Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

DPS Wailer A112RP 178 or 184 cm

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I may buy a new pair of ski to get away my frustration of the last winter in the Pyrennées (Covid:ressorts closed, not allowed to ski in Baqueira/Spain and not a lot of snow excepted at the begining of january).

I have a Black Crows Freebird 179 cm with Tecton binding for everyday uses and I want a powder touring/ressort ski. After look quite a while, I decide that it will be DPS Wailer A112RP, light, easy skis, expensive but sales are coming.

I am 172 cm tall and weight around 67-70 Kg. I am pretty good skier not an expert. I am hesitating between two lengths :178 or 184 cm.

Someone has some thought ?

Thanks

Ben
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BobinCH wrote:

Ditto . I’m 186 and I ski the 189. Just right .
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In the length of 189, a very good deal in UK (not for me): https://www.ellis-brigham.com/dps-wailer-a112-skis-2019-700747
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm 168cm/70kg, possibly a better skier, skiing the 178 Wailer F112 and find it the perfect length Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would also say 178, so a little over head height. I’m 182 tall but only 64kg, and ski the Wailers in 184, but I do ski my other DPS models up to 192cm Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You mean these beauties?

Perfect for a mid-April Tuesday in the Alps snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
To be pedantic the Spoons are ‘only’ 190 NehNeh, but good to see them being dusted off and in the powder Very Happy if only I’d had the chance......

My Lotus 138’s are 192cm, but like the Spoon’s with such a short running edge you really don’t notice. I see you have the same chips on the leading edges that I also have from high speed traversing chatter Cool
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm 6'5" and like to ski to around max. 185cm. Skiing short is pretty decent actually although as others have mentioned with the rocker the effective edge will be quite short. Go longer I think.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@boobleblooble, I agree at 178 cm, the effective length is quite short. It is one reason that I consider 184 cm. The other is that I look to end winter sales, it is difficult then to get exactly what I want with the money that I want to spend. If I am able to get a 184, I think mounting it at +1.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Benito64 wrote:
@boobleblooble, I agree at 178 cm, the effective length is quite short. It is one reason that I consider 184 cm. The other is that I look to end winter sales, it is difficult then to get exactly what I want with the money that I want to spend. If I am able to get a 184, I think mounting it at +1.

IMO 184 is too long for you and you will regret it as the Alchemist build is no noodle. Hold out for a 178 or get something else at the right length if you can’t find one.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PowderAdict wrote:
To be pedantic the Spoons are ‘only’ 190 NehNeh, but good to see them being dusted off and in the powder Very Happy if only I’d had the chance......

My Lotus 138’s are 192cm, but like the Spoon’s with such a short running edge you really don’t notice. I see you have the same chips on the leading edges that I also have from high speed traversing chatter Cool

If you ship me your Lotus 138’s I’ll get some nice footage with them and you can photoshop yourself on snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@BobinCH, Thanks for your advice, I will keep on 178 cm
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
New models are coming [url=https://www.evo.com/discover/ski/gear-preview][/url]:
Quote:
For 2022, they continue to optimize, introducing a new ‘Pagoda’ carbon construction that builds on the success of Alchemist. A carbon-wrapped ash, aspen, and paulownia core improves dampness in firmer conditions, while the weight-savings and instant reactivity makes powder riding a dream. Skis that feature this new construction include the 124 Lotus, 112 RP, 106 C2 and 100 RP.
"

The a112rp will be soon found with large sales off wink Just have to wait
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
OP - did you end up buying? If so, what length? I'm looking at the A112 RP now, after demoing last season at 189. Loved them - I'm 180cm/72kg. These skis ski short, so the 189 was fine - very quick turning on groomers and in the trees; and ludicrously fun in deep stuff.
snow report
I did not buy anything. I was hot on it but after all since I ski mainly in the Pyrenees where fresh snows do not keep long, I believe that another kind of ski will be better.

PrivateSportShop has very good deal on DPS now : [url=https://www.privatesportshop.fr/mega-multi-ski-snow/4507881-dps-wailer-a112-rp-alchemist-20-21-skis-freeride-homme.html][/url]
snow report
Benito64 wrote:
I did not buy anything. I was hot on it but after all since I ski mainly in the Pyrenees where fresh snows do not keep long, I believe that another kind of ski will be better.

PrivateSportShop has very good deal on DPS now : [url=https://www.privatesportshop.fr/mega-multi-ski-snow/4507881-dps-wailer-a112-rp-alchemist-20-21-skis-freeride-homme.html][/url]

Some good deals on that site. They’ve got my FX96’s at half price
https://www.privatesportshop.fr/kastle-fischer/4586423-pack-kastle-fx96-hp-18-19-skis-all-mountain-freeride.html
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy