out of Argentiere, which might affect your accommodation choice.

There is a BASS, however, my recollection from looking a few years ago is that they only had a very limited range of stuff for kids (I think a single class aimed at a slightly nebulous intermediate level, and they were very non-specific about what that actually meant).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For ski schools then Evo2. Max group size is 8 compared to 12-15 for ESF. Most if not all the kids will be English speaking. The instructors are great and all have good English. Mostly French obviously but a spattering of other nations in their midst. Mine started at 4&6 with them in Argentiere and have done 5 or 6 weeks with them there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks - will check out Evo2 then for sure …
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy