Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quiet Lodging @ Saalbach?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello! I'm looking into skiing Saalbach and other parts of Eastern Austria via the SuperSkiCard, the first 2 weeks of February, 2022. I'd like to stay for 1 week in Saalbach. It seems there are plenty of lodging options. My only concern is if I can find a place where I'm not kept awake, into the wee hours, by beer-laden snowboarders and schnapps-filled exotic dancers. I'll probably join them at some point, but not every night.

Where does one stay in Saalbach, for a quiet night and close proximity to the lifts in the morning?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@monkbeer, rest assured, you can leave the schnapps filled exotic dancers to us Laughing (in my dreams).

With any luck, @Tatmanstours should be along quite soon with his insider expert knowledge of Saalbach.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@monkbeer, plenty of options just don’t stop on the main street and run the risk of a room at the front of hotel. Hotel Kristiana at the top of town is great, just above the main street and only 2 mins walk to the lifts and the schnapps and exotic dancers!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I stayed in the Alpenblick in Hinterglemm a few years ago, Was pretty quiet. Still close to the Zwolferkogel. and Rieterkogel lifts (about 300-400m). Nice location kind of central but on the edge.

https://www.alpenblick.st/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@monkbeer, do you have a preferred type of lodging? Food included or not? Budget or indicative price range?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I prefer a 4-star hotel with breakfast. I'm thinking 350 euro per night is my limit.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@monkbeer, you might be able to buy a small one on that budget wink

Have a look at the Kristiana. Handy for lifts, not as noisy as most. That’s in Saalbach itself.

There are a few upmarket ones with plenty of facilities in Hinterglemm.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@monkbeer, another option and very quiet is Eva Garden hotel, stopped their once and it was very nice , just a short walk to the bars and the brand new Kohlmais lift. If you can guarantee a room at the back then Hotel Kohlmais is great, best food I have had in a Saalbach hotel and location is spot on, the lift is outside your front door and the brilliant Burgi’s bar.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@monkbeer, I was going to suggest our apartment , but we are a bus ride to the lift Very Happy

Something to consider is that the school holidays start around 12 February https://www.holidays-info.com/austria/school-holidays/2022/

A good choice would be the Kendler, not to far to walk to two of the lifts (Bernkogelbahn and Turmlift cut through the underground garage or ski down) and still in town but away from the main activity, there is also the Astrid https://www.astrid.at/en/the-hotel which is a short walk to the lift (Kohlmais), both these hotels have good restaurants.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We stayed here when in Hinterglemm - https://www.hauswittenius.at/?page_id=195&lang=en lovely quiet house - pool is a bonus. Ski in / ski out and far enough from town to get peace and quiet but still less than a 5 min walk.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the responses. 350 per is the high end. I'd hope for something closer to 285. Smile

I'm aware of the school holidays. Most of them are in 2nd half of February, this year, along with Fasching in the first week of March.

Either way, I'll be looking for a hotel with a solid cancellation policy due to Covid.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@monkbeer, https://www.adler-resort.at/ stayed here a couple of times. 100m walk to the gondola and lots of choice in terms of room styles and whether you go all inclusive or self catering - we done a mixture of both. Excellent rooms and great views. Highly recommended
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
of the best 4-5 star all exceptionally good up the main street its simply a case of you pay for what you get .
my favorite would be the eva village in a south facing room very comfortable welcoming and with excellent 1/2 board meals well positioned for the lifts and apres , a tad less pricey is the bauer ive never had a problem with noise though a room upgrade possibly helps
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@monkbeer, you’ve had some good suggestions, and your budget should cover all of them. You could do far worse than stay at Hotel Kohlmais (our neighbours).
As recommended above by @ribblevalleyblue, it’s well thought of and in a perfect location. They’re doing a lot of refurbishment work currently (we’re getting used to being woken up by power tools the other side of the party wall we share with them!), including an exterior extension to their swimming pool, an upgrading of their wellness suite, and goodness knows what - probably a new bar - at the front. So it should be even better next season.
They’re a nice Austrian family. We get the impression that the two sons are a driving force behind all the improvements that are currently being implemented. They brought their plans around for us to sign (signifying our consent), but I wasn’t paying much attention, except to the significant improvements that they are carrying out over the next few months to the pool and wellness facilities.
We get very little noise in our street, which is just far enough away from the après-ski merriment not to be affected. However all the exterior bars are required by law to switch off any loud music by 7.30pm. Later in the evening the night life tends to be confined to basement/cellar bars in the vicinity of the village centre, and they are well sound-proofed. The village centre is a five minute walk away - so near enough, but not too near.
A main gondola lift station is directly opposite.
I can confirm that the Kendler and the Kristiana are also well thought of. So is the Eva Village, but it’s pretty centrally located in the main village street, as are quite a few other excellent hotels, such as the Neuhaus and the Bauer. The Alpinresort is another one that people seem to like.
The Eva Garten is an uphill walk and a bit of a slog outside the village, so I wouldn’t go for that one in preference to the others mentioned.
These are all fairly luxurious, four star hotels. There are also some good, well-located and considerably cheaper three star ones.
If you would like a copy of my comprehensive guide to Saalbach, send me a message with your email address.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy