Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

National Snow Show NEC Birm 23 24 Oct 2021

Poster: A snowHead
Free weekend tickets currently available, with code '6MONTHSTOGO' at https://nationalsnowshow.seetickets.com/tour/the-national-snow-show

Some info:
https://nationalsnowshow.com/
https://www.facebook.com/nationalsnowshow

Quote:
** 6 MONTHS TO GO! ***
After an incredibly difficult year for snow lovers and snowsport brands we are delighted to be just 6 months away from seeing everyone face -to-face and helping get everyone ready for the most anticipated snow season ever!
To celebrate hitting this milestone we have released 600 FREE TICKETS! Head to our website https://nationalsnowshow.seetickets.com/tour/the-national-snow-show and enter the code 6MONTHSTOGO to register your free ticket. PLUS!!! as a National Snow Show ticket holder you are entitled to receive a 15% discount on Salomon Goods with a unique code received with your ticket confirmation.
If you have already registered for a ticket this discount will be winging it's way to you soon!
Don't hang about - these free tickets won't last long...
* Terms & Conditions: Voucher code valid until 31 December 2021. This offer excludes S/LAB, Advanced and Intersection collections and/or products already discounted. Only one code per purchase is valid and is for single use only. Codes are valid for the ticket holder only and must not be shared.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 24-10-21 19:09; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the heads up. Booked, not sure yet which day I will attend.

Maybe a few of us could arrange a meet up on one of the days?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@fixx, cheers. Got some. Not optimistic though are they, as still collecting info for Track & Trace for an Event in October or would that be an excuse to get more emails to market to?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@fixx, thanks for the link, have registered for me and my daughters, i will combine a weekend away in brum with them, cadbury factory (youngest is a chocaholic and loved it a few years ago!!!) tour etc.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'll be there
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorted. Ta for the link Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Got myself a couple of tickets. Worth a punt for free, no idea when we will go yet.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tickets grabbed, thanks for the tip off @fixx,
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Grabbed a couple. Chance are I don't use them but who knows.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Too slow off the mark, all tickets on that code now allocated rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Mike Pow, who with?Japan again?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@PeakyB, it was still working for me just now - give it another try!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If that fails these people also were offering free tickets

https://www.blueskyskiholidays.co.uk/?fbclid=IwAR02PTbwhdYMQs_9L_ZkOeQUBbntvCyXWPmklStCizMr0g_OmVG90IPOB3M
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ster wrote:
@Mike Pow, who with?Japan again?

No, interested customer
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@fixx, thank you, that’s worked for me this time. Smile
latest report
If those tickets happen to run out we have a code 'SnowSkiPodcast' which should do the same trick. I should be there doing a 'live' podcast, possibly with others from this parish on the panel... Watch this space!
snow conditions
Another code for free tickets: GRANDVALIRA-ATS
ski holidays
Email received from organisers

"..We are delighted to announce that Decathlon and Crystal Ski Holidays will be joining us at The National Snow Show! Bringing a wealth of expertise and high quality snow apparel, these pivotal snowsport brands will join other high profile exhibitors such as Salomon, K2, Ecoski, Line Skis, Dalbello, Volkl, Ride Snowboards, Full Tilt Boots, Oneskee and many more!..."

Nice to see Decathlon and Crystal supporting
snow report
Just received a 15% discount for Salomon for the show. Best dust off my credit card incase anything takes my fancy.
snow report
More free tickets, if anyone needs them: 2 with code 'FATHER'. I'd be disappointed if anyone actually paid for any Laughing

Also an update on brands/speakers in the latest email:
Quote:
Top class brands Ski Exchange, Hike and Ride, Picture Organic Clothing, Brethren Apparel, CARV Snow, Mycoal, Snow Magazine, In The Snow, NSSA, Fulfill Nutrition, Dynastar, Lange, Big Bobble Hats, Flanci have joined the line-up at The National Snow Show, at the NEC in Birmingham on 23-24 October 2021.
More than 7,000 snowsports lovers have already registered to hear from the All-Star line-up who will deliver a packed schedule of content over the two-day event including Sir Ranulph Fiennes, Katie Ormerod, Benjamin Alexander, Billy Morgan, Scott Penman, Jamie Barrow, Graham Bell, Jamie Nicholls, Warren Smith, Ed Drake, Chemmy Alcott and Aimee Fuller.
ski holidays
“Top class brands...... Big Bobble Hats, Flanci”

Who or what are they?
snow report
ster wrote:

Who or what are they?

Being prepared to stump up for a stand accords you the heady accolade. The line up of speakers looks decent enough but from the number of tickets being given away ( a fair number of which will be just in case or if I've nothing better to do so end in no shows) hard to see how they are getting any other money in to run it. I just don't see how consumer ski shows can be viable in the UK unless run small scale as an adjunct to a slope.
snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes, probably.

I cant really see myself in some of their activewear.

https://www.flanciactivewear.co.uk/
ski holidays
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
ster wrote:

Who or what are they?

Being prepared to stump up for a stand accords you the heady accolade. The line up of speakers looks decent enough but from the number of tickets being given away ( a fair number of which will be just in case or if I've nothing better to do so end in no shows) hard to see how they are getting any other money in to run it. I just don't see how consumer ski shows can be viable in the UK unless run small scale as an adjunct to a slope.

The model works with 3 revenue streams:
- Sponsorship (plenty of these lined up, although some likely to be contras)
- Exhibitor fees (still plenty of time to sell stands and most exhibitions can be scale up or down as required)
- Entrance fees

If you're in it for the long run, then it makes sense to get people through the door, get satisfied customers and good reputation from year 1, then improve yield from tickets in future years
snow conditions
@iainm, Yeah I think the levers are clear but it is very much a virtuous/decaying circle - without the exhibitors hard to get paying punters, without paying punters exhibitors reluctant to commit. If I was a potential exhibitor I'd either be negotiating a very hefty risk discount on my rent or really challenging attendance by discounting any free tix or just holding on to the last minute to get a firesale price if the show did go ahead.

I don't see anyone in the "show" industry having deep enough pockets to build back steadily over the time it would take to establish such shows as relevant again.
snow report
It's a fine balance for sure. But a good title sponsor can make or break shows like this. Speculate to accumulate and all that...
ski holidays
I think it also depends on the price point of the offering and the destination.

As a previous exhibitor in Brimingham and London offering a niche product, the opportunity to speak face to face to prospective customers was essential.

I offered 8 and 12-week Ski & Snowboard Instructor Programmes at Kicking Horse, BC, Canada and all but one of my sales came from the shows.

As a consumer, I chose to ski at Gudauri, Georgia based on my conversations with the representatives at the Ski Georgia booth.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sun 27-06-21 13:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
fixx wrote:
More free tickets, if anyone needs them: 2 with code 'FATHER'. I'd be disappointed if anyone actually paid for any Laughing

Also an update on brands/speakers in the latest email:
Quote:
Top class brands Ski Exchange, Hike and Ride, Picture Organic Clothing, Brethren Apparel, CARV Snow, Mycoal, Snow Magazine, In The Snow, NSSA, Fulfill Nutrition, Dynastar, Lange, Big Bobble Hats, Flanci have joined the line-up at The National Snow Show, at the NEC in Birmingham on 23-24 October 2021.
More than 7,000 snowsports lovers have already registered to hear from the All-Star line-up who will deliver a packed schedule of content over the two-day event including Sir Ranulph Fiennes, Katie Ormerod, Benjamin Alexander, Billy Morgan, Scott Penman, Jamie Barrow, Graham Bell, Jamie Nicholls, Warren Smith, Ed Drake, Chemmy Alcott and Aimee Fuller.

Worked for me, thanks.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I suppose it's unlikely that admin will be offered a free stand at the show for sHs, a pity as the last time sHs had a stand at one of the ski shows it was nice (and the spacehoppers were a brilliant idea! Madeye-Smiley )
snow conditions
@Alastair Pink, it e
Was the spacehoppers wot made it!
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
I suppose it's unlikely that @admin will be offered a free stand at the show for sHs, a pity as the last time sHs had a stand at one of the ski shows it was nice (and the spacehoppers were a brilliant idea! Madeye-Smiley )

Do you need a stand to have spacehoppers?
Asking for a friend...
ski holidays
Alastair Pink wrote:
(and the spacehoppers were a brilliant idea! Madeye-Smiley )
One of the Chief Smilie Maker's best ones, IMHO.
snow report
Snowsport England now getting in on the act

“Find out more and grab your ticket at below – use code SNOWSPORT

Link just seem to go to the normal Snowshow ticket page
latest report
I got an email from the snow show saying the free ticket codes will all end at the end of this month:

Quote:
Don't hang around - all free ticket codes will be switched off at the end of August so if your favourite brand or magazine has shared a code and you're dragging your feet, get in there quick before it's too late.

From 1 September all tickets will be available to purchase for £10pp for a weekend pass.
snow report
Another non ski related highlight at the show.

“ The Wave is the first inland-surfing destination of its kind. At its heart is an unbelievable surfing lake that with perfect, consistent waves, set in incredible green space, where people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities can experience the joy of surfing and its many physical and mental health benefits. But it’s not just about surfing.”
snow report
@ster, https://www.adventureparcsnowdonia.com/surf-snowdonia/surf-lessons-courses/
snow report
from a forum of skiers it always amazes me how negative people can be about a consumer show

the free stands that were given away in the past by the previous organizer worked for some not others, the new company has a different format, we have taken a stand but we are sharing it and the cost was pretty reasonable, in the past the ROI on shows for us has bee pretty good, getting to talk to people about what we do is important, as despite talking via the phone, e mails and the website people often don't quite understand the differences between fitted and sold ski boots being able to show them in person always works well

non ski related content, well yes that's just a feature of shows all over the world, charities and organizations look at potential footfall and have a budget to do multiple shows, the surfing one noted above is kind of related in that a lot of skiers go surfing in the summer

and if anyone hasn't got a ticket so far you can use the code "BOOTFITS" until the end of the month
snow report
@CEM, I'm looking forward to seeing your stand at the show - I still love my boots from you Smile

And I'm looking forward to the show! I really hope it's a success, as (selfishly wink ) I do like seeing things like this in Birm, and I'd like to see it continue. If nothing else, it'll be a fun change of scenery with a few friends, to dream about possible holidays again!
snow conditions
CEM wrote:
non ski related content, well yes that's just a feature of shows all over the world, charities and organizations look at potential footfall and have a budget to do multiple shows, the surfing one noted above is kind of related in that a lot of skiers go surfing in the summer

I don’t mind some non-snow content and understand why there would be, but as long as it is a small minority of stands. Its a snow show after all and that is why I’m going.
latest report
I can recommend Surf Snowdonia and the link to skiing? Well it’s just below the Carneddau which has the most reliable ski slopes and snow holding in Wales Cool
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy