Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anybody booked for next season yet?

Poster: A snowHead
What time do the snow train tickets go on sale (I know theres a thread on this somewhere but I can't remember what it says), and do the prices change much from year to year?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
luckysmartie, I have e-mailed Eurostar and they replied "early July". I will e-mail them again in mid-June to see if there is a more definite date then.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers Nick L!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Booked for Arabba next February!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nick L wrote:
luckysmartie, I have e-mailed Eurostar and they replied "early July". I will e-mail them again in mid-June to see if there is a more definite date then.

This link seems to show that Eurostar snowtrain services went on sale on 5th July last year.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Iam off to Pralognan en Vanoise for the new year to get in some pratice for next years awesome season on Cairngorm !
PS has anyone ever been to Pralognan!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tomf wrote:
Iam off to Pralognan en Vanoise for the new year to get in some pratice for next years awesome season on Cairngorm !

I've not skied there, but have spent a couple of days there in the autumn. Pretty village at the end of a long drive up the Bozel valley. If you get bored there it's not too far to Courchevel for a change of scene.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tomf wrote:

Yes - stayed at the PTT lodge on a twinning holiday between BT and France Telecom people.

You can get a bus to access La Plagne. Skiing in Pralognan is not extensive, but it is a lovely little town.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ian Hopkinson wrote:
Booked for Arabba next February!

So have we!! 17th to 24th February - Hotel Evaldo.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the replies regards Pralognan ,we are in a mixed party including beginners and we also fancy some x-country based around a more authentic village with access to both la plagne and courchevel as we will have our own transport ,the resort seems to to be very proud of what it has to offer with a long list of top class sportsmen icluding Sebastien Amiez so hopefully the skiing wont be too easy -i will keep you informed.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Banff in March again and will be looking for a last minute for Austria in Jan. Snow conditions will determine when
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Booked for Fernie in Jan with a bunch of single plankers Very Happy

Planning somewhere in Europe later depending on snow nearer the time
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
After having said I wouldn't book a trip until I had the pot off my leg for the currently broken ankle, I got the Ski Esprit brochure thru a few days ago and realised that with just Hannah (5yr old daughter) and me going this year (wife doesn't ski) that the opportunities for good discounts on 1 parent and 1 child were limited I decided to test the water, found only limited availability, so I've booked to goto Tignes 14th Jan at their Chalet Hotel Terril Blanc - Hannah goes for free (if you don;t count all the lessons and child care etc), so I reckon I've got a good deal all told. It will be three seasons ago since the last time I went to Tignes so looking forward to going back, hopefully they'll have built a new Palafour lift by then! Counting the months already.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sestriere for xmas.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just booked for Saas Fee in September!!!! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
Booked Les Gets in Feb 07
snow report
Trying to get the PSB, and La Clusaz for Christmas again... but no idea what my college dates are.
Getting VERY twitchy already...
snow conditions
crazy_skier_jules, college might be a bit different, but Richard and Adams' 6th form holidays are Half-term - Sat October 22nd-Mon Oct 30th. Christmas they finish on Dec 22nd, return to school on Tues Jan 9th. We will be having a rish down to Serre Che once school finishes, so we can be in time to put up a tree, and get some food in.
latest report
Helen Beaumont, sounds cool, I want to be in La Clusaz for the 16th - 17th (sat n sun) for the x-country world championships, me and my mum have a champion to support... if i go with that weekend first and end up staying over Christmas, (gah, xmas day is monday) that would be good, i loved christmas in resort! however I think I may just have to miss xmas day in resort... we shall see!!
thanks for the dates Very Happy
snow report
We have just booked same places for Xmas and Feb half term as last year. Boring or what?

snowHead

(Saalbach and Mottaret - if anyone is looking for a meet-up...)
latest report
Booked for the Warren Smith Ski Academiy in Saas Fee in September - does that count as 'next' season or 'this' season???
snow report
I have booked some flights to Girona half term week feb 2007 (18.99 each way!) Off to go skiing in Andorra...Soldeu I think...only prob is, I cant seem to book any hotel accommodation as its too early..tried to call a few hotels direct but they all sell to agencies. Was thinking about getting an apartment but with two kids in tow hotels tend to make things easier. Does anyone know at what point do the lastminute.coms and the alpharooms type booking agencies let you start booking for next year? Or does anyone know of anywhere nice that I could try? My kids are 9 and 11.
ski holidays
Hi badgerdot and welcome to snowheads for 20 posts ago! snowHead

It might be worth starting a new topic on that one as you'll probably get a few more replies to a specific request. I've only ever done packages to France and Italy to date, so not much help.
snow report
We've booked for La Rossiere 14-21 Jan 2007 - can't wait! Very Happy
snow conditions
Booked for Arraba over Christmas - sort of. Apartment owner has agreed we've got the accomodation, but we've not paid anything yet. We've booked the flights. Rest has still to be aranged.
ski holidays
Now booked for Soll (as well as Andorra Shocked ). Talked into it by friends. Normally a France kind of gal so this year will be very strange. Spanish in Andorra so should get by. German in Soll and I don't speak a word Sad . Must get a phrase book. Should be at the PSB for my French fix though snowHead
ski holidays
I'm back off to Banff in January for 10 days! snowHead

maggi, you'll enjoy Austria and because your going to Soll, I'm 100% sure. Soll was where it all began for me! Cool
snow report
Quote:

Soll was where it all began for me!

RichardB, I take it we're talking skiing here? wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RichardB, Spooky, I think Soll was where I was at 6 months old ! We don't just share a taste in North Face windstoppers snowHead
latest report
I've just booked 4 flights from Stansted to Friedrichshafen with Ryanair for £600 which includes 4 x 20kg baggage and one ski bag (which will have 2 pairs of skis and poles in it) for 23rd - 30th December. Allegedly Friedrichshafen is a 2 hour transfer to Ischgl, where I'm booking a hotel separately. It should be a happy Christmas!
snow report
Update to my previous post, what we have planned for this coming year:

Zermatt, 7 days 23rd-30th December (already booked)
Two Centre Holiday, Saalbach, 6 days 26th Jan-1st Feb, Zell Am See, 3 days 1st-4th Feb (just booked yesterday)
Either La Plagne or St Anton, 7 days 11th March (won't know till we find out where our pal is working)
and, of course, the Eosb Wink
snow conditions
Just booked Saalbach 10-17 February! Yet to book the week before Christmas.
snow report
noggy, can we tempt you to La Rosiere?
latest report
Obviously I haven't booked anything myself, but I do have a number of booking in the bag for 2006-2007. Easter week is already sorted (not full, but classes decided)! The French can never believe how early the Brits book. Shocked
latest report
Booked flights to Friedrichshafen for weekend just before Christmas and Salzberg late Jan.
ski holidays
jan 20th/flaine. should be fun
graeme
snow conditions
La Rosiere 14th January - Booked Very Happy

Would either like to do a trip to Austria (Saalbach) or N. America in March

If I have any leave I will be going to the Eosb thingey
snow conditions
johnboy wrote:
If I have any leave I will be going to the EoSB thingey
Prioritise young man Very Happy

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 5-07-06 12:51; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Beginning of November - PSB

Christmas - TBC, time off booked but resort will be last minute due to snow/cost

Beginning March - Valmeinier

End of April - EOSB

And any other w/e I can get away with around work/wife Little Angel
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman,

Should I take a sickie?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy