Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Desperate for accurate info - entry to CH....

Poster: A snowHead
I have been told SO many different things about getting to Switzerland this summer. Both my partner and I have been double-jabbed. We can get in. But I have a 15 year old and a 17 year old, neither of whom have been vaccinated. I just can't get clarity on what requirements are applied to them. I would ike to drive from UK to CH (we need to take some DH bikes) but also can fly direct to Geneva Swiss-side if need be...

Anyone?

Many thanks.....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If only there was a dedicated thread to bother looking at
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As pointed out above there is an entire thread on it. In short, your kids have to quarantine for 10 days if not vaccinated if you are coming direct from UK because you are coming from a country with a worrying variant. Doesn’t matter how you arrive.
Do post any further info on the relevant thread.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PS 17 year old has to test as well

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2962480350663256&id=1738122286432408&__tn__=%2As%2As-R
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Skimum1, If they are driving down through France though, they're entering from France not the UK.

I also can't find any clarity in the French and Swiss rules regarding entering from a "low risk" country, but having been in a high risk country previously 6 hours ago, 2 days ago, 5 days ago etc
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
https://travelcheck.admin.ch/home

The actual law: https://www.fedlex.admin.ch/eli/cc/2021/380/en#annex_2/lvl_d1199e32

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 10-07-21 23:11; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html#687386996

Have you been in a country with a variant of concern in the last 10 days before entering Switzerland? If you have not been vaccinated or are unable to prove that you have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months, you must go into quarantine after entering Switzerland.
Follow the instructions under What to do after entering Switzerland and report your arrival to the cantonal authority. Despite having filled out the entry form you need to report your arrival to the canton.

The quarantine requirement is governed by the list valid at the moment of entry into Switzerland. The quarantine requirement also applies to children.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
https://travelcheck.admin.ch/home

Have a look at this - says you can enter from UK if your are 2 x vacc with no quarantine. Doesn't say anything about age.

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

This says that children should be included on the adults form and lower down says children are exempt from having to provide a negative test result.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@pdsguy, theres a clarification in the FAQ that children are required to quarantine from UK. Full details on the other post.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Where is that link please?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In the other thread - page 3 from memory
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@pdsguy, there was a statement on the British Embassy in Switzerland Facebook page - just checked there again and no update.
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=155344&start=160#4796591
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Gamsbock Got it - thanks.

Do you know about a child going straight from GVA airport to France? Can they Transit?

Do they have to go straight to the French side of the airport or can they drive across city to go to France
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home/sem/aktuell/faq-einreiseverweigerung.html#2005127624

It is only possible to enter Switzerland from a high-risk country in order to travel on to another Schengen state for a short stay of up to 90 days if you can prove that you have been vaccinated (see “How can I prove that I am vaccinated?”). Persons under 18 may enter Switzerland if they are travelling with an adult who has been vaccinated.

If I read this correctly it means the u18 could enter CH with a parent in order to go to France....
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@pdsguy, I think they can transit, as long as the accompanying parents are vaccinated. See here
https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home/sem/aktuell/faq-einreiseverweigerung.html#2005127624

Quote:
Transit from a third country considered by the SEM to be high-risk to a Schengen state
It is only possible to enter Switzerland from a high-risk country in order to travel on to another Schengen state for a short stay of up to 90 days if you can prove that you have been vaccinated (see “How can I prove that I am vaccinated?”). Persons under 18 may enter Switzerland if they are travelling with an adult who has been vaccinated.
Otherwise the normal requirements for entering Switzerland apply.
snow conditions
@Gämsbock,

Thank you! Looks like it would be OK today..... just cross my fingers it is still possible in 3 weeks time!
ski holidays
@pdsguy, just realised we cross-posted the same link Embarassed. I think the Swiss won’t care as long as you can demonstrate you’re going straight to France (e.g. with accommodation contract). Btw, I’ve got no idea what the French rules are!
latest report
@Gämsbock,

Great minds think alike.

The U18 can go to France no problem so it’s just the challenge of getting into GVA and across the city. Looks possible.
snow report
@pdsguy, theres no hotel quarantine etc. in CH so as long as you put the french address in thr app you will be fine. If the parents weren't vaxxed then you wouldn't be allowed in to CH.
ski holidays
@pdsguy, theres no hotel quarantine etc. in CH so as long as you put the french address in thr app you will be fine. If the parents weren't vaxxed then you wouldn't be allowed in to CH.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy