Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Club Bluesky: Room for a new Club following demise of SCGB?

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I got it! That was the sound of it going over someone else's head wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On the rocks wrote:
Gerry wrote:
On the rocks wrote:
@Gerry, Anyway, about a strategy to bring the club up to date and attract new members to ski or snowboard together with or without a leader / rep in the context of Brexit and French etc regulations?


Go to the Facebook group and chat about it there.


I just looked at the current FB group. There’s far more engagement by current and past Scgb members discussing the issues here on Snowheads


There's no proper debate here, it's just a stream of libelous comment from people hiding behind pseudonyms.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Gerry, there is lots of debate here and some insulting comment, possibly even libellous, often initiated by your good self. For example, you have not yet offered any evidence to justify calling someone a bully and I noticed you recently called someone else a tw@* , subsequently editing the insult. I agree with @ontherocks.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Jehu, he was also extremely rude to the staff. I also got fed up with his legal pronouncements, which where nearly always flawed. All the tactics he used to get people to agree with him had a bullying undertone to them. You tell him no in an email, then you get a stream of texts and WhatsApp messages trying to pressure you into agreeing. Then you get the phone calls. I've never known anyone who is so totally lacking in empathy.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gerry wrote:
@philwig, no threats of violence from me, ever. My views on race are also very liberal, as in I think people should be treated equally, regardless of ethnicity. Same with class, everyone should be treated equally.


Hmmmm 'treated equally' you say. What about a certain D Goldsmith? Why is he discriminated against? Because, for the avoidance of doubt and whether you like him or not, it is discrimination.


Gerry wrote:
Well, he has many other issues as well. For example, if he doesn’t get his own way he will refuse to move on. Everyone else will assume an issue has been decided (for now, with a review later) but by the morning everyone will get a two thousand word email, covering all the same ground and again insisting that everyone else is wrong.

He once phoned me at 21:30 and I just couldn’t get him off the phone until about 23:00. He has a gift for sucking the life force out of you.

In meetings he will constantly interrupt and talk over people. Even when people are telling him to stop talking he just carries on. I’ve never experienced anything like it.


It may be very tiring that kind of behaviour but still isn't being a 'bully', it's more at the upper end of the PITA scale. You could have put the phone down, you could have replied to the 2000 word emails "this has already been discussed and decided upon. End." 


Gerry wrote:
Pisteoff is an old mate


old mates don't tend to bully their old mates now do they? 


On the rocks wrote:
@Gerry, Anyway, about a strategy to bring the club up to date and attract new members to ski or snowboard together with or without a leader / rep in the context of Brexit and French etc regulations?


There isn't one. If there was it would have been unveiled by now. Unless Social Reps and overpriced ski trips are the strategy. God help 'em. The run in to the new season starts in a few weeks basically. Where's the activity? 


Gerry wrote:
There's no proper debate here, it's just a stream of libelous comment from people hiding behind pseudonyms.


I'm not sure you understand the difference between libel and opinion or how high the bar is to prove libel. There is fairly intelligent healthy debate here and more so than I have ever seen on the old Ski Club chat room or various Facebook groups. 


Gerry wrote:
I've never known anyone who is so totally lacking in empathy.


Are you saying he's a psychopath? That's a bit of a step up from old mate or bully eh?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What's the bad behavior of a dying club has to do with the new "club blue sky"?

Oh right, try not to repeat the same path! Even stronger justification not to bother with the existing baggage... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@abc,
Quote:

What's the bad behavior of a dying club has to do with the new "club blue sky"?


+1
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yep there's a lesson here in whatever club you form don't let too many people like @gerry get to positions of power. Even as he thinks he defends his club from rumours or untruths he casts it in a further bad light and even with a platform to say positive and persuasive things about the future he is unable to. Perhaps it's just a stage of grief he's going through.

If the answer to members and potential asking "tell us clearly and unabiguously including legally what the deal is with the repping framework?" is "look at a mishmash of threads on facebook" then that's clearly an organisation that even with the benefit of 18 months thinking time doesn't know what it is doing. It ought to be memorised by every rep and certainly every member of council. Gambrill was unconvincing but at least he had the excuse of being a powerless newbie.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Dave of the Marmottes, as if I’m going to announce policies in here, to you and your chums.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pruman wrote:
Gerry wrote:
@philwig, no threats of violence from me, ever. My views on race are also very liberal, as in I think people should be treated equally, regardless of ethnicity. Same with class, everyone should be treated equally.


Hmmmm 'treated equally' you say. What about a certain D Goldsmith? Why is he discriminated against? Because, for the avoidance of doubt and whether you like him or not, it is discrimination.


Gerry wrote:
Well, he has many other issues as well. For example, if he doesn’t get his own way he will refuse to move on. Everyone else will assume an issue has been decided (for now, with a review later) but by the morning everyone will get a two thousand word email, covering all the same ground and again insisting that everyone else is wrong.

He once phoned me at 21:30 and I just couldn’t get him off the phone until about 23:00. He has a gift for sucking the life force out of you.

In meetings he will constantly interrupt and talk over people. Even when people are telling him to stop talking he just carries on. I’ve never experienced anything like it.


It may be very tiring that kind of behaviour but still isn't being a 'bully', it's more at the upper end of the PITA scale. You could have put the phone down, you could have replied to the 2000 word emails "this has already been discussed and decided upon. End." 


Gerry wrote:
Pisteoff is an old mate


old mates don't tend to bully their old mates now do they? 


On the rocks wrote:
@Gerry, Anyway, about a strategy to bring the club up to date and attract new members to ski or snowboard together with or without a leader / rep in the context of Brexit and French etc regulations?


There isn't one. If there was it would have been unveiled by now. Unless Social Reps and overpriced ski trips are the strategy. God help 'em. The run in to the new season starts in a few weeks basically. Where's the activity? 


Gerry wrote:
There's no proper debate here, it's just a stream of libelous comment from people hiding behind pseudonyms.


I'm not sure you understand the difference between libel and opinion or how high the bar is to prove libel. There is fairly intelligent healthy debate here and more so than I have ever seen on the old Ski Club chat room or various Facebook groups. 


Gerry wrote:
I've never known anyone who is so totally lacking in empathy.


Are you saying he's a psychopath? That's a bit of a step up from old mate or bully eh?


Goldsmith made ridiculously untrue allegations and got his membership withdraw as a result. He also made ridiculously untrue allegations about the owner of snowHeads and is now only allowed to make one post every 24hrs.

Some people found pisteoff to be rather bullying in style. I’m sure they would be delighted to hear from you that it was all their fault and that they weren’t actually being manipulated and bullied at all. Excellent bit of victim blaming by you.

Psychopath? Don’t be stupid!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@PeakyB,
Quote:

@abc,
Quote:

What's the bad behavior of a dying club has to do with the new "club blue sky"?

+1 also

@Gerry I disagree with about half of what you say, and find some of your comments offensive and very unhelpful. However I have always had a liking for you, and enjoyed the fact that you would engage, speak up and are different to the mould many in SCGB fit into. You stood beside me as we championed volunteer leading and took on the might of a secretive and foolish Council which was destroying 'our club'. Please don't diminish your voice, Club and Council any more with your obsession with personal attacks.
If SCGB can build back better that's great, it would of course mean an inclusive and welcoming club, open to new ideas and the challenge of a changed world. Your comments here while appalling do illustrate the need for something that abandons the baggage in SCGB Council, politics and the "gentlemen's club" posh white character - hence club blue sky and this thread. It may be too early for that - however interesting to explore? If you don't want to explore that, or explain how SCGB can deliver on the need why are you posting here?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gerry wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, as if I’m going to announce policies in here, to you and your chums.


Your choice - SGCB have in the past been happy to try to spam here because there are eyeballs directed here via google. Someone trying to unpick what exactly your rep service now is isn't going to be over enlightened by your website so one might suspect potential members might again be googling and find your compelling lack of articulation and evasiveness here.....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Never been a member of SCGB and at the moment very unlikely ever to be one. But these are things that could tempt me.

1. Drop the "Ski" from your name. Seriously as a boarder the quickest way to alienate me is for your name to tell me I'm not welcome.
2. Get out of London. It's sucking up huges amounts of cash and only adds to the Tweed Jacket/Sloane Ranger image. Base yourself nearer to where your (potential) members are ... Chill is almost empty so I'm sure there is some potential office space available at an attractive rate.
3. Get out into the community. Get you UK reps out to the local slopes on a regular and scheduled basis. e.g. your north west rep would be in Chill on the first Saturday of the month, next week , Rossendale, week after that in Kendal etc
4. Expanding on the hut idea already mentioned. Have small huts (a room in a farm building) in key resorts where members can drop in grab a free coffee/tea, eat their lunch. Maybe have some servicing equipment in there. Possibly run some (charged) sessions in an evening where a local tech will come in and talk about service tips and tricks before sorting people's gear ... "Tune Up Tuesdays"
5. Stop trying to be a tour operator. Maybe one or two big club events... Preseason gear test in Tignes, a WC race etc
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm sure this argument is very interesting to the participants but could some mod move it to apres, I can't see what place it has on The Piste. It is this kind of arguing that has ruined snowheads for many.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@davidof,
Quote:

It is this kind of arguing that has ruined snowheads for many.

This
latest report
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
davidof wrote:
I'm sure this argument is very interesting to the participants but could some mod move it to apres, I can't see what place it has on The Piste. It is this kind of arguing that has ruined snowheads for many.


If this minor sideshow ruins snowheads for people in the silly season of a year in which virtually no-one has skied and in which there are valid questions asked of what people might want out of some sort of ski club, then what doesn't? Even if it's just a platform for a SCGB director to shoot himself in the foot at least there is some amusement in that.

It should stay in The Piste so it remains searchable and certain individuals with official "roles" in skiing are accountable for their BS/total accuracy and omnipotence. I'd agree that a lot of the @gerry ranting and baiting should probably be in the ongoing SCGB thread but as he consciously seems to avoid that....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof wrote:
I'm sure this argument is very interesting to the participants but could some mod move it to apres, I can't see what place it has on The Piste. It is this kind of arguing that has ruined snowheads for many.

Moving it to apres won't stop the argument. So I can't see it helps in any way.

I didn't open the thread till it reached page 3 or 4. I'm sure plenty of people haven't looked in here at all. So I don't see how it would ruin anything in snowheads (except the chance of SCGB recruiting effort Laughing ).
ski holidays



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy