Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK removed from the Switzerland High Risk countries list

Poster: A snowHead
Geographically off topic, we travel Nice -> Geneva (still Swiss sector) Monday afternoon.

Despite them apparently not necessary as of today we tried to get a PCR test (just in case) but the only lab local stopped doing them just as we arrived at 08h30.

So hopefully Easyjet have their gate agents up to speed ... but we do have access to and have read all the relevant pages ...

We shall see.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@under a new name, I land GVA Monday afternoon too (5pm), from LHR. Hoping the same hope, for the Swiss gate agents. Confused
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@shep, https://travelcheck.admin.ch/check thinks you are good ... (us likewise) ... doigts croissees
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
What on page two "entry requirements" can you (or I) tick then? As far as I can see, residency of a Schengen country is not listed there....?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, What on page two "entry requirements" can you (or I) tick then? As far as I can see, residency of a Schengen country is not listed there....?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@shep, There’s a (more formal) page somewhere (try searching under FHOP?) that refers to transit thru CH being OK which I assume they haven’t managed to include. I get “free movement” courtesy of a French wife Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So is Tourism for UK people allowed or not?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rungsp wrote:
So is Tourism for UK people allowed or not?

As usual, it depends. Answer a few questions and find out. https://travelcheck.admin.ch/check
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hmmm - Travelcheck says that UK residents who have been in the UK for the last 10 days are free from Swiss entry & quarantine requirements, but then the entry form says that we have to quarantine ...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Didn't someone here or maybe a different thread say websites will be updated on 29th June?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They were due to be updated today apparently. Whats the question?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@shep, ‘i have the right of freedom of Movement’ non?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Nadenoodlee, a resident with a British passport doesn't give FoM. Just the right to stay in your chosen country
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
@shep, ‘i have the right of freedom of Movement’ non?

From the website above:

“Who has rights of free movement?

EU/EFTA citizens and their family members, irrespective of their nationality, have rights of free movement. Family members are defined as

spouses or registered partners of an EU/EFTA citizen.....”

This surprised me a bit but is good news as Mrs DJL is Dutch. Summer hols looking a bit more likely.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Right, time to chop Mrs. Shep in for a French model! wink

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 27-06-21 7:25; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@shep, "Nicole"! Per chance?
latest report
Here are the latest rules from the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) website, below, with links. In summary, my interpretation is that as of now, if you are fully-vaccinated and can produce a certificate, Brits can enter Switzerland without the need for a test or quarantine, but you need to fill out an online Entry Form which generates a PDF document with a QR code embedded in it, which you may be asked to produce, along with a digital or paper Certificate of Vaccination.

FOPH New Entry Requirements 23 June 2021
FOPH Entry Rules Summary Table
FOPH Entry Form
FOPH Entry Form FAQs

I'd also refer you to the

FOPH Online Travel Check referenced by @telford_mike, which is an interactive Q&A which gives you a definitive statement on entry requirements specific to your answers.

Needless to say, I accept no liability if I've interpreted all the documentation wrongly. If you want to be certain, I'd recommend reading through it all yourself, just to be sure. I'd also recommend talking to your travel insurer as well, to check your cover is cvalid (or what is and isn't covered) and that their interpretation of the entry rules is the same as yours.

Key Source Statements from FOPH in New Entry Requirements above:

The new rules apply from 26 June.

12. What rules apply for air travel?

- A negative PCR or rapid antigen test is required for boarding and subsequent entry into Switzerland. Everyone entering by air must also supply their contact data.*

17. What happens if children and young people enter Switzerland from a country with a variant of concern (VOC)?

- From 28 June, a test and quarantine will only be required if the children and young people are entering Switzerland from a country with a variant of concern against which the vaccination does not provide protection (an immuno-evasive variant).

18. What happens if I want to enter Switzerland from a third country with a variant of concern?

- People who have been vaccinated or recovered from COVID can enter Switzerland from a country with a variant of concern without being subject to a test and quarantine requirement.

22. In the future will travellers from the UK be allowed to enter Switzerland without testing and quarantine if they have been vaccinated?

- Yes. In the case of variants against which the vaccination is effective, the quarantine requirement is waived for people who have been vaccinated or who have recovered from COVID.

*I think that the answer to FAQ#12 is ambiguously stated - if you read through all the material and the rules table, it becomes clear that a test is only required if you are not fully-vaccinated, even if you're arriving from a country with a Variant of Concern (as long as it's not a VOC that's resistant to the main vaccines i.e. 'immuno-evasive').

And regarding the online Entry Form:

Fill out the electronic entry form on a computer or smartphone before or during travel. Once you’ve filled out the form you’ll be emailed a QR code as confirmation. Have this code ready for inspection when you enter Switzerland. If you are controlled you can show the QR code on your smartphone or produce a printed confirmation.
snow report
Thanks so much @LaForet, this is hugely helpful to have it all in one place.

Presumably all that's needed to satisfy the SEM requirements for entry are the usual post 1 Jan 2021 requirements (passport validity, return trip, hotel booked, etc) and there is nothing covid-related lurking there to trip up an unsuspecting traveller?

I note that the FCDO website https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/switzerland/entry-requirements says "Demonstrating your vaccination status from the UK is not yet formalised for entry into Switzerland, so you should follow alternative advice for entry. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccine status." rolling eyes

Will be hugely grateful if anyone can report back on their experience of this in the coming days! Otherwise I might contact the Swiss authorities and ask the question as it would be a shame to fall at this final hurdle...
ski holidays
@Skimum1, can you get a paper copy? This came up in the press conference last week, in the context of the EU vs. CH because we can‘t read each other‘s QR codes for the vaccination passports at present. This is meant to be solved within a few weeks, but they were advising us (people with Swiss vaccine certificates) to travel with a paper printout for at least the next few weeks. I understood they would be accepting similar from other countries. Not sure what you get in the UK but mine in CH has name, DOB, vaccine given, number of doses, date of second dose and country of administration on it.
snow report
@Gämsbock, thank you. That makes sense. Within our app is the option of a paper copy proof (with QR code) and it does have those details as yours does so it is reassuring that is the approach being taken between CH and EU; one hopes third countries will receive the benefit of the same treatment.
snow report
@Skimum1, I really think so - it‘s not that UK was excluded from the conversation, just that the focus has been on the issues with EU/CH recognition here because that‘s a much bigger market from a CH holiday travel point of view. Sounds like the paper copies have all the same info on them anyway. I would expect them to be pragmatic about it. If they exclude UK from entry it won‘t be at the vaccine passport paper copy level.
ski holidays
Over on the Après Vaccination Passports thread you'll see feedback about registering for Certificates on the NHS App, what the electronic Certificate looks like and how to generate the paper version. You'll see the link to the Gov.UK Pages on using the NHS Certificate abroad.

There's a statement on the FOPH pages that specifically mentions non-Swiss Certificates, saying something like their use 'should be possible' or similar. Overall, my reading is that not surprisingly, the handwritten card you get when vaccinated isn't satisfactory, but that presenting the NHS App or it's QRcode paper version 'should be possible' (however you choose to read that).

Snowheads on the Vaccination Passport thread noticed that the UK NHS App had a fairly short expiry date when it was first released. Mine currently expires on 21 July, so for some reason, i looks like they're continuing the practice of stating a fairly near expiry date (as opposed, say, to 6+ months). This is reflected on the PDF version so as it stands, you can't just print the paper version off now and forget about re-printing it for a year (like the Swiss equivalent). Based on our experience displaying the Home Office Immigration Entry Form at Eurotunnel last September, I'll be pre-printing a paper version as an easier option in terms of the mechanics of presentation.
ski holidays
Please post actual experiences of entering CH on this thread - we're travelling home to Wengen in 2 weeks time (Swiss residents, double jabbed AZ in U.K. but second jab will only be 6 days old). Flying via ZRH.
snow report
@telford_mike, I think I read in the last few days that certification of full vaccination status will only be available via the NHS App two weeks after the second dose of vaccine has been administered. Might be worth you checking on that if your current travel plans have you travelling one week after your second jab.

Is it possible for you to bring forward your appointment for your second jab?
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
@telford_mike, I think I read in the last few days that certification of full vaccination status will only be available via the NHS App two weeks after the second dose of vaccine has been administered. Might be worth you checking on that if your current travel plans have you travelling one week after your second jab.

Is it possible for you to bring forward your appointment for your second jab?

If your GP can't bring the appointment forward then some places in the UK now have drop-in vaccination centres where any adult over 18 can go without an appointment and get their 1st or 2nd jab. I know someone (aged 31) who got their 1st jab from their GP but was able to use one of the drop-in centres just a few days ago to get their 2nd jab only 6 weeks after their first.
latest report
This page on the NHS (England) website says that the NHS Covid Pass is available two weeks after you have received the second dose of vaccine.
snow report
Thanks all, have found a local drop-in centre doing AZ today. Will pop in later and beg Very Happy
ski holidays
@telford_mike, good luck! Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BA just cancelled our LHR to Zurich flights for end of July. Looks like first available date is now 1 August. Seems odd given the positive moves we have seen on quarantine. Looks like Swiss is still flying.
ski holidays
Tried my luck for an early second dose at the vaccine walk-in centre. Not a chance - couldn’t even get in the building as my first dose was only 7 weeks ago. Ah well, it was worth a try. Not going to change our flights - if we have to quarantine then so be it.
latest report
well we are now kettled to board NCE->GVA paperwork fine ...
snow report
I have quite a few friends volunteering at the vaccine centres and they have this issue quite a lot on account of urgent trips overseas etc - I know that sometimes when people who are prepared to wait (and there is always better availability for AZ) they do sometimes let people go through when there is a lull. Might be worth another go...
snow report
I had my second jab on Wednesday last week, and by Friday it was on my NHS app..
ski holidays
For those asking for feedback, I flew LHR-GVA today, first response from the Swiss check-in agent was "You can't transit through Switzerland by land as a third country national" swiftly (thank god) followed by "oh maybe that changed recently - let me ask my colleague". Colleague replied "all they need now is proof of double vaccination", phew! So showed the paper copy of my french certificate and allowed to board.

At GVA the border guard wanted passport, french resident's visa, vaccination certificate (he checked twice I was double-jabbed, but no mention of +2 weeks (which I don't have)), and Swiss track and trace QR code.

BTW, uk track and trace quarantine surveillance of my 4-day visit was a phone call morning of day 1, doorstep visit morning of day 3.

What a load of bollux just for a vaccinated person with two current negative tests to visit his vaccinated mum... rolling eyes
ski holidays
@shep, am I being thick? You travelled to the UK and were meant to quarantine for x number of days (whatever the number is now) but broke quarantine to visit your mum and then fly back?

It might well be a load of bollox, but it's the law bollox
snow conditions
I quarantined with my Mum for four days, and came home. All completely legal.
latest report
shep wrote:
For those asking for feedback, I flew LHR-GVA today, first response from the Swiss check-in agent was "You can't transit through Switzerland by land as a third country national" swiftly (thank god) followed by "oh maybe that changed recently - let me ask my colleague". Colleague replied "all they need now is proof of double vaccination", phew! So showed the paper copy of my french certificate and allowed to board.

At GVA the border guard wanted passport, french resident's visa, vaccination certificate (he checked twice I was double-jabbed, but no mention of +2 weeks (which I don't have)), and Swiss track and trace QR code.

Great post thanks!
snow report
shep wrote:
I quarantined with my Mum for four days, and came home. All completely legal.

Didn't think you could break quarantine to travel back
snow report
@holidayloverxx, you can, or rather, it‘s not „breaking quarantine“. You have to quarantine for the minimum of the duration of your trip or 10 days but are not required to remain in the UK for 10 days. See
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-arrive-in-england
snow report
@Gämsbock, ah ok...thanks
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy