Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

National Snow Show NEC Birm 23 24 Oct 2021

Poster: A snowHead
I can recommend Surf Snowdonia and the link to skiing? Well it’s just below the Carneddau which has the most reliable ski slopes and snow holding in Wales Cool
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Although the free tickets were meant to end yesterday, 'TAG' is still be promoted as a code on social media, and is currently working...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowsport England were emailing that they still had a few left too.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Has/will anyone actually pay???
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
harrim51 wrote:
Has/will anyone actually pay???

Whoever that is will be rather annoyed.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
So much for free tickets ending - just got an email from Crystal offering more Laughing

Quote:
The National Snow Show comes to the NEC Birmingham on 23-24 October 2021 and we've got free tickets for you.

There'll be heaps going on – you can listen to inspiring speakers like Sir Ranulph Fiennes, grab a drink and dance to live music at the alpine après bar, and see pros in action at the rail jam dry slope, shred stage and mini skate ramp.

We'll be there too and we'll be giving away a ski holiday – so come and say hi, chat to our experts for advice on all things ski and be in with a chance of winning.

To bag yourself free tickets to the show, click the link below and use code CRYSTAL. Get in quick – we only have a limited number of free tickets up for grabs.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep - methinks that actual sales are minimal so the free flow has to be maintained. One wonders if there is a point in the planning algorithm when the organisers pull the plug. I would think that's now unlikely because of cash committed by now.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fixx wrote:
So much for free tickets ending - just got an email from Crystal offering more Laughing

Quote:
The National Snow Show comes to the NEC Birmingham on 23-24 October 2021 and we've got free tickets for you.

There'll be heaps going on – you can listen to inspiring speakers like Sir Ranulph Fiennes, grab a drink and dance to live music at the alpine après bar, and see pros in action at the rail jam dry slope, shred stage and mini skate ramp.

We'll be there too and we'll be giving away a ski holiday – so come and say hi, chat to our experts for advice on all things ski and be in with a chance of winning.

To bag yourself free tickets to the show, click the link below and use code CRYSTAL. Get in quick – we only have a limited number of free tickets up for grabs.

Hey i just went to https://www.thenec.co.uk/whats-on/the-national-snow-show/ and used CRYSTAL as a code and it worked!

Thanks Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Which day is likely to be visit day for most snowheads? I’m only going to be able to go on the Sunday at the moment due to work and I would be driving down from up North.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
RichardB wrote:
Which day is likely to be visit day for most snowheads? I’m only going to be able to go on the Sunday at the moment due to work and I would be driving down from up North.

I'll be there on the Sunday

I've been invited on to Iain's The Snow Podcast live panel

Swing by
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Despite the threats that free tickets were drying up at the beginning of the month seems like they still need punters:

REDBULLETIN
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Is REDBULLETIN above meant to be a link of some kind Puzzled It doesn't work...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not tried it but P.87 here

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/theredbulletin/emag
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mountainaddict wrote:
Is REDBULLETIN above meant to be a link of some kind Puzzled It doesn't work...

Its a promo code you input when buying tix on the snow show ticket sale website. Takes the price from £10 to nil. Just tried it and it works.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cheers ster. I'd already sorted freebie tickets but was just wondering about the REDBULLETIN link...

A bit obvious once it's pointed out! Laughing
snow conditions
We are going on Saturday, let us know if anybody snowHead fancies meeting up for a beer snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
If we go it will be Saturday as well. And likely in the morning so not sure about too many beers being sunk, maybe a coffee.
ski holidays
'The Ski Podcast Live' - 1145 Sunday...surely worth coming Sunday too @ster ?
ski holidays
@iainm, it would have been but we would be dropping into the show on the way up north to God’s county when on a half term trip. I was lucky to get the snow show included on our itinerary at all, so Saturday it is.

Catch you next time!
latest report
Rather annoyingly, we won't make it either as we've got a family gathering in Grimsby that weekend.
ski holidays
We will be there (me, ajones, KeiraJ and ElenaJ)
latest report
Agenda and full (?) list of exhibotors now online.
Speaker agenda: https://nationalsnowshow.com/agenda
Exhbitiors with stand numbers, but annoyingly no map yet that I can find: https://nationalsnowshow.com/exhibitors

I'm tempted to go both days - I'm in Brum, so it's easy enough. Need to coordinate with a few different friends, but up for saying hi to Snowheads too snowHead
snow report
Looks like the usual NEC rip-off parking charges will apply: £12 if prebooked or £16 pay on the day.

All attendees will need to produce a covid pass via the NHS app or other allowable method.
ski holidays
I have 9 free tickets that I can share if someone hasn't managed to grab free ones/codes no longer work. May have an extra 1 if I don't make it myself.

Is anyone driving up from London on Saturday morning and wouldn't mind giving me a lift?
snow conditions
fixx wrote:
Agenda and full (?) list of exhibotors now online.
Speaker agenda: https://nationalsnowshow.com/agenda
Exhbitiors with stand numbers, but annoyingly no map yet that I can find: https://nationalsnowshow.com/exhibitors

I'm tempted to go both days - I'm in Brum, so it's easy enough. Need to coordinate with a few different friends, but up for saying hi to Snowheads too snowHead

Not a bad list of exhibitors and good speakers.

I wonder where the snowHead stand will be? A mere bounce or two from the bar, perhaps. I just hope it’s not within sight of the “Ski Club (TM)”; they might try to hijack it Madeye-Smiley

With all the discount tickets flying around, should be a good turnout.
snow conditions
I've decided to ditch my long weekend to Paris at half term (too much of a fag and cost with testing, etc), which means I will used my tix for this and make an appearance.

It looks like the cost of a train from my village to the NEC (only takes 1 hour) is only a couple of quid more than the parking, and I can have a couple of beers too. Limited to Saturday though, so that is when I'll go.
ski holidays
spyderjon wrote:
Looks like the usual NEC rip-off parking charges will apply: £12 if prebooked or £16 pay on the day.

All attendees will need to produce a covid pass via the NHS app or other allowable method.

Oh I missed that! We were planning on going with our girls, do children need them as well? As I have been trying and failing to get youngest jabbed amd eldest has obviously only had the one jab
snow report
Ah found it girls are OK. Though don’t know if Hubby has done his

Quote:

Children under 18 do not have to demonstrate their COVID-19 status for entry to domestic events or venues in England. Children aged 16 or over can get an NHS COVID Pass for travel but should follow the entry requirements of the country they are travelling to.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
NickyJ wrote:
spyderjon wrote:

Oh I missed that! We were planning on going with our girls, do children need them as well? As I have been trying and failing to get youngest jabbed amd eldest has obviously only had the one jab

Nope, just the adults need a covid pass. Under 18s do not have to show anything
snow conditions
@spyderjon,
Quote:

I just looked this up on the NEC website, as i am going with my two teenage daughters 17 and 14 y/o, oldest is about to get her 2nd jab next week, youngest had covid about 4 weeks ago. i was worried as they do not live with me and not sure what proof they have available.

obviously by the time of our feb half trip, will make sure all required proof is available by then.
fortunately the website says under 18's do not require proof of covid status.

below taken direct from NEC website
"Children under 18 do not have to demonstrate their COVID-19 status for entry to domestic events or venues in England. Children aged 16 or over can get an NHS COVID Pass for travel but should follow the entry requirements of the country they are travelling to".

i am double jabbed and have the NHs app, so no issues with proof for me
latest report
@ster, beat me to it Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
and @NickyJ, as i was typing ang googling!!!!
snow conditions
spyderjon wrote:

This is very true and not highlighted on the show's website very well. You have to go to the bottom of their FAQs https://nationalsnowshow.com/plan-your-visit-and-faqs to find it and who does that? I can imagine the scene, a whole bunch of skiers, and especially boarders, standing outside trying to simultaneously download the NHS app and get their covid cert. You need to go here: https://www.thenec.co.uk/visitors/plan-your-visit/

I'm still thinking about whether to go or not - it strikes me that they have given out a huge number of free tix yet the exhibitor list looks a bit sparse when you boil it down to actual stands rather than brands. No 'fantasia', no aerial ramp, but Eddie The Eagle, over cooked and over priced bratwurst and no doubt plastic beer glasses. OK, I think I've made my mind up. 'bye.
snow conditions
terrygasson wrote:
@ster, beat me to it Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Think NickiJ answered her own question before either of us got there! Very Happy
ski holidays
I'll be going on the Saturday, travelling by train from Derby. It saves driving and the exorbitant parking fee, plus allows me to have a beer or two (I wonder whether the bar does bombardinos, or should that be bombardini? Smile )
latest report
Just received a link to the official e-guide. First page “Welcome” complete with Lorem ipsum where the copy should be. Oops!

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 18-10-21 11:47; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
snow conditions
Laughing
latest report
Timmycb5 wrote:

Sponsored by a “Ski Club (TM)”, perhaps? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
@AL9000, Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy