Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jet2 Innsbruck

Poster: A snowHead
In case anybody hasn't seen the recent Jet2 route announcement, Manchester - Innsbruck year round. Stansted, Bristol, B'ham, Edinburgh winter only to Innsbruck. Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@davidthornton, Thanks but at £491 pp return incl skis/ 22kg bag MAN/ IBK Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice one. Nothing till next summer (can book from Dec 2021), but might save me a trip to Munich. At a min of about £300pp with a bag, it's going to be a toss-up between price and hassle Confused
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ya beauty. We need more Innsbruck flights from Scotland. Great company too Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nice to have an innsbruck option on a Saturday from BRS - while the flight is more, the trade off is 2 less nights accommodation, so a bit of swings & roundabouts. Currently use easyjet Fri-Sun
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@boabski, Jet2 have always been quite expensive when I've looked, and the only flight I've ever been on with them was massively delayed due to a passenger counting error.

You are right though, Austria flights are hard to come by in Scotland (except Vienna). Switzerland, Italy and France are much better supplied.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 13-04-21 15:30; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not sure I can justify paying an extra thousand pounds for flights for the family to save 2.5 hours driving from MUC. Car hire is also much more expensive at INN and very few 7 seater plus options. Good to have another competitor in the market though...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@davidthornton, Thanks for the heads up. £498 return for the two of us in January including skis and bags is ok. Good flight times too.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@denfinella, I was typically£280 return with Tui Edi to Inn. When I use jet2 to Salzburg now it's on average £150 -£200, and because there's 5 of us it's quite a saving. Next year we are planning a road trip right enough (restrictions depending)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@boabski, Go overnight Hull/ Rotterdam P&O, arrive Sankkkt Anton 6pm ready for a Stiegl. wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CORRECTION TO MY ORIGINAL POST-

Jet2 operating YEAR ROUND from Bristol and B'ham, as well as Manchester.
Edinburgh and Stansted Winter only.
Apologises.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Markymark29, have done that in the summer but recently when checking out the prices, it was like the cost of another holiday Shocked
Was looking at the Newcastle journey for January there and prices were good.
Presume you just do the drive on a oner?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@boabski, I use the Hull route quite often, so thought I would do a price comparison

P&O from Hull in November - £317
DFDS from Newcastle in November - £307

I used November because P&O have no prices up for January 22 yet

I guess which route to choose will be down to just where you start your UK journey..
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
albob wrote:
@boabski, I use the Hull route quite often, so thought I would do a price comparison

P&O from Hull in November - £317
DFDS from Newcastle in November - £307

I used November because P&O have no prices up for January 22 yet

I guess which route to choose will be down to just where you start your UK journey..

P&O usually docks an hour earlier so gives you more daylight if travelling in a single day in winter. I also find the restaurants on P&O better.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@boabski, mmm but, even if your £150-£200 is including baggage, that's about twice as much as Edinburgh to Geneva, and almost twice as much as Edinburgh to Munich...
snow report
I have never flown with jet2 as when I price it up its just not cost effective plus its not my local airport.

I know innsbruck opens up a lot of options in Austria but for saint anton, ischgl etc I find Zurich pretty handy. I have always managed to find avios seats with BA and from Aberdeen £35 return. Just jump on the train or the bus (arlberg express)
ski holidays
denfinella wrote:
@boabski, mmm but, even if your £150-£200 is including baggage, that's about twice as much as Edinburgh to Geneva, and almost twice as much as Edinburgh to Munich...

depending on where you go, some people are happy to pay more if they are going to St Anton for example, as they would save a chunk back in both the price & time difference in Transfers. Without looking myself, maybe the flight times are better suited as well?
snow report
@Mr.Egg, defo. Innsbruck for St Anton all day long even if flights are a bit more. I've even seen myself flying BA from Glasgow via Heathrow to Innsbruck. Typically it's £200 return doing that. Have used Zurich, friedrichshafen and Munich for St Anton and Innsbruck is the easiest. The others are fine but Innsbruck quickest.
snow report
Out of curiosity, I have just checked Crystal/TUI flight from Edin/Inn -- £335 (Jan 2022) : makes Jet2 look better !
latest report
@boabski, yep straight down it’s easy, couple of beers and dinner on the ferry, early to bed and drive day after straight there
latest report
Mr.Egg wrote:
denfinella wrote:

depending on where you go, some people are happy to pay more if they are going to St Anton for example, as they would save a chunk back in both the price & time difference in Transfers. Without looking myself, maybe the flight times are better suited as well?

True. Where we go tends to be dictated by flights rather than the other way round - hence it usually ends up being northern France or Italy. Geneva flight times are the best out of all the Alpine routes because there's a very early outbound flight and a very late one back.
latest report
boabski wrote:
@Mr.Egg, defo. Innsbruck for St Anton all day long even if flights are a bit more. I've even seen myself flying BA from Glasgow via Heathrow to Innsbruck. Typically it's £200 return doing that. Have used Zurich, friedrichshafen and Munich for St Anton and Innsbruck is the easiest. The others are fine but Innsbruck quickest.

My last trip to St Anton, the flight out of Innsbruck got canned as they were using everything to fly people back from Tunisia as the Arab spring kicked off.
That got us a night in the 5* Europa hotel, which was the high point of the week; as it had rained all week and we had been staying in a Crystal finest chalet hotel, which left the impression that you really did not want to try ordinary.
I have always hated Zurich, even more than Geneva (anyone else remember the miserable ignorant git in the departures coffee bar?)
ski holidays
Jet2 update in the press -
"Airline and tour operator Jet2.com has added extra flights to its ski programme in response to very strong demand from winters sports enthusiasts.

After a winter away from Europe’s ski resorts, Jet2.com is seeing high demand from skiers and snowboarders looking to hit the most popular slopes in the French, Swiss and Austrian Alps.

In response, the company has added extra flights to Grenoble, Geneva, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Chambery for the February 2022 half-term, as well as extending the ski seasons in some of these destinations - giving more choice and flexibility this coming winter.

Customers travelling from Birmingham, Manchester and London Stansted Airports will be able to enjoy additional flights during the February half-term, as well as extended ski seasons for Winter 21/22.

On top of this, snow sport fans in the South West will benefit from an earlier start to the ski season to Chambery from the company’s new base, Bristol Airport". Very Happy
snow report
Note - Extra flight to Innsbruck on Sundays.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy