Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Piste Office Canada and AirRide battery noob issues

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought Scott Alpride pack from the piste office. It’s great and trying it out is brilliant, the ability to practice and repack are awesome.

Piste office shipping to Nelson BC was faster than Canadian post...got here in a few days with DHL which was crazy and after taxes was a lot cheaper than any local options. Jon is a pleasure to deal with.

My noob warning is this: batteries need changing much more regularly than normal. Despite new high quality batteries they developed a leak by the end of the season. It was bloody cold and I suspect they froze. Happily no harm done. Same happened with my radios but not my transceiver. Transceiver uses AAAthe others AA. I’d suggest swapping out the batteries or at least checking pretty regularly.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 15-08-21 1:59; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We’re they lithium batteries? I’ve heard they don’t leak….anybody know different?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you mean the AA backup batteries (I hope)!

I remove mine from the airbag at the end of the season and either replace them for the next or keep them with the bag if in date and unused to avoid any issues with them leaking.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, he means the AA back-up batteries. The Scott E1 packs are powered by a supercapacitor not a battery.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@spyderjon, my Scott pack has been static in a cupboard for last 18 months with AA batteries removed. Wonderinh if I need to do anything such as charge and deploy or do I just leave it alone until winter? Thanks and hope all is well.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ozboy wrote:
@spyderjon, my Scott pack has been static in a cupboard for last 18 months with AA batteries removed. Wonderinh if I need to do anything such as charge and deploy or do I just leave it alone until winter? Thanks and hope all is well.

Mine too. You don't need to do anything other than a recharge prior to you next trip. The E1 system will only hold a full charge for about 90 days.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@spyderjon, since you're doing E1 pack Q&A Very Happy - do folk generally fly with the supercapacitor charged? (e.g. if you're taking the pack as a cabin bag.) Obviously discharging before every flight would be a faff - just wondering how the airlines see it...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PaulO78 wrote:
@spyderjon, since you're doing E1 pack Q&A Very Happy - do folk generally fly with the supercapacitor charged? (e.g. if you're taking the pack as a cabin bag.) Obviously discharging before every flight would be a faff - just wondering how the airlines see it...

AFAIK there's no specific rule other than the pack mustn't be able to accidently deploy so the trigger must be stowed away in the shoulder strap. However, to avoid any possible hassle with airport security I've only ever flown with mine discharged - although I've done about a dozen flights with mine and I'm yet to be questioned about it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@spyderjon, Thank you - that's good to know and makes sense. I'm hoping to get one ahead of the skiing season, so the piste office will hopefully get an order at some point...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've always flown with the capacitor charged on mine, not had any trouble with security besides one or two wanted to show it to some other staff so they'd recognize one next time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy