Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Seeking Recommendations for Val Thorens Ski lessons Easter 2024

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Snowheads.
We are planning a family trip to Val Thorens 29 March - 10 April and would need ski school for our two children 7 and 11. Plus our friends kids age 9 & 11.
I'm aware that there are a number of schools operating out of the resort: Ski Cool, Girlschool, Oxygene, ESF…

are there any I have missed?

Do you have any recommendations, tips or reviews?

Many thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And quick follow up question…
Wondering whether to get the 3 girls private lessons together or if group lessons are the way to go. Any reflections from other parents?!

In any case I prefer 3-4 hour morning lessons with no more than 6 in the group if possible…..
(or is 8 the norm? My internet research says all the schools I’ve listed above say “8” max….)

do you know any ski schools that offer this?
Many thanks
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Our 2 daughters had private lessons with Chloe from Girlschool for a number of years-she was great so we just kept going back to VT because they loved the lessons with her and so ended up loving skiing. They were aged 7/8 when they started and we booked her for about 5 years I think through to when they were around 12/13.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@SirCharles, we've used both Ski Cool and Oxygene in Val Thorens and both were excellent. Both will have smaller class sizes than ESF, with about 8 in the class.

Take a note of start/end times, and also where pick up/drop off is for the lessons. You might find that one will work better for you in terms of your accommodation (Ski Cool might be easier if you're in the lower part of the town, Oxygene if you're in the higher part).

It's Easter hols so you might find less private lessons than normal (as they'll use more instructors to cover group lessons), so if you do go down that route then it'll be best to get that sorted sooner rather than later.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I echo @Handy Turnip points on location for ski schools. I used EFS as I stayed, and returning to, The Village Montana, which is directly opposite the morning drop off location. Just made the mornings that little bit easier when getting 4 kids ready for skiing.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Further down the valley we have always been been happy with New Gen and they operate in VT too. Kids have done pretty much all the groups now and always had a good time. Think it’s 8 though as you suggest
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@SirCharles,
Perhaps ask here https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=164759
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm confused about number of kids. Private lesson for the 4 of them might work well, but you'd need to know the kids, and their combinations. But whatever you decide, book it soon - ski schools won't have as many instructors on the books, come Easter.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Prosneige, we used them last Easter, very good.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We were very impressed with Evolution 2 for our children, their favourite ski instructor out of the many times they’ve done ski school was there.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks everyone. I’d better get onto it!!

We are staying at Les Lauzieres which is near Village Montana and the apartment owner recommends Ski Cool
And ESF. But not sure if that is because his Son in law and daughter and instructors there!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We stayed in village Montana, it was a little bit of an annoyance going on the flat but to get the magic carpet to the meeting point at the bottom of the Pioneers lift, but worth it for the excellent time my children had… not sure if he’s still there but they had Antoine and still talk about him fondly a few years and a few ski trips on!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy