Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

india version of AZ vaccine

Poster: A snowHead
has anyone being turned back with these vaccine batches which denote that fit was made in india?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I heard something about this this morning. My jab was one of the Indian ones, so another possible nail in the coffin for my hols Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
"All AstraZeneca vaccines given in the UK are the same product and appear on the NHS Covid Pass as Vaxzevria," the Department for Health says, according to the BBC

@Timmycb5, how do you know?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Someone in work told me about it this morning. Apparently any batches 4120Z001, 2 and 3 aren't approved by the EMA. Saying that, it was in the Torygraph which isn't that reliable anymore.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Timmycb5, my batch numbers are two letters and 5 numbers (which I guess would increase to the required number).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
T'was on Radio 4 this AM : Administrative cock-up - Indian authorities have not applied for approval, therefore the EMA cannot grant it....!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@albob, apparently application for emergency use in train - bbc yesterday
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Timmycb5, my batch numbers are two letters and 5 numbers (which I guess would increase to the required number).

Just looked again, my first dose was on the list, my second starts with PW
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My Vaccine passport (aka NHS App) says Vaxzevria, and batch numbers are PVxxxxx

So I'm alright Jack!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think we possibly used one of the Indian batches at the vaccine clinic, but I would have to check at work. The batch I am thinking about had short expiry dates, and we assumed they had been sent back from Europe as they had suspended using AZ vaccines. My son may even have had one of them, although I think his second dose would be OK. FFS.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My first dose matches the Batch No. posted by @Timmycb5, but my second one is fine. Let's hope the admin mistake gets rectified ASAP.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just checked ours, both our first doses matchTimmycb5, batch no.s. 2nd doses ok.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think it will be sorted soon
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ajc2260626 wrote:
I think it will be sorted soon

I would hope so - 5 million affected.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Old Fartbag wrote:
My first dose matches the Batch No. posted by @Timmycb5, but my second one is fine. Let's hope the admin mistake gets rectified ASAP.

Same here. And, in the spirit of Life of Brian, so is my wife.

It seems counter intuitive to me that it is the first vaccine, given 4 months ago, that is causing the problem. You would have thought any issues would have come to light sooner.
snow report
Both my doses came from batches starting with two letters (AB then PV) and 5 numbers.
snow conditions

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/eu-vaccine-passport-excludes-5m-britons-given-indian-made-astrazeneca/

Brits should not be Travelling Anywhere .... Skullie Skullie

STAY AT HOME

snow conditions
what about people in North America getting Pfizer or Moderna that is manufactured over there?
How about Hungarians who have been having the sputnik vaccine? Also would have thought UK would have tested the batches in the UK to UK specific guidelines.

Sounds like scaremongering
snow conditions
@stanton, you are a lady's front bottom
snow conditions
Mr.Egg wrote:
Also would have thought UK would have tested the batches in the UK to UK specific guidelines.
AIUI, all batches of all approved vaccines in the UK are tested to ensure they meet specification. This seems to be an bureaucratic problem rather than a genuine safety concern.
ski holidays
@stanton, I don’t suppose you have a graph showing rates of hospitalised people and deaths across Europe which would be more relevant.
ski holidays
My first jab was one of the Indian ones. Let hope the sooty this out. Thought the comment on the Telegraph article by a punter about checking all batches should have been checked for being approved for travel is tosh a) it's about protecting people rather travel and b) we were sorting this out well before the EU travel programme got traction none has 2020 hindsight
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:
Also would have thought UK would have tested the batches in the UK to UK specific guidelines.
AIUI, all batches of all approved vaccines in the UK are tested to ensure they meet specification. This seems to be an bureaucratic problem rather than a genuine safety concern.

Exactly this. There is no difference between the above batches and others apart from the lab they came from by all accounts.

It's just an administrative cock up.
snow report
Approval of production sites is a big part of pharmaceutical regulation - the regulators need to know that a new site uses the identical production method and has sufficiently good quality control to ensure that the product is exactly the same as that licensed. It may involve the regulator making site inspections.

In this case SII will have had no reason to apply for European registration on their own behalf if they weren't intending to supply Europe. AZ apparently weren't intending to use India-made vaccines in Europe when they applied for authorisation, though it is slightly surprising they didn't add India as an alternative manufacturing site (as they presumably did in the UK) when the Belgian factory had its supply issues.
ski holidays
Mine are both PVxxxx numbers, but JanetS' first dose given at her GPs was one of the Indian ones (and the BBC also quotes the same batch numbers mentioned above), but since we don't plan to travel until the autumn I suspect it will be sorted by then.
ski holidays
@RobinS, fingers crossed. On the positive side, one of the very few issues sensibly resolved in the Brexit Withdrawal Agreement was mutual recognition by the EMA and MHRA of pharmaceutical manufacturing site inspections. So if India is added to the AZ authorisation in Europe, there will be a track record of inspections that meet requirements.
latest report
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57695835

Covid: UK shares India jab data with EU amid travel fears

The UK's medicines regulator has shared its data on an Indian-made Covid jab with its European counterpart amid concerns that Britons who had the shot may not be able to travel in the EU.

It comes after reports the bloc's passport scheme does not recognise doses of the AstraZeneca jab known as Covishield.

Boris Johnson said he was "confident" there would not prove to be a problem.

Vaccine expert Prof Adam Finn said the issue was an "administrative hurdle".
latest report
Both mine were PV but somewhat surprised to confirm the full batch numbers were only 2 apart for jabs 10 weeks apart - does this mean that my local healthcare consortium had been stockpiling vaccine a while?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dave of the Marmottes, My batches were only a dozen apart, 12 weeks and opposite ends of the country. I guess the batches must be pretty big.
snow conditions
@RobinS, I suspect so probably 1m+ in each batch so particularly if they switched largely to Pfizer after my first might mean close batch numbers if they allocated them regionally in no particular order.
snow conditions
Has anyone tried to use the nhs app into France? And has anyone had any of th Indian batches on it? Would be interested to know if they were let in.....
snow report
NeddySkiGoon wrote:
@stanton, I don’t suppose you have a graph showing rates of hospitalised people and deaths across Europe which would be more relevant.

Plus the number of tests in EU and therefore the positivity rate - last time I looked Holland was at around 4% compared to 1% for UK. This case number on it's own is just meaningless.

Also had a dodgy jab, hopefully will get revolved very soon. Failing that will have to ask Mrs B to get me a 3rd jab quickly Toofy Grin
snow report
Why would Britons be locked out of Europe?worse case scenario they just do antigen test before they leave. Them presumably no test at all heading home
snow report
Not all of Europe. France for sure and I think Portugal too.
France are not accepting the Indian version of AstraZeneca as it isn’t EMA approved. So if you have had one or two of those doses then you aren’t considered fully vaccinated so cannot enter France except for essential reasons.
snow conditions
peanuthead wrote:
Why would Britons be locked out of Europe?worse case scenario they just do antigen test before they leave. Them presumably no test at all heading home

It would not just be British, but lots of other countries who have had the indian made vaccine including quite a few french speaking countries… inc canada.
snow report
L0ve2ski wrote:
Not all of Europe. France for sure and I think Portugal too.
France are not accepting the Indian version of AstraZeneca as it isn’t EMA approved. So if you have had one or two of those doses then you aren’t considered fully vaccinated so cannot enter France except for essential reasons.

Although the EMA application is now in. I just hope it’s pushed though quick enough.
snow conditions
To be absolutely correct I checked the French consulate website this morning and it doesn’t say they won’t accept it, it actually says that you just need proof of double jab and that the nhs app is one way of provingit, it doesn’t say anything about the az Indian batch of vaccines. So to the letter of the law you should be able to travel if you have the double regardless of where the batches came from
snow report
bug, my first jab was one of those batches Sad
snow report
https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/France-travel-No-plans-to-review-acceptance-of-UK-s-Indian-vaccine

It seems that it depends on who is checking your documents whether you will be able to enter France with one of these batch numbers on your certificate.....

''Doubt remains however as to how travellers who have had one or more doses of the Indian vaccine will be identified on arrival in France.

The main way of spotting a vaccination with Covishield is reportedly by identifying a relevant ‘batch’ number, as the name ‘Covishield’ does not usually appear on certificates.

Batch numbers are shown on British vaccination certificates and in the NHS App application, which is stated by the French Consulate in London to be acceptable for proof of vaccination for entry to France.

The spokeswoman said border officials will look for the name, however she could not confirm if they will also be looking at batch numbers. She said she would check this element.

The Connexion has also asked several leading travel companies if they will be checking travellers’ certificates, including batch numbers, before travel, and telling those vaccinated with Covishield that it is not accepted by France.

So far only Eurostar has responded, saying staff are not checking certificates and are leaving this to French border officials. However in the case of Eurostar both UK and French border checks are done before departure, a spokesman said.''

The article also says....''Makers Serum Institute of India now say they have applied for EMA approval and that this is thought to take around a month, a leading Indian daily newspaper Hindustan Times reported yesterday. The Connexion has asked the company and EMA to confirm this.''
snow conditions
Snowbikers wrote:
https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/France-travel-No-plans-to-review-acceptance-of-UK-s-Indian-vaccine

It seems that it depends on who is checking your documents whether you will be able to enter France with one of these batch numbers on your certificate.....

''Doubt remains however as to how travellers who have had one or more doses of the Indian vaccine will be identified on arrival in France.

The main way of spotting a vaccination with Covishield is reportedly by identifying a relevant ‘batch’ number, as the name ‘Covishield’ does not usually appear on certificates.

Batch numbers are shown on British vaccination certificates and in the NHS App application, which is stated by the French Consulate in London to be acceptable for proof of vaccination for entry to France.

The spokeswoman said border officials will look for the name, however she could not confirm if they will also be looking at batch numbers. She said she would check this element.

The Connexion has also asked several leading travel companies if they will be checking travellers’ certificates, including batch numbers, before travel, and telling those vaccinated with Covishield that it is not accepted by France.

So far only Eurostar has responded, saying staff are not checking certificates and are leaving this to French border officials. However in the case of Eurostar both UK and French border checks are done before departure, a spokesman said.''

The article also says....''Makers Serum Institute of India now say they have applied for EMA approval and that this is thought to take around a month, a leading Indian daily newspaper Hindustan Times reported yesterday. The Connexion has asked the company and EMA to confirm this.''

Well that'll be my ring winking right down to the wire then. Supposed to be crossing on Sunday 1st August!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy