Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

KLM/Air France Refund Conditions - HELP!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, so can someone who has experience of this please help me? Bit of a long story, so bear with me.

As a back up I am looking at booking some KLM / Air France flights in April. Header on their website says "Book with peace of mind: our tickets are changeable and refundable, no matter the fare you choose. Check full conditions." So, I chose a flight and within the Fare type selected Standard which also stated "Refundable for flights scheduled on or before 30 June 2022**" Then the caveat states that ** Refundable in form of a voucher if you cancel before the 1st flight in your trip. Vouchers are refundable and valid for 1 year from date of issue" In the FAQs it then says the vouchers are fully refundable and you can request a refund via the website. Then when I go to pay for the tickets it says "This fare is changeable but non-refundable and must be used in sequential order for the specified journey and in the specified dates" and further down says Refunds are not allowed. However if you click on the "full conditions" in the Header I mentioned at the top is says:

* 100% changeable or refundable tickets
"For all tickets excluding group rates and allotments Changes
Refunds are available on tickets purchased before February 1, 2022, up to the departure of your first flight, for all travel on or before June 30, 2022. If the fare conditions of your ticket do not allow for a refund, you will receive a voucher with a one-year validity. You can request to be refunded at any time during the 1 year following its issue date."

I just can't work out if the tickets are refundable or not and if there is a refund is it only in the form of a voucher? I did a web chat with KLM and got this utterly confusing response:
"If your ticket is issued on or before 31 January 2022 and the outbound travel date is on or before 30 June 2022, you can opt for a cash refund even if there is no flight cancellation in your booking. Whether a refund is allowed depends on your ticket conditions. You are able to see the conditions in the booking process. According to the ticket fare that you selected, it states that it is non-refundable in case of cancellation. Should you wish to request a cash refund and there's no cancelled flight in the booking, the refund will be based on your ticket conditions. Also, if there's no cancellation in the booking, you can request a refundable voucher. The voucher amount will be the same as the unused ticket amount in your reservation."

Very happy to be told I am just being thick and missing something, but would really like to get a definitive answer before I commit to buying anything and KLM just don't seem to be able to give this to me.

TIA.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You might get more views/replies in Piste or Apres sections than here.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I see a new thread has been set up in On Piste now - this one should be deleted.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I know, but I can't work out how to delete this?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Contact a moderator, they definitely can.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ster, thanks.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think @Jonpim, is one and is on line now.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi @Jonpim can you delete this thread? TIA.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy