Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts around Denver Ideas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, I am a newbie here but have found lots of useful gems of information from previous posts in the past and wondering if anyone can share any advice.

Family of 4 going to Denver for Feb Half term (fingers crossed), kids will be 7.5 and 9.5 and are decent skiers (done 4 weeks of skiing and can handle easier blacks/reds/blues competently). Last year we spent a whole week at Keystone which was great as the kids were that bit younger but this time we're thinking of getting an Epic Pass and splitting our accommodation across two resorts - potentially Vail (and visit Beaver Creek) and Keystone (also visiting Breckenridge). Any recommendations on how to split our time or where to stay would be very grateful received. Thank you in advance!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you are only doing 1 week (half term) the idea of packing everything and moving to another accomodation seems more hassle than it's worth imo. My suggestion for adults would be hire a car, stay in somewhere like frisco/silverthorne and just drive to whichever resort takes your fancy each day. With kids I can see the advantage of being based in (or at least closer to) a resort though, so maybe that's not for you. In which case I'd say go to Vail as you've done keystone before and going straight from sea level to sleeping at Breck is not ideal. You can always drive from Vail to Breck or keystone for a day, but there is enough skiing between Vail and Beaver creek to keep you busy for a week.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Check how your dates intersect with US Presidents Day holiday as it will be VERY busy that weekend and accommodation at a premium. Beyond that if the kids are able to deal with a bit of travel to/from the slopes I'd consider staying in Breck for a bit more to do and maybe Avon/Edwards to ski Beaver Creek and Vail as Vail hotels and appartments can get very expensive. No issue if you don't have budgetary constraints of course, but then I'd just go to Aspen, stay at Snowmass and be done with it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mishmash83, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

I'd second boarder2020's suggestion of staying at Frisco and driving the relatively short distances to your different ski destinations. You'll find accommodation in Frisco a bit cheaper than staying in the actual ski resorts such as Breckenridge. I've stayed at this motel some years ago: https://www.snowshoemotel.com/ but as DoTM says check availability if it's Presidents Day holiday.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are you hiring a car? If so I’d drive past the Epic resorts and stay at Snowmass. You’ll then have 4 hills (including the icons of Aspen and Aspen Highlands) at your disposal and the hills will have less skiers on them. Great diversified terrain. February is prime time for Aspen/Snowmass.
Another option is Steamboat.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you for your replies, definitely lots of food for thought! Was thinking of getting the Epic pass and doing a cheeky one week three valleys trip at Christmas, hence the idea to go to the resorts I mentioned.

And yes we will be hiring a car probably. Was a little spoilt last time with our ski in ski out condo at keystone last time but if we want to venture around will have to say goodbye to that!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy