Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Midweek Transfers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Usually I use Ben’s Bus from Geneva to resorts across the alps. Reliable and cheap.

Just booked for January, arriving on a Saturday but returning Wednesday. It seems Ben’s Bus don’t do midweek transfers…

I can’t find any shared transfers midweek and only see very expensive private transfers.

Does anyone know why the lack of midweek transfers? I don’t want to get stuck in Val Thorens!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From Les Deux Alpes midweek, I have used local bus to Grenoble, then Oui bus or train to Lyon or, IIRC Geneva. I think that you can do the same from Val Thorens via Moutiers.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pre-bookable midweek shared transfers are unlikely to sell enough seats to be profitable, hence private transfers only. If a transfer is 'going down empty' to the airport to pick up a private transfer to bring to a resort they'll probably open the seats up to shared transfers, because if the transfer is going down empty even earning €50 is better than earning €0 because 'you only do private transfers'. However, these types of shared transfers usually only become available relatively last minute (maybe a week out from the date), and are not usually pre-bookable so far in advance. From a transfer company's point of view a transfer should be considered as having 2 legs - leg 1 to the airport, leg 2 returning from the airport - if one of those legs is empty, it means 0 profit on that leg, but you wouldn't want to open it too early to shared transfers as you could stand to lose out on a much more profitable private transfer.

I used to work for a transfer company and this is how it was done, can't see why one transfer company would be different to another in that respect.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are usually local buses that run from Geneva about €65 which can be booked in advance.

https://www.altibus.com/en/

Alternatively, a shared transfer which isn't much more expensive and quicker. In the past I've used a company called Snow Drone who run several daily shared transfers to Tignes and Val d'Isere. I'm sure you will find similar for the 3V nearer the season. Alternatively, if you can get yourself down to Moutiers by bus or taxi, one might pick you up from there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hire a car - in Jan deals may exist
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy