Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Hawx 120 Ultra XTD boot liners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a pair of Atomic Hawx 120 Ultra XTD ski boots with stock liners.
My problem is that the hard edges of the plastic tounge cuts into the front of my foot where my shins meet my feet.
Colin at S4F tried cutting some of the plastic off the tounge to solve this. It did help but is far from perfect.
There is also pain involved removing my feet from the liners when the hard plastic digs in and pinches.

I was wondering it the Intuition Tour Wrap liners would solve both problems having no hard plastic tounge?

Does anyone have any helpful words of wisdom?

I was worried that the Intuitions would be too thick and crush my feet in what are snug boots?

Would any othe liners do the job without resticting ROM?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
FoofyNoo, Obviously talk to Colin again at S4F, but if worried about the Intuitions being too bulky have you considered Zipfits ?
Mine fit like gloves in snugish boots.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One more vote for Zipfits. There is a number of models, with differing amounts of goop in them, to cater for a range of foot/boot volume combinations.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Zipfits suck in a touring boot - too heavy with a big loss of ROM.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon wrote:

What do you think of the Intuitions Jon?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FoofyNoo wrote:
spyderjon wrote:

What do you think of the Intuitions Jon?

I've no personal experience of Intuitions (I'm the one person on the planet that's happy with the stock Dynafit liners in my Mercurys when all other owners think they're junk) but Intuition is the go-to brand for aftermarket touring liners. The difficulty is finding a good bootfitter/stockist (particularly in the UK) that has all of the touring models to try as they all have different fits, ie Pro Tour (in 3 volumes), Tour Mod & Tour Wrap etc.

I'd also recommend checking out the new Atomic 'Mimic' liner for the XTD which is now supplied in their latest boots (for the 20/21 season) which I understand is greatly improved over the original version. It should be easy to fondle a pair in the UK - Colin will have them in his stock boots - and the liners can be ordered seperately.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Intuition Tour Wrap all the way, no other liner comes close.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon wrote:

I've no personal experience of Intuitions (I'm the one person on the planet that's happy with the stock Dynafit liners in my Mercurys when all other owners think they're junk) but Intuition is the go-to brand for aftermarket touring liners. The difficulty is finding a good bootfitter/stockist (particularly in the UK) that has all of the touring models to try as they all have different fits, ie Pro Tour (in 3 volumes), Tour Mod & Tour Wrap etc.

I'd also recommend checking out the new Atomic 'Mimic' liner for the XTD which is now supplied in their latest boots (for the 20/21 season) which I understand is greatly improved over the original version. It should be easy to fondle a pair in the UK - Colin will have them in his stock boots - and the liners can be ordered seperately.

Thanks Jon
I have now looked at the new mimic liner and though it looks like a definite improvement, the basic construction of the plastic tounge is the same as my current liner, and that's what was causing the issue with the tops of my weird feet.

I think I am going to go with the Intuition Tour Wraps [ thanks @CH20] as they will remove this problem ...... that is, if I can find a pair??
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FoofyNoo wrote:
spyderjon wrote:

Thanks Jon
I have now looked at the new mimic liner and though it looks like a definite improvement, the basic construction of the plastic tounge is the same as my current liner, and that's what was causing the issue with the tops of my weird feet.

I think I am going to go with the Intuition Tour Wraps [ thanks @CH20] as they will remove this problem ...... that is, if I can find a pair??

In my experience it is pretty easy home molding intuition liners (youtube is your friend) so I wouldn't rule out buying some on the internet. Alternatively, if you have a friendly local ski shop then - even if they don't stock Intuition - they may well mold them for you for a small fee.

(Oh perhaps I should say that I've molded pro wraps rather than tour wraps)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jedster wrote:
FoofyNoo wrote:
spyderjon wrote:

Thanks Jon

In my experience it is pretty easy home molding intuition liners (youtube is your friend) so I wouldn't rule out buying some on the internet. Alternatively, if you have a friendly local ski shop then - even if they don't stock Intuition - they may well mold them for you for a small fee.

(Oh perhaps I should say that I've molded pro wraps rather than tour wraps)

Thanks Jedster

I have ordered a pair of Tour Wraps and, having looked at some videos, am going to give it a go myself if I can't find help.
It looks like a reasonable DIY challenge. Puzzled
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Palau or intuition make a variety of liner thicknesses, there is also (not available yet) a new touring liner from zipfit coming hopefully for next season... they acknowledge the current liners are too heave and have minimal range of motion, the new liner will be hinged properly and will be lighter than a traditional zipfit but not as light as a thermo wrap liner
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy