Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any experience with Amazfit watches?

Poster: A snowHead
Hello,
I am considering to get an "Amazfit T-Rex Pro" watch for the coming season to track my rides. Does anybody have any experience tracking their runs using this watch or any Amazfit watch for that matter?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, I have a Bip S
The GPS has some bugs, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Needs quite a while to lock on and it can then get confused mid activity.
If you can see this activity you'll see the bridge moved on the way back

https://www.strava.com/activities/5595582054

This is with clear skies so some kind of bug in the GPS. I guess it depends on whether GPS accuracy is important to you.

The HRM packed up after a month, this appears to be common with Amazfit judging by the reviews.

Customer Service is next to zero.

I would check out the 1 and 2 star reviews online to get an idea about the model you are interested in. I find the 5 star reviews are often posted by people who have only unboxed the watch but not used it in anger.

Hope that helps.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Coros seem a decent lower priced watch option...

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/09/coros-pace-2-in-depth-review-multisport-running-power.html
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidof wrote:
I guess it depends on whether GPS accuracy is important to you.
The HRM packed up after a month, this appears to be common with Amazfit judging by the reviews.
Customer Service is next to zero.
I would check out the 1 and 2 star reviews online to get an idea about the model you are interested in. I find the 5 star reviews are often posted by people who have only unboxed the watch but not used it in anger.
Hope that helps.
<laughs> Yes, it does help. I get the consumer pressure to buy this kind of shit and burn more of the planet, but it's handy to have someone else "take one for the team" and remind me that marketing and reality are somewhat different.
There I was thinking that one of these would make me cool, and it turns out that they're just plastic junk.

I suppose there's always the Tag Heuer connected but I'll need to invest in a bigger wrist first.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
philwig wrote:
<laughs> Yes, it does help. I get the consumer pressure to buy this kind of shit and burn more of the planet,

I accept your criticism.

You probably need to spend more than 50 quid to get something decent and do you really need the information anyway? Certainly heart rate isn't that important to me, I know when I'm trying to hard.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was criticising the marketing really. I have used HR for training in the past although by now I know how my body works well enough not to feel the need to monitor it. As suggested. by body tells me when I'm pushing it too hard quite well all on its own.

I'd guess most people use things like that relatively infrequently, or possibly once after purchase. The complexity of the UX design suggests that people are going to be either using it all the time, or not at all. I think I know where most will be.

I'd quite like a 3mm thick device which is waterproof, shows the time, counts pool lengths, and which is cheap enough to walk through dodgy areas without concern. I shall not hold my breath (something else I'm able to do without Garmin's assistance wink.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FWIW I had some heart issues (atrial fibrillation) which manifested itself as abnormally high HR on all sorts of devices when doing sport, so it's certainly very very useful for someone like me!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski wrote:
FWIW I had some heart issues (atrial fibrillation) which manifested itself as abnormally high HR on all sorts of devices when doing sport, so it's certainly very very useful for someone like me!

In your case maybe something like the Apple watch with a better HRM is a good investment?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@davidof, guess what I have Wink also includes ECG which is very very useful!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@kitenski, What are you using? I've a friend with irregular heartrate, who would like as much information as possible from their fit watch.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Seahoob, Apple Watch 6, that has ECG function and also auto checks for high or irregular heartbeats. It picked up irregular heart rate overnight back in Sept 2020 automatically. ECG is done on demand, example of a "normal" ECG from me on the link below.

https://greghilton.co.uk/apple-watch-ecg-vs-alivecor-kardiamobile/
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@kitenski, Great thanks, will do a bit more investigating and pass the information on. It may even suit my half baked fitness tracking attempts.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@kitenski, Site seems to be down atm Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Seahoob, my site? Works for me which is a bit worrying??
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fine now got, just got a page loading slinky type thing.
snow conditions
Seahoob wrote:
Fine now got, just got a page loading slinky type thing.

Does that mean it loads ok for you now?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy