Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best time to book accomodation for next year?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I think i have found the best potential solution...

Drive to Courchevel over Easter. I can book the hotel in Courchevel 1850 for the 9th April for a good price - Les Chalets du Forum. This is in a very central location and can walk to the ski school, kindegarten easily. I have stayed in Courchevel 3 times so know the resort reasonably well so its always been my first choice. I will book Sat - Sat Smile. Then on the way back make it more leisurely maybe even stopping off at Euro disney for the day? I think if I throw that into the mix there should be no complaints about the long drive!

I just need to double check the conditions in Courchevel in early April
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jimmytwoburgers, when I stayed there at that time of year. The runs down to 1850 were all good. It was getting patchy down to 1550 (where we were staying). The last runs down to 1650 were slushy.

Meribel was a massive slush fest and which sent us scurrying back over to Courchevel side
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@NickyJ, That sounds good for me. We haven't been for 10+ years so we won't be covering a huge area, plus we will have to get back for lunch time pickup.

I just want to double check it can't be done for a reasonable priced package. Who is left doing package holidays now apart from Crystal and Inghams? I can't believe how many companies have gone since I used to go.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jimmytwoburgers wrote:

I think Easter is looking a better idea. I would be looking at 9th April. There is no issue with ski schools / kindergaten ski shools still running that late in the season is there?

No not at all - April 9th for most families will be the first week of the Easter school holidays, so it'll be a busy week for the ski schools. So not only will they be running, but your kids will have lots of new friends to meet.

Easter is late this year, so the school holidays are a bit later too - so make sure you go high enough. In previous easter school holidays, we've been to Avoriaz late March, La Plagne first week of April, and for next year we'll go to Val Thorens as it's a week later still. Doesn't guarantee anything, or mean that there won't be snow lower down - but my logic helps me sleep easier and stops me getting obsessed by snow reports (ish).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jimmytwoburgers, i have pm’d you
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
One last question....I have come across quite a few hotels / apartments in Chamonix on booking.com that show up when chosing Thursday to Thursday. eg Apartment Mont du Soleil - 750 yards from Chamonix Ski School. (https://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/apartment-mont-du-soleil.en-gb.html)

Will this be ok for beginners? I don't know anything about Chamonix, or would you would go elsewhere in April for something better?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@jimmytwoburgers, forget Chamonix, it's not for you - for this group, time of year, etc.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 16-06-21 22:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jimmytwoburgers wrote:
I can book the hotel in Courchevel 1850 for the 9th April for a good price

That surprises me, 1850 is known to be one of the most expensive resorts in France if not the Alps. But not everybody's budget is the same.

jimmytwoburgers wrote:
This is in a very central location and can walk to the ski school, kindegarten easily. I have stayed in Courchevel 3 times so know the resort reasonably well so its always been my first choice. I will book Sat - Sat Smile. Then on the way back make it more leisurely maybe even stopping off at Euro disney for the day? I think if I throw that into the mix there should be no complaints about the long drive!

All sounds good.

jimmytwoburgers wrote:
I just need to double check the conditions in Courchevel in early April

1850 and above will be fine. Below that will get slushier the further you go.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy