Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anybody booked for next season yet?

Poster: A snowHead
Morzine late 1st week of April. Please someone tell me that the snow will still be OK...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Flights booked for PSB snowHead and also the weekend before Christmas flying to Geneva and will ski wherever the best snow is!

Would like a trip to France over NY and then at least a couple of weekends spread over the rest of the season....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On the booking trail as we speak. Agree totally with kosciosco, I'm after a great self catering chalet for 18...or is it 20?.......or is it 12. Really hard to get them to understand that there aren't a lot of them about well not that meet their exacting critera anyway- I know in my water that come D day there'll be 18 raring to go. I'd just book it if it wasn't such a hugely expensive mistake if I'm wrong.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Annie, We had 40 "oo yes we are definate's" so I put a big chalet on hold. Asked for deposits and the excuses started coming out. I took thhe chalet off hold and then 10 days later folks start ringing up to confirm. I tried to book but someone else had come in with deposits. Instead we have booked for the core of those confirmed staright away (1Cool in a different resort (La Rosiere full for the week we wanted) and told all the others to find their own holiday.

On reflection I we could easily have filled the place but i wasn't prepared to risk getting stuck with 10 or so deposits.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Annie, You aren't wrong, when I sent out the initial "who's interested" email I had a flood of people and now everyone is "haven't even got my summer holiday sorted yet"

So I, likeFrosty the Snowman, will be sticking with the hardcore and booking a smaller chalet in the area we want, at the time we want and if the rest decide to come later they will just have to sort themselves out!

Some people eh!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kosciosco, Easter is very early in 2008. I shall be asking for deposits Easter 2007.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think the trick is to go on the same week every year. (We go the 1st week that ends in February ie it starts in Jan - if you know what I mean.) The organisers collect the confirmations and deposits on the same week each year too (end of March). Therefore, we've all booked it off work and budgeted for it already. Thus, the organisers can get a chalet put on hold, let us all know where, and we can cough up in time or decline. It usually works pretty well although nothing, involving people, is ever straighforward rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
maggi, Its a good plan, which is helped by it being a quiet week. I know of some accomodation that is reserved for Easter 2008 already Shocked
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Booked for Obertauern again for next Feb got fair deal from TO for booking early and it’s a place that late deals are a bit thin on the ground
Planning for a trip in early January too but I will leave that till I know where there is likely to be decent snow
Knowing a trips planned helps you get out of bed on a Monday to ern the dosh to pay for it
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Feeling more stable now. Just booked flights for February half-term. BA don't seem to realise Lyons is a ski airport! Less than half the price of Geneva!

Hope there is better snow in the 3V than we had this year....
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
booked bulgaria ,my last nostalgic trip for feb ,gonna do two more ,maybe december and late march or new zealand and oz ,chile if i win the lottery Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Both trips sorted (feb & March)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
I know of some accomodation that is reserved for Easter 2008 already

How do these people know when the school holidays are?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
maggi, Easter is very Early in 2008 (about 23rd March) Shools will be off either the week before and the week after, or both weeks after. If in doubt book the week following Easter Sunday and schools will be off.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman, Thank goodness my kids are past all that but I just wondered. I work in a college (open all year round so I'm not as tied as the term time only lot) and we don't have our hols planned that far in advance. To be honest, I would find it quite hard to get excited about the ski hol after the next, and the next, and the next and the next Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

I would find it quite hard to get excited about the ski hol after the next, and the next, and the next and the next

Its not that difficult, honest Very Happy
latest report
Booked a season in Whistler! Can't wait Very Happy
snow conditions
TallTone, also going to la Rosiere at half-term. Where have you booked?
What are the dates for the EOSB and where?
ski holidays
Nick L, Chalet les Landelieres, at the foot of the Eucherts lift (10-17 Feb). How about you?

EoSB dates for next year have not yet been decided (as far as I know) but it will be in Val Thorens again.

Ben133, a season! Shocked
snow conditions
I'm not booking anything until I get this pot off my leg (see this thread http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=15499). I'm desperate to book something for my and daughter but don't want to take this risk until I know everything is OK. Pot will be off mid June so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
ski holidays
TallTone, yup gap year between 6th form an uni Smile
latest report
The yoof of today eh TallTone, when I were a lad it wasn't seasons in Whistler but me own pickaxe for the coalface. Not jealous at all.
latest report
TallTone, I think we'' be at les Cimes Blanches

Ben133, my wife and I are planning our "gap year" too - to be held when I am 60 as I did not manage one when I was 18. Sad
snow conditions
I would be going to Les Arcs for under £400 if I could persaude my friends to come with me and school to let me have the time off Sad
snow report
luckysmartie, what year are you in?

Nick L, sounds like a good plan...unless you're actually 24...then it's a long way off lol.
snow report
Ben133, double that - so actually only half as much again (12years)
snow report
Ben133, Year 12, but we're technically only allowed to go on holiday during term time with our parents, not only with friends (two of my friends will be 18 by then). Though I might be able to wangle it with the head of sixth.
ski holidays
Nick L, A guy I was skiing with last year was on a "gap year", and he was mid 50s. Actually I think he said it was a "gap 3 years". As Cedric and snowball were skiing with him on their extravaganza this year it may even have extended to a "gap 4 years". Rather fancy the idea of something similar to it myself.

Nothing booked yet, but sort of pencilled in weeks in La Grave/LDA/surroundings, Gressoney (or maybe St Anton), and the EOSB, with another week's touring squeezed in somewhere along the way. Oh and maybe Xmas in the States somewhere Very Happy .
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
luckysmartie, are you at a boarding school or something? Why does the school care who you go on holiday with?
snow report
Ben133, because I think the idea is to take as little time out as possible, but if you're going with your parents, you have to work around their working schedule. What they don't understand is that although I can afford to go skiing in January, I can't in half term. Bloody holiday companies.
snow conditions
maggi, we've been 2 times to andorra Soldeu. If you want any advice or ideas drop us a line snowHead
ski holidays
luckysmartie, I went away skiing both Feb half terms in sixth form with my mates- would of gone in term time, but other peoples parents didnt like it! I went to Pas de la casa- needed a week off in term time to recover when I got back as did 2 other girls!
snow report
Nadenoodlee, 'a week off to recover'??? My parents certainly wouldn't buy that one. wink

I looked at Andorra, but the TOs are still too expensive, and it's a bug to get to if you can't drive. And my friends don't seem as keen to go anymore. Looks like I'll be spending half term on the dry slope.
ski holidays
rob and sharon, Thanks! I'll wait until nearer the time though and hopefully you can get me more excited. It's the first time in my life that I haven't been mad keen to go to a different ski resort rolling eyes
ski holidays
luckysmartie, take your parents!
snow report
luckysmartie wrote:
Bloody holiday companies.

If you look around you can find places which don't charge an absolute fortune for half-term accommodation. Privately owned apartments, such as my own in Les Arcs, don't normally double their prices for half-term as most of the big tour operators seem to do. If you book your flights as early as possible and get a reasonably priced hotel/apartment it is possible to go skiing at half term without having to take out a small mortgage Smile
snow conditions
luckysmartie, I was absolutely smackered by time I got back to england- dont think i stayed awake even til my mum was driving out of the gatwick car park! bless her- she's used to worse now. Mine was a proper arsey school aswell- very worried about their academic rep etc, and they still didnt bat an eyelid!
snow report
GrahamN,

What week do you fancy for LDA/LG then..ballpark..!! I'm thinking early MArch...??
latest report
rob@rar.org.uk, yeah, I've been looking for accommodation and travel, seperatley, and I think if we go by snow train we can do it on a budget that suits everyone.
ski holidays
luckysmartie, just remember to book your travel arrangements as soon as the tickets become available. In my experience tickets never get cheaper for peak-time travel if you decide to wait for a bargain.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy