Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Self catering - talk to me about the options!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
colinstone wrote:
brianatab wrote:
If you buy all the groceries from Aldi or Lidl, and they have "European" labels, does that mean you can take them into France without any problems or restrictions?

Only in accordance with EU SPS regulations, which I have to fully investigate. But my current understanding is no meat or dairy whether raw, processed or cooked in any form or container or products containing those items. Unsure about fresh fruit and veg.

Correct and even with EU label on it
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Andybag wrote:
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
@Extremophile, If you buy a bag of Porridge Oats in the valley, boil a kettle, add hot water to said Oats in a bowl, leave overnight to cool. Strain into a jug the next morning and Hey Presto, "Fresh" Oat Milk. Very Happy

Perfect timing; I was just about to ask how you milked an oat (or an almond)

Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
[quote="johnE"]
Quote:

Wine in the resort shop in 1600 is about 5€ a bottle. In the Super U in Bourg 3-4 euros so shall we say 1.50€ a bottle more expensive up the mountain. If we assume a bottle per person per night that is a saving of 1.5x7x14, roughly 500€. A not insignificant saving.

€500 - if they drink 24 bottles a night between 7 of them. Let's get the party started! Hic! Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Extremophile,

I'm with you on laundry....I hate going home with dirty washing!

But home with dirty washing surely = more ski time wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Bergmeister, can't ski in the evening
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Or when the lifts are shut due to high winds or Avi risk 5
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's worth seeing if the apartment will accept a supermarket delivery for you before you arrive. Either way it's definitely worth making some sort of arrangement to get the basics for the trip from a valley supermarket. If you're not doing that check how far (vertical and horizontal!) the shop is - the first time we self catered we discovered the shop needed to be accessed via a lift (or a very long walk round) which was a bit of a faff.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@penguinhouse6, French supermarkets are really not geared up to deliveries in the same way as we are here, especially in the mountains. Some will deliver, our local Sherpas do, but who is going to accept the delivery before you arrive ? Our manager will be busy with other things on changeover day.
You can do a click and collect at some of them, but last time I tried to register, I could only do so with a French address, even with a French bank card registered to a Uk billing address it wouldn't work.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've used SuperU to deliver to St Martin de Belleville but I think that was the only (major) supermaket that would go there. Other areas will vary. As I said you'd need to check the appartement are happy to accept it - some obviously won't but others are happy to. I think we had ours arrive the Friday before we got there.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
With the dairy/meat restrictions into EU, we'll take some oat or soya milk just in case. Bought Waitrose Oat milk to try and found it to be pretty viscous and thicker than full fat milk and rather sweet. Adding water got it back to being reasonable.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
colinstone wrote:
With the dairy/meat restrictions into EU, we'll take some oat or soya milk just in case. Bought Waitrose Oat milk to try and found it to be pretty viscous and thicker than full fat milk and rather sweet. Adding water got it back to being reasonable.

Aldi actileaf is nice and only 75p per carton. The other Aldi one is quite thin and more watery. There are also unsweetened varieties out there - I tried quite a few before I found the one ones I really like. Though as I say I try to make my own when time allows.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy