Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which ski wax?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Kids complaining skis were very sticky in the super cold conditions today. Will be similar tomorrow morning and then warming up during the day. Which wax to use?

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
Kids complaining skis were very sticky in the super cold conditions today
Awww! Poor mites. How absolutely frightful. On top of the nightmare that we're all enduring Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Go with the racing one, it's red and that's always fastest, them's the rules Very Happy

Looks like it's got temp range to be reasonable, buff it out really thin to almost nothing.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I got some sort of ecowax recently that is meant to be better for the environment - I took one for the environment if that's the case, because it was quite hard (literally) to use, but seems to work pretty well. See I do care even if I haven't got an electric F-150 yet! wink

Make sure you have good ventilation for some high-performance waxes because they can make some nasty fumes

For super cold temperature, you'd want the lower temp range wax ideally, but since it's spring, it would seem unlikely to stay that way, in fact you might even consider the warmer wax than the ones you have (can't see the temp range on the middle one in the pic)

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 7-04-21 19:23; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
Kids complaining skis were very sticky in the super cold conditions today
Awww! Poor mites. How absolutely frightful. On top of the nightmare that we're all enduring Laughing

Did I mention they’re going heli-skiing tomorrow snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ski3 wrote:
Go with the racing one, it's red and that's always fastest, them's the rules Very Happy

Looks like it's got temp range to be reasonable, buff it out really thin to almost nothing.

Went for the blue one... Man City lording over Utd and Liverpool at the moment so thought red might be a bad omen
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I wouldn't use any of them but I guess the shops are shut now.

Swix uses snow temperature for their wax so the red is for fairly warm conditions.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would have gone with Zoom, great temperature range and every day is different, make sure its well brushed out. I also carry a Zardoz puck for any sticky situations Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If it's down much below minus 20 then snow gets squeaky.
Nothing "universal" is going to be much use at all.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Went for the blue one, brushed it well seemed to work ok
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
https://www.datawax.com/ski-snowboard/snow-waxes

I’ve bought a ton of wax and other stuff from this UK based company over the years. I’ve got so much of the stuff I tend to wax my skis every second day. Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This time of year I'd be on spring wax, and be waxing my skis every other day.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This time of year I'd be on spring wax, and be waxing my skis every other day.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I am still skiing a few different skis with Zoom and only noticing minor stickiness. It can be -10 in the morning and high teens in the afternoon.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy