Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine - Monday start ski school?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So planning a half term trip to Morzine with friends/families, some of whom are beginners (either week 2 or week 1, though the week 1 family may have had some snow dome instruction before we go) and turns out the accomodation we're looking at is Sun-Sun rather than Sat-Sat...

Do you get Mon-Mon ski school groups?
Or if they've had the "day 1" lesson in a dome would they just get dropped into a Sun-Sun ski school group and pay for 4 rather than 5 days?
Or does Sun-Sun accomodation only really work for post-ski school groups?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mjit wrote:
So planning a half term trip to Morzine with friends/families, some of whom are beginners (either week 2 or week 1, though the week 1 family may have had some snow dome instruction before we go) and turns out the accomodation we're looking at is Sun-Sun rather than Sat-Sat...

Do you get Mon-Mon ski school groups?
Or if they've had the "day 1" lesson in a dome would they just get dropped into a Sun-Sun ski school group and pay for 4 rather than 5 days?
Or does Sun-Sun accomodation only really work for post-ski school groups?

No experience of Morzine but in Chatel 5 days Monday-Friday was certainly available (and the norm I seem to remember). That was a good few years ago though.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's exactly where I learned, and it was Sun-Sun chalet, with Mon-Fri 5x half-day lessons and free skiing in the afternoons and the last Saturday.
I think it is pretty normal there.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Supreme Ski school do Mon-Fri options or Sun-Fri in Morzine, likewise New Generation.

I'm sure many others will do similar.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
At this stage i think you need to take any ski school- send those mails out! . Many are already fully booked as UK/Paris clash.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
At this stage i think you need to take any ski school- send those mails out! . Many are already fully booked as UK/Paris clash.

Hopefully not...this is a 2023 trip I'm planning Smile

Thanks for the replies - I've only done Sat-Sat trips in the past, where if we had beginners it was Sun-Thurs for ski school/Fri free to be 'challenged' by the more experienced skiers.

Just leaves the pain of most of the parents (and me for that matter) preferring a split drive/getting children home at a reasonable time considering they have school on the Monday. Chatting on the weekend sounds like we'd probably end up trying arrange the 'hand back' for the Sat. and going ski/shower/jump in the cars and hit the road, just binning the last night in the chalet. A bit of a shame but maybe the flip side of a day skiing quiet slopes and actually getting on the road after the worst of the changeover day traffic.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy