Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New 21/22 Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
@Weathercam, Your brothers place looks fantastic!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is there any certainty about next week’s weather?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Drove from Chautreuse North of Grenoble down to Serre Chevalier and loads of fresh snow at lower altitude to Bourg Oisans, so ADH must have scored well, as we drove up towards the LDA turn so the snow was less, and by the time we dropped back over the Lautaret to Serre Che we arrived at the Green Green Grass of home Sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Col du Lautaret has a lot to answer for!

The northern alps looking pretty good for the time of year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Where can i check accurate winds and temps forecast for a given ski site? And how far out can it be reliable? (can you say forecast for 3-4 days ahead will be pretty accurate?) Thanks!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Some funky new snowfall/snow depth charts for CH on SLF

https://whiterisk.ch/en/snow/new?period=7_days
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cold and puking for the next week or so snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BobinCH wrote:

Hi i would like to check winds and temps for matterhorn, Any reliable source?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Incoming!!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Idb1213 wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

Météo Suisse app or website - you can see forecast for Zermatt Town or the top of the Matterhorn. Here’s the Matterhorn forecast
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Idb1213, not sure I’d recommend climbing the Matterhorn this week wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BobinCH wrote:
Idb1213 wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

Météo Suisse app or website - you can see forecast for Zermatt Town or the top of the Matterhorn. Here’s the Matterhorn forecast

Thanks how accurate is this? So according to this weather i can except some lift shuts?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Idb1213, there are no lifts at the top of the Matterhorn. Where are you going and when are you going?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BobinCH wrote:
@Idb1213, there are no lifts at the top of the Matterhorn. Where are you going and when are you going?

Cervinia 4/12
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Idb1213 wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

Cervinia 4/12

Snow on the 4th and then sunny and cold. Looks a perfect forecast
https://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Cervinia/6day/mid
ski holidays
BobinCH wrote:
Idb1213 wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

Cervinia 4/12

Snow on the 4th and then sunny and cold. Looks a perfect forecast
https://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Cervinia/6day/mid

Thanks, as to cold, not too cold to close lifts? Same for wind, not too strong winds?
latest report
@Idb1213, if the forecast is correct and the wind is 15-20 km/h - there is unlikely to be any closures. Of course no one knows what the weather will be on a given day. Cervinia/Zermatt are quite high and exposed, so there is always a risk of high winds.

you may be better off asking these questions in the dedicated Cervinia/Zermatt thread
snow report
Im asking because bergfex shows different then snow forecast ( bergfex shows strong winds for next weekend)..
snow report
Wed-Friday welcomes another reload of the same pattern we've had for almost 2 weeks....atlantic high, euro low = NW flow, I reckon this will be the 5th separate system to roll in

Next 10 days snow chart looks familiar....Scotland, Norway, Pyrennes, most of Alps, Bosnia etc

More detail here......I noticed some dude called BobinCH posting pictures of Verbier in the comments Cool
https://wepowder.com/en/forum/topic/282189

That's the end of the reliable good news. Models have been consistently showing a change in pattern from next weekend on. Strong repeated signal for high pressure to bulld over France.....so dry and milder from 12th Dec on, no idea how long it lasts but I wouldn't be surprised by at least a week or two
ski holidays
I reckon the only thing that could wreck the start of the season now is "warm and very wet" so anything but that and I'm happy
ski holidays
@jedster, I wish that were true! I’m thinking govenrnments and covid Toofy Grin
ski holidays
polo wrote:

More detail here......I noticed some dude called BobinCH posting pictures of Verbier in the comments Cool
https://wepowder.com/en/forum/topic/282189

That jerk gets everywhere…

Looking powdertastic for the birthday weekend snowHead
snow report
Second half of December is trending much warmer and drier. Should mean better weather and more reliable skiing, particularly in the high Alps snowHead

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 8-12-21 23:45; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Peter S wrote:
...Second half of December is trending warmer but drier. could mean good weather for skiing.

Shocked

That's heresy if you're a powder hound, it's like Japan out there at the moment Laughing

I'm just going to break trail in nigh on 40cm of fresh snow and hopefully, as it's so cold I will not really notice the depth, whereas if it were a couple of degrees warmer!
ski holidays
Snow forecast saying this Saturday should be Ok for travel to Tignes - Friday not so good.
https://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Tignes/6day/mid

However, the squiggly lines on wetterzentrale for Bourg all seem to be congregating on late 10th through to 11th - which is Friday into Saturday.
https://www.wetterzentrale.de/en/pointmap.php?map=EU&member=ENS

Any of the resident Snowhead weather gurus prepared to give their view on heading up the mountain after dark on Saturday 11th? Fully loaded with winter tyres and chains, but could do without any additional agro.
latest report
its chaos getting in and out today due to weather, plus a crash at sainte foy apparently

only one road in and out so expect heavy traffic if in peak times and if bad weather it could be a nightmare as no doubt someone will try to go up without chains or correct tyres....unless the plod are out to check and stop
ski holidays
I have no intention currently of going skiing this winter because of the various and changing covid rules but I do enjoy this thread. If I do go skiing it will be at the very last minute, when limited visibility of rules can be gained, and weather will be an imortant part of the decision.

Actually maybe there is a link between covid modelling and rules and weather forecasting - none are very accurate more than a very few days out

Can someone please persuade admin it is time this thread became "sticky"?
snow conditions
countryman wrote:

Can someone please persuade admin it is time this thread became "sticky"?

+1 the old one is hanging around longer than Covid
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wow, it’s quiet on here - any thoughts on the dry spell that’s approaching? Does it look like it may settle in for a while?
ski holidays
I think this thread is fuelled by uncertainty and right now there’s so much snow out there nobody is stressing about weather (replaced by Covid tests and restrictions)
We’ll be getting to our accommodation on the 19th and ordinarily I’d be crossing fingers and looking for any positive signs in the forecast but with over a meter of snow outside the apartment already that’s the one thing I’m not concerned about so a lack of posts on this thread is probably a good thing.
snow conditions
joe.b wrote:
Wow, it’s quiet on here - any thoughts on the dry spell that’s approaching? Does it look like it may settle in for a while?

Probably the best thing that could have happened for anyone wanting to ski in France or Switzerland over the next couple of weeks. Up to now very little has been open in the western alps but with a spell of good weather they should quickly open up and keep open many more runs. Good visibility, sun, warm temperatures, choice of runs and more lifts open what’s not to like ? snowHead

The only problem might be that once the weather settles over the Alps at this time of year it can become difficult to shift.
ski holidays
Can’t remember what year it was possibly 2012 that had a start like this , didn’t snow for two months after .
snow conditions
Rob Mackley wrote:
Can’t remember what year it was possibly 2012 that had a start like this , didn’t snow for two months after .

From memory Dec 2011 had awesome snow.
snow report
Hello.

I am going to Megeve after christmas.
Do you think this dry period will stop skiing?
Thanks for you help
ski holidays
RonWeltyPT wrote:
Hello.

Thanks for you help

Sorry?
snow report
RonWeltyPT wrote:
Hello.

Thanks for you help

Sorry?
snow conditions
Do you think this dry and no snowing Will make skiing impractible in megeve in the week between christmas and NYE, i am not an expert in ski weather.

Thanks
latest report
@RonWeltyPT, No it will be fine
snow conditions
DB wrote:
Rob Mackley wrote:

From memory Dec 2011 had awesome snow.
Yes, very similar to what we have now in the Tarentaise. There was a dry spell after that, but I didn’t mind too much as I skied in Niseko when it was not so good in the Alps, so got my fill of awesome snow there snowHead
snow report
RonWeltyPT wrote:
Hello.

Thanks for you help

No I think you will be able to ski.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy