Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pass Sanitaire Non Valide

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone got the TAC Verif app and scanned your QR code from the NHS app and had it come back as "Non Valide"?

Im double jabbed and thought it would be fine, but nope - not working.

Do I even need it or is the certificate on the NHS app enough?

Many thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@NewSkiingDad, did you scan your second jab certificate or the first one?

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 10-08-21 9:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The first one lol....i shall try scanning the second one now - it was a late night and an early morning ahaha!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Its now "Valide" - Thanks Holidayloverxx
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My dad had this at a restaurant yesterday, but it was fine when they scanned the second one.
While we were there, the staff did turn away 2 parties of people sitting outside as they could not produce valid PS.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When I put my Vaccine Cert onto TAC, I noticed somewhere it mentioned it was valid for 30 days. Does anyone know whether you have to go through the whole process again after 30 days? (A bit difficult in a motorhome in France if i've only got my mobile phone). Or am I misunderstanding something? (Probably!)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@hj5, it renews every time you log into the nhs app so always updates to 30 days hence. If there is a problem and If there are 2 of you, log on and get the other person to take a photo of your cert then scan the photo qr code into TAC
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh, thanks. That is really useful to know. (So I can do it again, just before we leave UK, to make sure it will be valid for the whole trip.)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hj5 wrote:
Oh, thanks. That is really useful to know. (So I can do it again, just before we leave UK, to make sure it will be valid for the whole trip.)

You don’t need to import it into TAC - its the same QR code in the NHS app and the venue can scan it in the NHS app.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Even better, thank you.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@andy from embsay, so are you saying all you need is your NHS vax cert, then get the bar/resto etc to scan the second QR code?

If we do need to download an app, which one exactly, I had a quick squiz today and think I know but want to be sure.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes, my NHS app 2nd jab code scans fine. However: getting to it is a pita compared with tous anti covid or a printout - (login and several clicks through).

So: i reckon what you need is two apps, both in the UK app store (I’m iOS - can’t help with Android).

Download Tous Anti Covid AND Tous Anti Covid Verif (see screenshot). The first lets you import your NHS code (you’ll need to print it) - just import your second jab (no point importing both). And then you can try scanning the a screenshot of the QR code, or your printed cert, with the Verif app to see if it comes up as Valide.

snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@midgetbiker, @andy from embsay, if you have 2 devices available to use printing isn't necessary. Open the NHS certificate in one and direct scan into TAC. Check the import is "valide" by scanning it with the TAC verif app. QR code for first vaccine shows as non-valide. QRcode for second vaccine will show as valide .
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Timc wrote:
@midgetbiker, @andy from embsay, if you have 2 devices available to use printing isn't necessary. Open the NHS certificate in one and direct scan into TAC. Check the import is "valide" by scanning it with the TAC verif app. QR code for first vaccine shows as non-valide. QRcode for second vaccine will show as valide .

Yep, I was assuming people only had one - I generally airdrop a screenshot to my iPad and scan that.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Swiss "Covid Cert" app is a ONE tap deal.
The cert shows as soon as you open the app.
I uploaded my French Cert into the Swiss App, I imagine the NHS one would work too.
Compared to the NHS app and even CoughAgainstCovid its super simples.
ski holidays
@WindOfChange No, the NHS QR Code doesn't work with the Swiss Covid Certificate app. At least mine doesn't. Although the NHS QR code is fine with the French TousAntiCovid app., which scans as valide when I present it.

I tried to scan my French TAC QR code into the Swiss Covid Certificate app and and it's not valid.

From what you've said, I infer that while the French app recognises NHS certificates, and the Swiss app recognises 'native' French certificates, the Swiss app doesn't recognise an NHS certificate.
latest report
@LaForet, Sounds right.
My certs are French. My dad's in NHS, & works in TaC.
Might need to go via Tac for the NHS one, so first import in to TaC, then use a screen shot of the for CH Covid Cert.
Anyhow, if you can get your cert into the Swiss App, it is the easiest to use Smile
latest report
Have set mine up, will be trying it out from Sunday, so we'll see how it goes...
snow report
Couldn’t get the french app to work, but so far everywhere we have been have been completely fine with the NHS versions here in France.
snow conditions
The content of my QR code is exactly the same in both the NHS and TAC apps, so it makes sense that a French scanning app works just as well with either. Basically, the app is just a convenience - a way of passively carrying the Covid Vaccination Certificate character string and displaying it to a reader. It's the reader that then analyses the character string. In my case this is

HC1:6BFOXNUTSMAHN-HP/RG:MC35RFP6E8.8R3XHV5U6R5NEHIO9KHRU 2$X4X6BMF6.UCOMIN6R%E5BD7LG8CU6O8QGU68ORJSPZHQW1SZSP:*PA-R8SOQG0D*O8IQ1D6 PQ3IQ*DOCꝊRN95U/38T9TG90OARH9P1J4HGZJK-GG43M5C9Z.C-3N$29ALG:.C+-CBJC.IAHLCV5GVWN.FKP123NJ%HBB/S7-SN2H N37J3 TULJ7ǾB8X2+36D-I01DG%HPZ6+Q6X46+E5+DP:Q67ZMC%6QꝊ6Z469/9-3AKI60R6P$0RCKN9C$ZJ*DJWP42W5R/R/VM.P4 6MR9@526JY4KQ5YV4+Y5WT4H/R114IVQ%47-Z7OT4Ǿ-OA+PRY4FT5D75W9AAABG644PS5/MM*E J2/3RLRB*-L$PEC 6D.I.YJAOVSY542GYUV.WT8%P PFCQU0:HDOV98L9 N3%MBFBR7F.16V20C:P6%AS@VA369DL%EL6Y0ES08PꝊ

I can't find any character string embedded in this which corresponds to any of the plaintext of my certificate, so I'm assuming it's encrypted. Beyond that, it's not clear whether it's the entirety of the data, and/or whether it includes any reference that allows the reader to look up data held centrally. Odds are it also contains self-checking data, so the app knows if someone has just created a random string of characters etc.

When you use the verifier, it displays some of the data on the certificate, but not all. If the self-checking is there, then along with the decrypted data, this probably provides enough assurance that it's a properly-formed code and enough data to confirm the person is the right age, sex and name. Which is probably enough for the purposes of using venues and accommodation etc. (as opposed to international arrivals, for which some reference to a central database may be employed as well). All speculation on my part, of course.

A cryptologist will be able to tell you much more. The big advantage they would have is that they would also know what the plaintext is for the equivalent encrypted character string. With varoius tools, and more examples, the encryption is probably easily broken as a result.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy