Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help! Looking for reduced ski lift passes

Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone! First message here, excited to be around ski lovers as most of my friends are always teasing me about talking about skiing all summer long ahah. I'm looking to introduce some of my friends to this passion, last year I was in Cervinia (Zermatt) and they had some special lift passes just encompassing a fraction of the lifts, which also were a fraction of the price.

Do you know about any resorts that have deals like that? Beginners lift passes that aren't just green, which turns pretty boring pretty fast
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome Badjoras (cannot help with your question though !!)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Badjoras You'll find that most resorts and resort groups (where a number of smaller resorts band together to offer a single skipass) will have offers going throughout the year and for advanced purchases. But generally, there's nothing consistent. Snowhead types familiar with a resort/Domaine will often be on the lookout for repeat offers, and you'll probably get people posting in reply on this basis. As the summer comes to an end, many resorts will start to offer advance ticket and vacation specials e.g. Verbier's Winter Pages.

National tourism sites like MySwitzerland.com and their UK-based outposts, like the Swiss Travel Centre in London will have all sort of combined offers going throughout the year. In winter, national transportation sites like the Swiss Railways (SBB.ch) may also have things like combined rail, accomodation and skipass offers.

There are quite a few big resort areas which have lesser-known 'satellite' resorts in them - linked to the big name resorts but a lot cheaper in terms of accommodation. Obviously, as the name implies, these aren't as central but they may appeal. Do a Google search for 'Alpine satellite resorts' and you'll get an idea. For example, in the Swiss 4 Vallées, Verbier is the glitzy hub to the satellites of La Tzoumaz, Nendaz and Veysonnaz. Others will suggest similar lesser-known places connected to or in the same group as somewhere more well-known.

So my advice is to focus-in on a selected set of destinations, and then monitor what's coming out as the winter season approaches. Ditto their national tourism and transportation sites. I'm on ly quoting Switzerland here because it's the area I'm familiar with: there are plenty of similar ski areas like the Swiss 4 Vallées all across the Alps.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 6-08-21 10:55; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You might look at an alternative resort - eg Sainte Foy which is a lovely small resort, with (historically) half the price of lift pass of neighbours Tignes / Les Arcs etc, but then with an ability to buy discounted day upgrades to those resorts (do they still do that?). Cervinia is a much cheaper option than Zermatt, (even for the whole region pass!), but perhaps if you are looking to introduce new skiers it is important to find a resort which matches their inclinations - night life vs quiet / picture book / easy access / short transfers etc How about one of the St Anton linked resorts - its lovely out there for all, and you can get local passes. Huge region with many options, quiet family resorts, lively nightlife resorts and exclusive / high quality options. (Lech, St Cristoph, Zurs, and other quieter neighbours) ... Or perhaps Ischgl's neighbours Galtur or Kappl? (Ischgl is a great region with excellent lifts, but no 'local only' option - but you can stay in Galtur and visit Ischgl some days)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the help! I'll take a look at the places you've mentioned
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@pisteoff, is correct re Ste Foy, good value for early intermediates, a good skier could do every run in a day. Apres is relatively limited cos it's a small and friendly resort. They still did linked passes to Tignes 2 seasons ago.

You can buy a just Tignes or just Val D'Isere pass, but the saving is small.

I think the 3 vallees do similar, I remember a Meribel Alpine pass, but it's some years ago.

@Badjoras, Welcome, it's been a while since I was in the Azores@
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you look at some of the tour ops, whether they will deal with you from the Azores, I do not know, but someone like Sunweb, they occasionally have packages with two for one lift pass offers. Occasionally , some of the UK ones have learner packages including passes, equipment hire and lessons etc
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You could also look for discount websites where you book in advance. We found one for our resort last year which gave us 25% off the total it would have cost us to buy on the day. I don't know if all resorts offer a similar thing, but perhaps worth an explore?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Crystal seem to be doing a bogoff offer at the moment. No use for a single skier...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm with @pisteoff just go to the smaller resorts, of which there are many and you will get cheaper lift passes but often a good mix of runs to progress on.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
countryman wrote:
Crystal seem to be doing a bogoff offer at the moment. No use for a single skier...

They are....but offer ends Monday.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The best offer you will ever get, which actually fits in with what you are trying to achieve, is to go with a mainline tour op. on a trip that includes a learn to ski package for your friends i.e. includes gear hire, lift pass and lessons. If you can go skiing . . . I'd be pretty dubious about signing up too early.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi @Badjoras, my first post too (I think!).

You could look at somewhere like Vaujany (or Oz) which has a local domaine lift pass which is good for beginners, whereas you could get the full Alpe d'Huez pass and go further afield yourself.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There is Alleghe on the Snowheads Pre-Birthday bash
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think quite a lot of places offer a local pass for beginners much cheaper than the whole area pass. Often it can only be bought in resort though. (@shrew's suggestion of Vaujany is a good example, but it is very widespread).

However ... (there is always a however) if you are a reasonable skier you will be noticing the beginner-friendly blues around the wider resort and after a few days you will be itching to take your friends there. You need to make sure there is an upgrade option. If you want your friends to share your passion, you want to be able to give them the excitement of exploring places beyond the limitations of the nursery slopes.
latest report
Val Cenis has better pass cost (by quite significant amount) than many of the really big headline areas.

Additional to that is a considerable area for both more skilled and people being introduced to skiing. Many gentle and wide slopes for learning along with blue piste right from very top of the ski area for those that progress well, even with early skill set.

Plus some excellent places to eat and again very reasonable cost, a great balance for your requirements.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy