Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in Afghanistan

Poster: A snowHead
May not be on many people's bucket lists, but fans of unusual skiing destinations should hopefully find this of interest. In this Special Episode of The Ski Podcast (32 mins), James Willcox from Untamed Borders, chats about skiing in Afghanistan and the Afghan Ski Challenge:
https://theskipodcast.com/podcast/a-ski-podcast-special-skiing-in-afghanistan/
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great listen

If it's half as good as Pakistan then it's definitely worth a look.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks like you can cancel your ski holidays. If the Taliban doesn't get you Biden's B52s carpet bombing will.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@davidof, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I doubt apres under the Taliban will be much fun.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I suspect as a punter it's the sort of adventure that sound very cool in the telling but if you end up dead you're on the front page of the tabs in a blurry facebook photo with everyonr thinking what a funny fellow!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We skied in Iran and the Apres scene was pretty poor (the public Apres scene at least). But I imagine the Taliban Apres ski would be 100x worse!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@DB, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@DB, PMSL Laughing I think I've found a new name for my band Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Skiing in bamyan was safe the last few years. Now the situation is a little uncertain. Plus getting a visa is a bit of an ordeal. Honestly I wouldn't bother when there are other great options in central asia. Kyrgyzstan might be the best and will soon (possibly already) require no PCR test or quarantine for those who are double vaccinated.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There's no such thing as bad terrain, just the wrong equipment.

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boarder2020 wrote:
the situation is a little uncertain.

You should go and work for Joe Biden.

America's worst foreign policy blunder since the Iran Embassy Siege. Khandahar and Herat have now been taken. The US better hurry if it wants to get its personnel out.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FWIW Untamed Borders are currently running a campaign to help the guides and fixers who have worked for them in recent years
https://www.facebook.com/untamedborders/posts/4498409076889183
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:
Untamed Bo(a)rders
I know a few of them... wink
snow conditions
Having spent a very happy time in Crete, I've always wanted to do the Crete ski challenge.
ski holidays
Quote:
Having spent a very happy time in Crete, I've always wanted to do the Crete ski challenge

Ta for that joffy69 - hadn't heard of it but it sounds great Very Happy
https://www.greece-is.com/snow-way-crete-is-europes-most-surprising-skiing-destination/
snow conditions
I saw this thread title and immediately thought, this is what the SCGB magazine was so great at doing articles on, places no one in their right mind would even consider visiting to ski Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I think you mean: "places where the tourist board will fund a free trip".
Nothing wrong with that, mind.
latest report
Been there, done that! Very Happy Fond although not always happy things to remember snowHead It is so very sad what has happened now, but expected! Fingers crossed it all works out fine and safe for everyone in the future.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy