Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When do children’s feet stop changing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My eldest daughter has nigh on destroyed her junior boots. This has been down to hard use predominantly plus as I understand it junior boots aren’t built to last. She turns 15 in a week and her feet are basically same size as mine.

How much more growing / changing of shape is she likely to do now?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@NickyJ, I think feet don't finally stop growing or changing shape until around aged 20,which is when the growth plates close, but I'm not certain of that. Most of the growing will have been done by now though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It is a game of bluff- you need to avoid her feet knowing that you are prepared to buy more boots. Good luck! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@JamesHJ, Laughing

I really did not want to yet… was hoping those would last her a lot longer, however to be fair she has done a lot of hours in them on the dry ski slopes mainly but in the mountains as well.

I think I may scour eBay for some secondhand ones of that same boot….. at least I know it fits.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
About 15 years old. Perhaps a bit earlier for girls
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
IIRC. With my Daughter, it was around 15/16.....though while this might be average, there will be those who stop growing earlier, or later.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Feet are among the first things to get big. Taller tower needs a bigger foundation. So if the rest of her is about done, her feet are.

That's feet. Girls don't have the calves that women do, so while her feet may be done, if she doesn't fill out as she ages into adulthood, she'll be the first 14 yr old who doesn't. So my guess is these boots she needs now are gonna work for a few more years, then it will be time for another pair. This is how it went for our daughter.

Something else to think about: if she has adult-size feet but is still light as a feather, you can run into problems with adult boots (and skis) being too stiff.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Scooter in Seattle, thanks! I am more and more convinced about searching eBay Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
On a slight tangent I see a ton of patients with bad feet who just need bigger shoes ("I've been size 6 forever") You might have a period as a young adult where they stay the same for a while. But gravity always wins and through adult life they normally grow as the ligaments stretch.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy