Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When to test

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all just want to make sure I get it right we fly to Turin from Manchester at 07.15 am on the 13th February. We have to do an LFT 24 hours before when would you recommend we take this it’s with randox don’t want to do it to early incase of flight delay and not too late to not get required certificate thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can you clarify for me, is it a lateral flow or PCR test needed to enter? Or either or?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Randox specify 3 hours to get results, I’d do it midday/afternoon the day before your early flight.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lateral flow test. We were thinking about 3.00 pm tomorrow
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When I flew to Italy last week I did mine at 1PM (3PM would be ok) :: My Excalibur LFT came back in a couple of minutes :: my day-2 Randox came back in a similar time. I don't think there is any human input to the tests ; some machine AI working on the photo that you take...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
LDP816 wrote:
Can you clarify for me, is it a lateral flow or PCR test needed to enter? Or either or?

Either - LFT is 24 hours ; PCR 48 hours (might be 72..)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It’s within 24 hours of arrival in Italy. Do it the daybefore,late afternoon/early evening, then it’s out of the way and you’ll have time to sort any issues that might arise (inconclusive results or no certificate) and you’ll still have wriggle room for any flight delay.

We didn’t use randox but the whole process was really straightforward with pretty much instant certificates.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We're flying about the same time from the same place, but different destination.

It really depends on Randox's max turnaround time I think. We went with C19 and their stated *max* is 12 hours, so 7pm tomorrow should be good for them. If Randox are similar, that's a good cut-off.

Also, bear in mind that if the flight is *that* delayed, there's two on airport testing sites, including a Randox one. As long as you're aware of the delay before you go through security, it might be possible to get a quick one there, and try and claim costs from the airline (no idea if that would be possible).

We're going to Finland, and when I entered the date of the test on their Finentry system, it said the test was valid to 14th, so it rounded the Finnish 48 hours up to the whole day. Might be worth checking if Italy do similar.

Anyway, good luck!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks x
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Using Randox the certificate appears in their App within a few minutes. Just log into 'Certificates' after you have sent the test picture in and its there. We have used this about 5 times in the last few months and it has always worked.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@carla4221, In mid Jan I flew MAN to TRN 07.25 Sunday ETD.
I did my LFT at 16.00 pn the Saturday with Klarity, cert was sent in 30 mins.
At MAN the only time I was asked for the cert was at check in, once checked in there wasnt asked for cert again, I guess the system relies on being checked in as proof from there on.
I arrived 3 hours before departure, and it was busy, with the que twice as long as by the time I had checked in, so get there early, particularly as it’s half term, and have paper copies as well as electronic to speed things up.
Also at check in I was asked for proof of all three jabs, which will be on your NHS app, again take paper copies as it’s a pain opening the app at stupid o’clock and takes time, adding to the ques.
It’s all straightforward, have a great trip.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Used Randox for the Birthday bashes.

App is pretty straightforward. Got the certificate on the app in less than 30 minutes. 2 day return confirmation (positive) along with all necessary instructions within an hour.

Get the NHS Cert sent to your phone and email (easier to print off). Adding it to their green pass is simple and easily accessible. You will be asked to verify your status to enter Bars and Restaurants, particularly in areas accessible by road.

If going to the Dolomites, you will need to scan the code into their app to re validate your lift pass every morning. Very easy, takes a few seconds. Tap the green circle, then the small orange arrow next to your name and select the option.

The Italians are very strict on FFP2 masks, in all indoor areas, transport, and busy lift queues, so make sure you have a good supply.

Have fun and stay safe.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@brianatab,
Quote:

Get the NHS Cert sent to your phone and email (easier to print off). Adding it to their green pass is simple and easily accessible.

Could you describe that step by step? Because I'm an idiot. Embarassed Thank you.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Hurtle, open the app. Click "NHS Covid Pass", click "Continue", click "Travel". Under the big green box with a tick in it are 4 options, one being "Receive an offline copy by email".

And you're not an idiot! Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@maggi, thank you. But I was particularly interested in the "add it to the green pass" bit.
ski holidays
Done the test but entered the # with order number have I voiced the test do I need to buy more fly tomorrow
ski holidays
FFS don't be late I'm on your plane going home
latest report
BTW the snow's shite
latest report
Thanks
ski holidays
@Hurtle, oh, sorry, I thought you wanted something to print off. I didn't do the green pass thing as it seemed unnecessary. I just did the "save to google pay". On desktop, no wi-fi or mobile data necessary and everywhere accepted it. I don't know why anyone bothers with the green pass, it just seemed another thing to get in a flap about Confused .
snow conditions
Some of us are 'belts and braces' !! I had a paper copy/NHS app/Greenpass Eu !!

Hurtle - Search your app store of choice for Green Pass EU (it is available in English) and comes with a tutorial
Just click 'add QR code' and scan your latest QR Covid travel pass from the NHS website (app will give three options - scan with camera/select image/PDF document).
I just gave it permission to access my camera and the job was done.
The advantage of the Green Pass EU is that it will scan QR codes to check their validity and store more than one persons Code

https://greenpassapp.eu/
latest report
@albob, Thanks
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy