Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is Austria worth the extra money?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@johnE, never thought of skiing as being a lefty pursuit
Quote:
"It was built for a single purpose that is to provide skiing to the people"
but then it is France Very Happy . Perhaps it is getting old but the deeply bourgeois architecture of southern Bavaria & Austria appeals more than the more egalitarian French style, whatever my personal political views.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
turms2 wrote:
A Comparison between Trois Valley and Ski Amade i think it is not possible....maybe Wagrain - Flachau - Zauchensee- St.Johann with e.g. a part from Trois Valley but not complete Ski Amade with Trois Valley

definitely ski amade is cheaper than Trois Valley ..especially if you stay 15 km away from the lifts...

Why, because the Ski Amade area is not all linked?
Someone driving over from the UK might prefer more km in more resorts.
The Snow Space Salzburg area (you mentioned above) is 210km i.e.around a third the size of the Trois Valley area. That might be large enough for some skiers.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DB wrote:
turms2 wrote:
A Comparison between Trois Valley and Ski Amade i think it is not possible....maybe Wagrain - Flachau - Zauchensee- St.Johann with e.g. a part from Trois Valley but not complete Ski Amade with Trois Valley

definitely ski amade is cheaper than Trois Valley ..especially if you stay 15 km away from the lifts...

Why, because the Ski Amade area is not all linked?
Someone driving over from the UK might prefer more km in more resorts.
The Snow Space Salzburg area (you mentioned above) is 210km i.e.around a third the size of the Trois Valley area. That might be large enough for some skiers.

not only because of the links. Because most of the accommodation is not the typically ski in ski out as France
That why i said that we can compare e.g. Snow Space with Tignes...i think the have almost the same size
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@johnE, I think your “ideal for families” is probably true and we found La Plagne ski in ski out with two children under 5 to be perfect. Now they are older and want to explore I can forgo the ski in ski out for culture in the valley. But most tourists want ease of access for 1 week each year with huge km to ski. France mega resorts are perfect for that. I think its each for their own. And horses for courses and all that.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Matrix, I keep reading that for ski-in ski-out, you need to go to France - yet one of the reasons that I decided to do my skiing in Austria was that I liked the convenience of much of the accommodation I found in Austria (in addition to all the other attractions). There is ski-in ski-out accommodation in both countries, as well as large, interconnected areas - seek and you shall find!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@tatmanstours, true but not in many of the tour broshures! France dominates and it is more common in France.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy