Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

National Snow Show NEC Birm 23 24 Oct 2021

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone had an email from them today saying "Your tickets are attached" ...with no attachment?
I have rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Seahoob, oh yes. As well at the placeholder text on the welcome page, I too had no tickets attached to the email that the tickets were supposed to be attached to Embarassed
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I got a separate email with my tickets afterwards.

Useless guide really - half the stuff isn’t even ready in the guide with a week to go!

https://nationalsnowshow.com/Show-guide
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
barracuda wrote:
I got a separate email with my tickets afterwards.
m

Same here. At least they are sending tickets again unprompted, I booked mine ages ago and although I filed them I’ll bet a lot of people wouldn’t be able to find the original email easily. Might save a few minutes queuing while people hunt for that old ticket email.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had the same problem earlier.

In case anybody else is looking, mine came under the name "SEE Tickets. Was looking for "NEC" rolling eyes

As I was looking, found a new email had arrived 30 minutes ago with a second copy. Hopefully everyone is getting that.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I received my Tickets when I originally booked back in May ; But, I have today received another E-Ticket mail ( with ticket attached.. ).

Also a 'Important information' one - warning about the need to have Covid status proof with you
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Timmycb5, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just received this,,

"..You were recently sent an email regarding THE THE NATIONAL SNOW SHOW stating that the tickets would be attached.
This was a mistake, your e-tickets will be attached to your confirmation email which is being resent today.
You can expect to receive this at some point today (18 October 2021). .."
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@albob, Hah! Just checked and had tickets delivered by email on 27 April. This fiasco dosn't bode well for the actual show, hope the journey is worth it.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Seahoob wrote:
@albob, Hah! Just checked and had tickets delivered by email on 27 April. This fiasco dosn't bode well for the actual show, hope the journey is worth it.

My tickets were delivered by email back on 23rd April when I ordered them. I printed them out at the time, but printing out the tickets from today's email attachment I note that although the Reference Number is the same, as is the bar code on the left hand side of the ticket, the QR code on today's ticket is different from the original one sent.... Puzzled Presumably both versions are valid?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Feel certain they’ll let you in no matter what you show them Eh oh!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks, "Crystal" was still working yesterday as a discount code for free tickets.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Is this worth going to? it's true what they say that nothing good comes for free. Is it just a marketing event really?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bobcat wrote:
Is this worth going to? it's true what they say that nothing good comes for free. Is it just a marketing event really?

Well pretty much. As for whether it's "worth" it - who knows? This is probably last chance of a reboot of a national level ski show in the UK. Either people enjoy it and it stands a chance of making it or they are disappointed. No pressure then.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
bobcat wrote:

Definitely

The organisers have opted to give so many tickets away to build the audience.

Then try to recoup the initial start up costs in successive shows.

If people don't show to this one, then we can kiss goodbye to UK shows IMHO.

My thoughts on the value of attending these type of events in person are well documented.

If you can't recoup the cost of petrol and parking either in actual monetary terms and/or in knowledge which will save you money down the line then it's not for you.
ski holidays
Don't forget to prebook your parking, knocks it down from £16 to £12.

Please attend and support this show, from one rec skiier to another.
snow report
Hopefully we can go (covid has hit the household) and there will be a few giveaways/freebies wink
latest report
Floorplan is now online: https://nationalsnowshow.com/interactive-floorplan

I see there are a few competitions to enter at different stalls - I'll be hunting for those Toofy Grin

@ster, hope the family feels better soon!

Edit: I do want to support this, and see it continue in future. I'm looking forward to chatting to a few different companies - and will definitely be showing support at the bar too wink
I appreciate the effort than has been put in to get what looks like a very interesting set of talks too - I'll be going to a few.
snow report
fixx wrote:
Floorplan is now online: https://nationalsnowshow.com/interactive-floorplan

I see there are a few competitions to enter at different stalls - I'll be hunting for those Toofy Grin

@ster, hope the family feels better soon!

Edit: I do want to support this, and see it continue in future. I'm looking forward to chatting to a few different companies - and will definitely be showing support at the bar too wink
I appreciate the effort than has been put in to get what looks like a very interesting set of talks too - I'll be going to a few.

Where have you seen this?
snow report
@Timmycb5, latest email, arrived this morning.

Text:
Quote:
Win £150 to spend at Decathlon

We are Decathlon! A family-owned company built on a love of sports; catering for over 70 sports instore and online. Ever-evolving and high performance design, the best quality at the lowest possible price, and expert advice is what makes us who we are. And we’re pretty proud of that. Creators of the brands Wed'ze and Dreamscape, come check out our ski and snowboarding range to get you ready to hit the slopes and play to win a Decathlon gift card worth £150!*

*Terms and conditions apply upon entry.

Win a winter trip with Crystal Ski Holidays

We’ve been taking people to the slopes for over 40 years, so we know a thing or two about planning the perfect ski holiday.

Come and chat to our expert staff on the stand to share your ski stories, ask questions and get top tips on everything from ski school to après.

Plus, have a go at our Mega Mountain Match to be in with a chance of winning a free ski trip to La Plagne.

This winter’s got your name on it.

A previous email mentioned £1000 draw at Ellis Brigham too.
snow report
Ah, don't remember seeing that. I'll check it out, thanks.
snow conditions
@fixx, cheers, only one with it so far so we might get there.

Is the floorplan working now? When the previous email link was clicked the page said it wasn’t loaded yet so I didn't even bother trying the latest link.
ski holidays
@ster, Yup definitely working now. Think it went live yesterday.
ski holidays
I think this exhibitor is worth the cost fo parking alone!

https://nationalsnowshow.com/exhibitor/republic-of-cats WTAF!
latest report
@Dave of the Marmottes, Laughing wtf are they doing at a sking/boarding show?
snow report
@Timmycb5, Presumably they were offered a cheap deal on a stand to fill space and thought "wth skiers spent money on nonsense so they are a primo demographic for us"
latest report
Is it just me or does this logo read as Bi-Sex Camp at first glance? Shocked Embarassed Laughing

https://nationalsnowshow.com/exhibitor/1443
snow conditions
@Timmycb5, its just you. wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dave of the Marmottes, brilliant!

There are interesting exhibitors - 2 different toffee vodka brands?! A mobile phone lens; west midlands police club... Laughing

Though I have also spotted two cheese stands on the list, I'm definitely heading over for some sampling of these: https://www.stevescheese.co.uk/new-products

Plus a wine shop and brewery (though a London brewery, not one of the many excellent Birmingham ones, disappointing).
snow report
I was going to go but have to be somewhere else this weekend ....so if anyone wants my ticket I will forward the email with the ticket on ..
ski holidays
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:

For Bat-crap crazy go visit London Nootropics and get yourself a prescription of "highest-quality adaptogens" to help channel your flowstate...
... with milk and 2 sugars.

https://nationalsnowshow.com/exhibitor/london-nootropics
snow report
MPI Brokers have a stand. Do they have underwriters yet? Maybe someone could ask them and report back.
latest report
Richard_Sideways wrote:

For Bat-crap crazy go visit London Nootropics and get yourself a prescription of "highest-quality adaptogens" to help channel your flowstate...

Quote:
… minimising side effects such as jitters, anxiety and a crash.…

Why? Madeye-Smiley

Bet the economy could do with some of that.
snow report
wtf is/are adaptogens?

adaptogenic coffee? Puzzled

Had to google it. I like the sound of adaptogenic mushrooms. Very Happy sound like a nice way to chill out.
ski holidays
@adithorp, Had seen their stand on the list. I'm sure there are a lot of people with the same question. If they've got any sense, they will have a sign up with the latest updates.
latest report
brianatab wrote:
wtf is/are adaptogens?

adaptogenic coffee? Puzzled

Had to google it. I like the sound of adaptogenic mushrooms. Very Happy sound like a nice way to chill out.

According to Wikipedia... "...The European Medicines Agency reported that "the principle of an adaptogenic action needs further clarification and studies" and therefore the term "adaptogen" cannot be used for marketing in the EU..."

So blame Brexit for this "batshit" Toofy Grin
latest report
Sounds as if Vegans got fed-up of being teased so came up with a new way of promoting plant based products NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh

https://www.humann.com/nutrition/adaptogens/

ski holidays
Richard_Sideways wrote:

- Would you like a sample sir?
- Feck right off with your woo science BS.

We may jest but it is all the stands of crap like this that devalue a show. Who is selling the rubber band bracelets with magical properties this year?
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways wrote:

I had to read the first sentence of their blurb about 5 times trying to understand what they feck they were on about. I then moved on and realised it was coffee BS
snow report
Cordyceps are one of those parasitic fungi which infect insects, take over their bodies and consume them from the inside out. If you've ever played 'The Last of Us' that was inspired by Cordyceps.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy