Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bad smells

Poster: A snowHead
I think I'll give Snowheads a break for a while. I've discovered that I'm only allowed to have one contributor on 'mute', which isn't enough.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@caughtanedge, pay a subscription and you can have 5 ignores
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok thanks. I assume that's a subscription of £35, not a donation?
I don't mind shoving a bit of money the way of Snowheads, I've had a lot of useful info, and entertainment over the years. I don't use social meejah much so maybe I'm being too picky - there seem to have been quite a lot of self-centred, brainless and fairly unpleasant contributions recently, which have taken the shine off it all for me, in the current situation.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not sure which level of sub gets you the 5 ignores. I pay the 35 mainly cos I get the bashes for less that way. Still need more ignores though rolling eyes

Personally there area couple of contributors that should be banned completely. It's annoying that when one bad smell drifts away, another one turns up from nowhere. I give it half an hour of one of those bad smells to post in this thread too. She did precisely that in the last one 2 days ago. rolling eyes

PS and 1 or 2 are more than just a bad smell.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@caughtanedge, It's £35. Call it a top-up for the hamster food if you wish Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@caughtanedge,
Quote:

there seem to have been quite a lot of self-centred, brainless and fairly unpleasant contributions recently, which have taken the shine off it all for me, in the current situation.

+1
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In Ancient Greece, tyrants could be ostracized (banished for 10 years) if 6000 citizens voted them out. Maybe SH should try it?
https://www.nationalgeographic.org/media/ostracism-ancient-greece/
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
caughtanedge wrote:
I think I'll give Snowheads a break for a while. I've discovered that I'm only allowed to have one contributor on 'mute', which isn't enough.

I pay the "subscription" which is entirely voluntary and in return I get my money back by discounts on bashes. same as @andy,
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
£35 if its a one off donation and you only get the benefits for that year, £25 if you set up an annual payment

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/support_snowHeads.php
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
BobinCH wrote:
In Ancient Greece, tyrants could be ostracized (banished for 10 years) if 6000 citizens voted them out. Maybe SH should try it?
https://www.nationalgeographic.org/media/ostracism-ancient-greece/

Many forums do a similar thing : First offence = one week off ; Second offence = one month off - etc (Moderators decision is final ..!)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I pay the £35 a year, not so much to get discount on the bashes, but more to help admin keep the forum going. I have the five "knobhead" filter, but could do with more. Confused

Having said that, I simply avoid all the threads that are contentious, or become contentious (which is most, it must be said). Not worth having your blood pressure raised by trolls or self opinionated know it alls who slang people off, just because they have a different viewpoint on a particular topic. rolling eyes

Life is far too short.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tempted to chuck in £35. I don’t have anyone on mute, but sometimes I can’t help myself from but when some of our fruitier contributors post some of their dross.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Puzzled
He who smelt it, dealt it Twisted Evil
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
He who said the rhyme, did the crime
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
He who denied it supplied it
ski holidays
@Richard_Sideways, are you pointing a finger .....?
ski holidays
Whoever said the rap did the crap.
ski holidays
This is what I like about Snowheads. You can always guarantee deep, intellectual discourse!
latest report
@Timmycb5,
Drop'ed gasses from thine badge of ruste
more noisome than Thames in high August
for thy puffling pant doth not conceal
the breaking of thy privy seal
for he which what doth emit in prose,
offendeth Gods and tender nose

- W. Shakespeare, c 1602, Sonnets
snow report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@Timmycb5,

Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@Timmycb5,

Beautiful Laughing
snow conditions
Annoying people who are annoying on the internet do it to annoy people. There are dickheads out there - get used to it. They will only annoy you if you let them. Be Zen. For me, the positive outweighs the negative by a long distance; life is a compromise.
ski holidays
Alongside Boris's bar, should we have Pam's "The voice of reason" sticky thread? Happy

I actually miss our former Whitegold - sometimes his/her questions held a mirror up to us all. Sadly his replacements just aren't in the same intellectual league.
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
Annoying people who are annoying on the internet do it to annoy people. There are dickheads out there - get used to it. They will only annoy you if you let them. Be Zen. For me, the positive outweighs the negative by a long distance; life is a compromise.

Well said, I'm reminded of this cartoon. (It's well worth looking at a few random xkcd cartoons if you haven't before)
ski holidays
pam w wrote:

Unfortunately this is right.

The term troll tends to be used by the media to talk about people who are abusing others. The original use of the term was to describe people who try to start arguments for fun, often in seemingly innocent ways (trolls hide under bridges). There do seem to be a handful of people who just want to get a reaction. In life in general best to just ignore them, they want reaction and like nothing more then having post after post of argument so will get bored if they don't get it, easier said than done though...

Also, they will never change their mind but people seem to get fixated on trying to prove them wrong which is exactly what they want.
ski holidays
@richb67, @pam w +1 completely agree
latest report
I also think the past year has been worse than normal - for obvious reasons there is less ski chat, and probably less occasional posters who genuinely come on the board to seek ski information. Unfortunately the amount of trolls seem to have remained constant, which makes them stand out more. Also, with the lack of genuine ski threads in The Piste - it feels like the Apres vibe has started infecting more threads than normal.

I'm hoping that we'll start to see a shift back to normality over the summer and more ski-based threads!
snow conditions
@snowdave, agree about Whitegold. He was reliably succinct in his almost haikuesque posts. Gave us all good facial muscle workouts as we tried to figure it out.

@pam w, well put, although if I encounter one of these idiots misbehaving on an airplane* I may well get my 15 minutes of fame.

*speaking of things that have spiked seemingly due to the coronavirus doing something to some peoples's brains, I guess.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowdave wrote:
Alongside Boris's bar, should we have Pam's "The voice of reason" sticky thread?

No, every thread needs the occasional reality check of the "voice of reason".
latest report
I miss the voice of t'reason
snow conditions
pam w wrote:

There is a-reason politics and religion is banned in family meetings
Laughing
Believe it or not, my friends are more opposite to my view!
snow report
There coulde be a top trolls poll stickie. Anyone can be nominated. Everyone can vote.

At the end of the month, the top 5 cannot post for a month. No need to take it any further.

Freedom of speech brigade . . . blah, blah, blah. Being a keyboard warrior prick has pretty minor consequences, get over it.
latest report
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
@snowdave, agree about Whitegold. He was reliably succinct in his almost haikuesque posts. Gave us all good facial muscle workouts as we tried to figure it out.

@pam w, well put, although if I encounter one of these idiots misbehaving on an airplane* I may well get my 15 minutes of fame.

*speaking of things that have spiked seemingly due to the coronavirus doing something to some peoples's brains, I guess.

Shocked
Crikey?? Comparing Whitegolds dispatches to obscure Japanese poetry, you are right about the covid thing.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy