Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Long weekend in Tignes??

Poster: A snowHead
Any snowHeads fancy a long weekend at Tignes, Sat June 19th/Sun 20th??! The glacier opens on the morning of the 19th for the summer.

I could be persuaded to pick people up at either Lyon or Geneva airport (but not both!) on Friday 18th in the evening, and drop them off Sunday night for the flight back. (Max of six people)...

This could be extended by a day to include Monday, if wished.....

Skiing (boarding) on the Tignes glacier starting very early Saturday and Sunday mornings (leave BSM 7 am, first lift up at 7.30 ish) ....

*Free!* self-catering accommodation in Bourg Saint Maurice, one studio apartment, one adjacent 3 bed flat....

20 km of piste, 750m vertical drop, superb snowpark for all you snowHead freestylers....

The cost? Your flights, my petrol and motorway tolls, your lift pass (30.50€, or 33€ with insurance, per day). £50 (in total, split between whoever comes) to cover cleaning costs for the apartments (£25 if only one or other used).

Would need the max 6 people concerned to arrive/depart at roughly the same time of course...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
no takers yet ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ooooh, I'll check my diary when I get to work tomorrow!

actually, no I won't, 'cos I;ve just been to easyjet and tit'd be £100 each for me and Mrs NBT, plus taxes and whatnot - that's a hell of an expensive weekend that we can;t afford at the moment Sad

Denied!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm surprised there are no budget flights available.... can't make the trip suggestion any easier/cheaper, I'm afraid! Free accommodation and taxi service/chauffeur airport/Bourg/Tignes and back at cost, can't do better than that!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I know, I know and it's a bummer

Manchester - Lyon wil be wortha look tomorrow but liverpool-geneva tend to stay at £75 plus Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just checked it out PG, hubby can't get weekend off I'm afraid. Maybe another time.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
e-bookers had some good flights from Newcastle via Amsterdam and Brussels to both LYon and Geneva, Maybe they have them from other airports too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pants - why do people have to have 30th birthday parties on such inconsiderate dates like the opening of glacier skiing!!!
Thanks for the offer PG - very hospitable - unfortunately can't make it...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That's a great offer PG, unfortunately we're already committed that particular weekend, otherwise I'd have been very interested. Poss another weekend at some point?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Unfortunately can't make that weekend. Am in Switzerland the following week, but not near Geneva.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh, if only PG, but Mr Q is trials riding in a 2 day competition in Devon that weekend.
I've always wanted to ski in the summer, but never had a chance. Thank you for your generous offer though.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sorry PG, would have loved to, but I think we're already booked that weekend too Crying or Very sad . Now, what was is it that we're doing.... Puzzled

Ah! That's it, we're in Blackpool at the International Flight Sim Exhibition Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PG, I doubt that I will be able to make that weekend, but you never know.Depends on the nipper.
I will be in Tignes for the week from the 10th-17th July if you want to meet up. If another weekend before then can be arranged I would be happy to bring people from Geneva airport. I can see the planes landing from my flat Smile

Of course, easyjet seem to have a policy of making ALL Friday flights and Sunday flights expensive even if you book in advanced. Whatever happened to the fundamental principles of budget airlines when booking early meant that you could get a cheap flight!!!!

rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sparish, Now there's an idea for the future! Unfortunately in July there's every chance I'll be down south trying to do up our place near the Mont Ventoux, which is being severely neglected at the moment... but you never know...

As you say, so much for cheap flights out of school holiday periods! I wonder if RyanAir is competitive on their St Etienne route - a bit far though. Shame they got rid of the Grenoble/Chambéry routes when they took over Buzz, they were perfect Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PG wrote:
sparish, Now there's an idea for the future! Unfortunately in July there's every chance I'll be down south trying to do up our place near the Mont Ventoux, which is being severely neglected at the moment... but you never know...

We should do snowheads European chapter thing ......
snow report
Flights about £90 return on Swiss from Gatwick to Geneva flying out Friday coming back Monday if that helps anyone. I wish I could.......... Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
I'll come over on the Sunday I think. CdA have a deal going with season pass holders in the Gd Massif getting summer/autumn season passed for 150euro for Tignes which is a steal. I've a course over there in Nov' I think so it's a bargain, which means since I'll have a season ticket for Tignes I may as well use it Very Happy
snow report
what a great and generous offer PG, unfortunately i will be running over Scottish mountains in the Lowe Alpine Mountain Marathon (if work doesn't kill me first)
ski holidays
Never mind... in fact there are some cheap Ryanair flights Stansted to Turin, but I think I'll have to draw the line at a 2hr30 trip each way!!
snow conditions
ise, there are some tempting deals about, but with a dozen acres of jungle to clear down south I really am going to have to do some serious work this summer!

As far as the weekend's concerned say the word, and if you need a room for the night Saturday, no prob.
latest report
PG wrote:
ise, there are some tempting deals about, but with a dozen acres of jungle to clear down south I really am going to have to do some serious work this summer!.

I'm hoping CdA start to do more for their season pass holders. Transferrable passes or discounts at other CdA stations would be good.
snow report
PG, I could be tempted to head over for a ski. It would be a good warm up for my Saas Fee trip...
latest report
Likewise, if you need a base in BSM Friday or Saturday night, say the word....
snow conditions
PG, Friday night in BSM for a ski on Saturday sounds good. I'm not sure about Sunday as I may have to fly back to the UK.
ski holidays
Ok, I'll keep an eye on the forecast for the weekend...
latest report
Not looking too bad at all for the weekend, 0 at 2900 Sat first thing, at 2100 Sunday.... but conflicting views on whether it might snow a little on Sunday.

So what's the plan Red Dave, ise? We're free both days, looking to make a trip up en famille. Spare room or studio available....
ski holidays
I was very tempted by this generous offer from PG (if new SnowHeads are welcome) but I've just checked Easyjet for Gatwick-Geneva prices and they quoted £330! Guess this is a case of lastminute flights costing rather more than early bookings. I'll keep looking for prices, but if Easyjet are anything like typical this one will have to be a non-starter for me.

Regards

Rob
snow report
PG, don't know, I've had been a bit tied up with work the last few days so I've not had time to think about this. I need to swing by our own flat on the way, the CdA offer requires I have my season pass which I've left at the flat. That adds a bit of time to the journey although the return journey should be quicker now the various passes are open.

I'll try and sort something out tonight.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PG, unfortunately I have to make a flying visit back to the UK on Sunday early pm so that day's defintely out. However I'd be keen to have a play around on Saturday. If your generous offer of a bed is on I could head over Friday night to get an early start Saturday.

I'll need to hire some skis in Tignes as mine have been stolen. Crying or Very sad
latest report
Hi Rob... I think the budget airlines get rid of their quota of really cheap seats pretty quickly - what's left over is a different story! Still it would be useful to know from someone 'in the business' how it really works, what the best way to work the system is.

A snowHead came up with a useful piece of info a while back - the website www.whichbudget.com/ - I've found it very useful.
snow report
Rob take a look at Swiss, who are often very reasonable, especially at shorter notice.
snow report
Tignes - Looking a touch 'unpredictable' this weekend - conflicting forecasts give full sun Saturday following by snow on Sunday (meteo.fr) while avalanche-net.com says precisely the opposite.

So the room's available Friday night Red Dave, just have to play it by ear.
ski holidays
Forecast now pretty fair for both days, getting cloudier on Sunday afternoon (Sunday considerably cooler)

RD, if you decide to come up this evening, we'll be looking at a very early start because there's not going to be much of a frost overnight (0°C ca. 3000m).....
snow report
PG, I've my stuff in the car so I could head over straight from work - an ealy start is fine by me.
snow report
What sort of time in BSM? I'll be out late afternoon until 7.30ish...

I'll PM you with directions....
ski holidays
Ise, if you do decide to come on Sat night for Sunday, bear in mind that the first funi is at 7.15am, with the glacier closing at 1 pm..... We'll be looking to leave BSM around 6.45 - 7ish Sunday.
snow report
PG wrote:
Ise, if you do decide to come on Sat night for Sunday, bear in mind that the first funi is at 7.15am, with the glacier closing at 1 pm..... We'll be looking to leave BSM around 6.45 - 7ish Sunday.

It's looking unlikely I'll make it, I don't want to pay for a pass so I'd have to go get mine which makes it too long a trip for the ludicrous schedule I have right now.

I've a couple of days owed to me though so I make try for a long weekend sometime soon, either Tignes or Austria.

If I feel energetic on Sunday I'll take a trip to Engelberg or Les Diab' Very Happy
snow conditions
PG, what a generous offer, and a tribute to the snowHeads community that's built up over the last six months Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy