Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Men's Ski Jackets-Sale Bargains?

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone spotted any stunning bargains in the End of Non-Season sales please? Men's ski jacket, modest end of range for this one, say £100 max for now, unless something fantastic that would last half a lifetime but is over £100 is on your radar. snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are some great deals on sportpursuit.com at the moment, and there are some with a 20% further reduction until the 17th May, marmot , eider and helly hansen among them, even some of the elevenate stuff .
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When my current jacket dies I will be going for one of these
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/men-s-waterproof-mountain-walking-jacket-mh500/_/R-p-301681

£70 for 3 layer shell with 15000mm waterproofing.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Make sure you get one with a lift pass pocket on the left arm. I had a jacket once that didn't have it and it was a pain in the ass at every lift.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@GlasgowCyclops, agreed, you definitely don't want to keep your lift pass in your ass.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Riccardo wrote:
@GlasgowCyclops, agreed, you definitely don't want to keep your lift pass in your ass.

Turnstile twerking is best avoided snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all for your replies. Yes I definitely want left arm lift pass pocket and plenty other pockets too!

Tried signing up to Sports Pursuit. Despite attempting several different (clean) passwords in different formats, kept getting ‘unacceptable’ message. Eventually asked for help and got an IT Support ticket for tomorrow, which may be too late for that ‘extra 20% by 17 May’ offer. Hopefully it will be replaced by ‘extra 30% off by 20 May’ deal.

Checking out a few other sites. Seem to be quite a wide range and choice of sizes still. Many of the colour schemes and/or designs are questionable taste, which may help explain why there’s still plentiful stock.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think the plentiful stock might have more to do with closed resorts than design . But I agree, there are more sizes than usual available.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boarder2020 wrote:
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/men-s-waterproof-mountain-walking-jacket-mh500/_/R-p-301681

Bro in law has one for wandering around. Seems to work.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PeakyB wrote:
Thanks all for your replies. Yes I definitely want left arm lift pass pocket and plenty other pockets too!

Tried signing up to Sports Pursuit. Despite attempting several different (clean) passwords in different formats, kept getting ‘unacceptable’ message. Eventually asked for help and got an IT Support ticket for tomorrow, which may be too late for that ‘extra 20% by 17 May’ offer. Hopefully it will be replaced by ‘extra 30% off by 20 May’ deal.

Checking out a few other sites. Seem to be quite a wide range and choice of sizes still. Many of the colour schemes and/or designs are questionable taste, which may help explain why there’s still plentiful stock.

Have you tried using a different browser?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@anarchicsaltire, thanks, sorted now. Tried old trick of switching brain off. Counting to 10. Switching brain back on again.

Turned out I already had an account with Sports Pursuit. Opened in 2013 and not used since. Browsed their sales but nothing vaguely suitable below about £150.

Will look for a few days. If unsuccessful will probably wait until Ski Show at NEC in October. Had all my fave jackets from there over the decades, so see what’s going there maybe.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Roguevfr,
Quote:

I think the plentiful stock might have more to do with closed resorts than design . But I agree, there are more sizes than usual available.

Almost certainly true.

Unsurprisingly though, the designs that look as if they hatched after a few too many lunchtime bevvies are over-represented in remaining stock. Whereas the classic, timeless designs are around but more scarce, especially in sizes medium/large.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Intrigued to get an idea on what it is you're looking for ? Insulated , shell only single block colour etc .
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@PeakyB, personally I am wary of sportpursuit.

I bought a jacket that wets out all the time Hagloffs couloir.

I bought state of elevent merine (great but one was seconds)

Dale jumper that was clearly the wrong size because we have 4 from Dale in Norway.

Some other sites like Tiso, Nevis port, greaves (all UK) have good deals on.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
under a new name wrote:
boarder2020 wrote:

Bro in law has one for wandering around. Seems to work.

Yep, tried one on in the shop and have another friend that uses one. I guess I'm an outlier in that I don't need a lift pass wrist pocket and am quite happy just putting it in my chest and turning a bit! Prefer a jacket that I can use elsewhere, rather than just pull out a cupboard for ski season each year.
snow report
@PeakyB,

A bit more but a very good jacket. https://www.dainese.com/gb/en/wintersports/jackets/awa-tech-shell-204749471.html?dwvar_204749471_color=LILY-WHITE%2FSTRETCH-LIMO&cgid=winter-jackets

Postage free from Dainese Italy.
ski holidays
Anyone have a Black Crows Mens Corpus 2L Insulated Jacket*? Any informed views about that one? Any similar spec insulated jacket you think better?
* lot more expensive than my original £100 wish target Smile
snow report
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@PeakyB, personally I am wary of sportpursuit.

I bought a jacket that wets out all the time Hagloffs couloir.

I bought state of elevent merine (great but one was seconds)

Dale jumper that was clearly the wrong size because we have 4 from Dale in Norway.

Some other sites like Tiso, Nevis port, greaves (all UK) have good deals on.

I agree , I bought some Hagloffs GTX products that were 2nds . Cuff thumb holes were inverted , sent it back, replacement was the same

Recently discovered that the “Fjern” brand is owned by them; maybe others ? (Isobaaa?)
latest report
Yes I think Isobaa is one if theirs and maybe one of the cycling ones they often advertise.
ski holidays
ster, Agreed about Isobaa - often thought its one of their brands. Not bad stuff though for the price.

I know all the Arcteryx stuff they offer is sample merchandise( its always medium size Wink ) - and Arcteryx wont warranty it the same as full price gear.
Hagloffs might be the same ?

Sportpursuit has its place like other retailers, you just have to be aware thats all.
snow report
@Roguevfr,
Quote:

Intrigued to get an idea on what it is you're looking for ? Insulated , shell only single block colour etc .

Not for me, buying for someone else (I'm less fussy).
Insulated, but doesn't need to cope with extreme high altitude mountain cold/snow conditions. Not necessarily single block but a colour scheme unlikely to make the male wearer too self conscious if they walked down the local High Street wearing it. Possibly rules out 80s style lurid greens, fluorescent yellows, oranges, bright pinks, startling turqouises, and so on. Our local High Streets not usually awash with such bold statements during the colder months.
Warm, plenty zipped pockets, not short in the body essential. Hood handy.
Mid to dark blues, reds, that kind of solid colour likely to be acceptable.
ski holidays
I've bought loads of stuff from Sport Pursuit and never had a problem with any of it. If anyone is getting seconds it's because the manufacturer is accepting it back into stock. You can tell samples because they usually say so and because they tend to be Medium only. I bought my son a Marmot sample jacket and it's been perfect.

I bought my daughter a Columbia jacket from SP last week for £75. The same is on Amazon for £200 and Columbia's site for £300. Get it right and your £££s go a very long way.
latest report
Thanks all for advice. Given that its for occasional use I went for a cheap but I think good value option.

Dare2b Surge Out Waterproof Insulated Hooded in Large size for £65.

https://www.dare2b.com/the-jenson-button-edit-surge-out-black-label-waterproof-insulated-hooded-ski-jacket-petrol-blue/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy