Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MapSki - App for finding your mates and navigating the slopes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@plectrum I think you've got to run through a virtual Dragons Den Q&A in your mind and see if you can make your idea sell. Because at the moment I'm reading it like this:

You "We've done some market research on ski forums and asked what people think."
Dragon "OK, so what was the result?"

You "Well, most people were neutral to negative. But they're not necessarily representative."
Dragon "OK. So what makes you think they aren't representative?"

You "Well, I envisage a younger cohort."
Dragon "OK, so what makes you think such a cohort exists? What research supports this? What's the proportion of 'younger' people to 'older' ones who ski? How do you know that it's not a beginner who would be the market for this, irrespective of age?"

and so on. You may not be asking someone for funding, but it's a useful exercise if you can find someone you know with a good business track-record who will act as Devil's Advocate and ask all the obvious questions as if they were putting their capital/time on the line. They will probably also ask you if you have considered issues around intellectual property i.e. what if you are very successful but someone steals your idea and implements a cheaper/free version? At what point would you consider selling the rights if you were approached by a corporate, and how would you price the source code? Or if you sell into the US market, what is your contingency for the inevitable lawsuits when someone using it claims to have been led into an accident by the app? Or what if you're sued by a major app developer for 'stealing' their idea? etc. etc.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy