Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chillfactore bought by the people who own Hemel.

Poster: A snowHead
As a member of the CFe I received an introductory email from the new MD Ian Brown; in which he asked people to let him know directly if they felt there were areas where improvements could be made, so I replied and highlighted the two issues I mentioned earlier in this thread. Fair do's he responded quickly with a comprehensive reply. He said I was not the only person who had raised those issues and would look into them. Apparently he's already been talking to people on the slope; which is something I have never seen the management there do before. Fingers crossed he delivers, but it's a positive start. Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can listen to my interview with Ian Brown about the acquisition of Chill Factore in Episode 72 (38 mins in)
https://audioboom.com/posts/7858260-72-pat-sharples-swisstainable-chill-factore-touring-in-the-binntal
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So, there’s been a few months for the dust to settle and Ian to make his mark and I have to say, I’m very impressed.

Small changes are trickling through. First off is the passes are excellent value at the moment - admittedly I’m a member and so pay £56 a month but even civilians are only paying £71 a month at the moment. Can’t knock a month in the fridge for 70 quid.

The big inflatables on the kids tube ride seem to have been replaced with snow banks. I don’t know if this is permanent but what a good idea - the kids don’t notice the difference yet it just looks far better.

Little changes seem to be making their way with the booking, email and web systems. Queues in reception seem to be under control; finally somebody has twigged that as there’s 5 or 6 desks maybe they could use more than one at a time….

Staff seem to be happy enough and I’ve quizzed a few.

About my only grievance is that the guy who owns the little wooden sweet kart thing on the “street” inside the shopping area still keeps parking his knackered old Astra in the disabled bays without a Blue Badge. I’ve complained a dozen times - I have a lot of disabled friends who ski and none of us appreciate this selfish shop keeper who should be setting a better example.

COVID risk is being managed rather than used as an excuse. They’ve got a sensible balance. Plenty of cleaning happening.

Overall, I think there are good roots of positivity forming in the centre and I am going to continue giving Ian and his team the benefit of the doubt that they can capitalise on the potential of this great venue…

If they can just put some oil on the door into the men’s toilets in the changing area so that awful screech goes away then I’m absolutely happy. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Anybody else noticed a change?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@userscott, checking their website I see that the requirement for users to wear a mask indoors (more particularly on the slope) has now thankfully been removed. That is very welcome, as on a previous visit when mask wearing was mandatory on the slope I found that being a spectacle wearer I had no end of problems with my spectacles fogging up! Mad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Re Thu 16th Sept am/pm: (edit: not Oct. Note to self: in future mustn’t post after having had a couple of Tamnavulins.)

If any of you Chillfactore regulars/irregulars are there that day, there’s the chance you may see some sHs from dahn Sarf who’re on a day trip from Hemel.

It’s not completely confirmed, but there’s a planned trip from a small and select group: pretty sure it’ll happen.

We could be there on the slope, if all goes well, 10:30.

The idea is to do a couple of hours a.m., lunch, then a couple of hours p.m. and bus back.

Me, I’d like the chance to slide with other sHs from up Norf, if possible.

I for one will be sporting the snowHeads insignia.

Please.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 8-09-21 16:38; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Alastair Pink,
Mask wearer?
Spectacles?
You may be due condensation!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fat George wrote:
Re Thu 16th Oct am/pm:

If any of you Chillfactore regulars/irregulars are there that day, there’s the chance you may see some sHs from dahn Sarf who’re on a day trip from Hemel.

It’s not completely confirmed, but there’s a planned trip from a small and select group: pretty sure it’ll happen.

We could be there on the slope, if all goes well, 10:30.

The idea is to do a couple of hours a.m., lunch, then a couple of hours p.m. and bus back.

Me, I’d like the chance to slide with other sHs from up Norf, if possible.

I for one will be sporting the snowHeads insignia. Please.

We are indeed honoured, that you have seen fit to grace us humble northlings with your esteemed presence.

Got the heads up a couple of days ago from @GeePee, so booked it up. I’ll see you there. @audfart and @neens will also be there, as will @geepee.

We are booked there for four hours from 11.00. Really looking forward to meeting you guys and playing around in the moguls. snowHead Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We are praying for your moguls, which we skiers all envy dahn Sarf.

Only yesterday at Hemel, someone I spoke to was almost crying when he remembered the last time he saw a mogul there. Crying or Very sad

Please, PLEASE, let there be moguls.

The Southerners just don’t seem to get it.

You are blessed.

It’s all box/rail/rattly-pipe-thing boarder jumpy-cork-stuff down here.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fat George wrote:
We are praying for your moguls, which we skiers all envy dahn Sarf.
Only yesterday at Hemel, someone I spoke to was almost crying when he remembered the last time he saw a mogul there.

Please, PLEASE, let there be moguls.
The Southerners just don’t seem to get it.
You are blessed.

It’s all box/rail/rattly-pipe-thing boarder jumpy-cork-stuff down here.

George mogules be are normally Oct/Nov down South Laughing
See you in Hemel tomorrow evening for all things jumping!
See you on the 16th up North snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
admin wrote:
@Alastair Pink,
Mask wearer?
Spectacles?
You may be due condensation!

@admin, puntastic! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Fat George, Do you mean 16 Sept? I will try to join you then, but may be away.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Seahoob, Yes, it’s the 16th September.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You’re all quite right; of course it’s September! Aargh! rolling eyes (Now edited in that post above.)
To excuse myself some more, myself I’ve never seen a mogul at Hemel even in October, even on a Thursday?
But then again I’ve only been going there recently, and I’ve never gone in November.
I spoke to another member at Hemel about it today. He said they had done them occasionally, but they were rubbish so people didn’t like them, and they became infrequent then stopped. Just hearsay.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Moguls at Chillfactor have been quite good, they make a difference from just going up and down Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The moguls in the CFe are "ok" as a change/ a bit of fun; but I find them unrealistic, in that they are all perfectly round/conical in shape and packed too close together. Having said that, they are far better than corduroy. Toofy Grin
latest report
Awdbugga wrote:
The moguls in the CFe are "ok" as a change/ a bit of fun; but I find them unrealistic, in that they are all perfectly round/conical in shape and packed too close together. Having said that, they are far better than corduroy. Toofy Grin

Play the game, it's man made moguls in a fridge in Trafford Park! They can be perfectly round all they wish! I've lived in towns where the local ski slope is made from Snowflex...............
snow report
Yes my 11 year old lives for those moguls each month. Last month did two hours on his telemark in them aswell. So next week is chill factor Thurs, Fri and Sat.
snow conditions
Big delay on M6 so the Hemel crew will arrive midday Thursday now with any luck Evil or Very Mad wink Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
Fat George wrote:
Big delay on M6 so the Hemel crew will arrive midday Thursday now with any luck Evil or Very Mad wink Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Which Thursday? Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Unsure. The rain is beginning to fall in it’s usual welcome, so maybe it’ll be floods next.
latest report
We got to Chill Factor and had a great time all be it exhausting after such an early start. We managed a small snowHead heads meet was lovely to meet you all. Pics will be posted when we get home.
latest report
@Linds, Lovely to see you all. I look forward to the pics. Very Happy
latest report
Fat George wrote:
Unsure. The rain is beginning to fall in it’s usual welcome, so maybe it’ll be floods next.

Serves you right for venturing out of the shires wink
ski holidays
Had a good day in the CFe yesterday, meeting with some of the Hemel Snowheads.

Only downer was it took just over 5.5 hours to get home to Llandudno. It took 4.5 hours just to get to Runcorn, because of road works on the M56. Needless to say there was no actual work going on and not one workman visible. Grrr Evil or Very Mad
snow report

Hemel Meets Manchester in a fridge. Great to meet up with you all after our long journey up there. We will be back on October 14th so see you then.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 19-09-21 9:42; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Just a reminder that the annual snowHeads OktoberTest will be at Hemel on Sat 9th Oct and at Mchr on Sun 10th Oct. Buttons coming soon.
snow report
@spyderjon, There are a bunch of Hemel Snowheads ready and waiting Laughing Please repeat after me, I do not need any new skis, I do not need any new skis Laughing snowHead
snow report

Mount Hemel on Tour with Snowheads last Thursday snowHead

Great but very long day due to traffic etc. Will will be returning in October with planned coaching sessions. I will master the bumps Laughing Lovely to meet everybody up there. Snowheads especially snowHead
Staff were all great even when 19 of us got there 2hrs late rolling eyes Will get better pics next time, suddenly realised we had no proof we were there Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon wrote:
Just a reminder that the annual snowHeads OktoberTest will be at Hemel on Sat 9th Oct and at Mchr on Sun 10th Oct. Buttons coming soon.

I'll be there on the 10th. I've timed a meeting in Oxford the next day #laptop+skis Happy

Any idea what time on the 10th?
snow conditions
@GlasgowCyclops, It's normally started at 2pm finishing at 6pm. I'll be going too.
latest report
@RichardB, Cool. That is a 9am leave to arrive in time for change+lunch then ski then on to somewhere near M6 Bham in evening
latest report
The buttons aren't up yet are they? Or have I missed the boat?
thanks
ski holidays
pieman666 wrote:
The buttons aren't up yet are they? Or have I missed the boat?
thanks

Buttons for Hemel are here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=155898 with Mchr coming shortly.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy