Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Austria Lakes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Im looking to take the other half away for her birthday in a couple of weeks. Any suggestions in where to base ourselves for a couple of days. will be midweek. Driving over from Kirchberg
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Would thoroughly recommend the Mondi Hotel at Grundlsee.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Grundlsee is lovely! Worth walking to Toplitzsee too, if you’re based there.

Other suggestions:
Unterach, Attersee (Austria’s largest lake). A gorgeous, lakeside town with two beaches. Awesome swimming, stunning views. A very, very nice Tapas restaurant in suitably romantic setting.
St Wolfgang, Wolfgangsee. Classic Austrian lakeside town - a great place to spend a few days plus the mountain railway up to the Schaffberg peak. Views don’t get much better.
Obertraun, Hallstattersee. A short hop, via boat, to Hallstatt - UNESCO heritage town. Obertraun offers much better value accommodation and has a fab beach.
Bad Ischl (had to mention it Laughing ): charming Austrian mid-sized town (its official designation is ‘city’), lots of history and culture, plenty of good restaurants, good walks and it’s very central for access to the Salzkammergut Lake District (76 lakes, many within a 30-40 minute drive).

Do fire away if you’ve any specific questions Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jafa, @Cacciatore, hasn’t specifically mentioned his place in Perneck which is a small village above Bad Ischl. There’s a link to it in his signature, so worth a click. I speak from experience having stayed there many times and you won’t get a warmer and more friendly welcome to this lovely area. Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Awww, thanks geepee Very Happy

@jafa, FWIW, wherever you consider (if it is indeed the Salzkammergut), general accommodation availability can get a bit thin in August. I’m guessing (given your Facebook link), you’ll already have a pretty good idea on the popularity of a lot of places in Austria at given times of the year.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Having stayed at The lovely Landhaus Fay, I think it's a fabulous base as it is right in the middle and the hosts are mint.

The alternative is some luxury lakeside hotel, which is not really my bag. It is a stunning region and Bad Ischl is delightful
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cacciatore wrote:

....charming Austrian mid-sized town (its official designation is ‘city’

These big old cities!! Radstadt has city status too!! It's all to do with Archbishop's and princes and kings and queens and all that historic stuff ain't it!

Landhaus Fay is a top notch location for a warm welcome and easy access to the lake district!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 to everything said by geepee, Frosty the Snowman and flangesax about Landhaus Fay. I might be a tiny bit biased, but would still be hard put to think of anywhere nicer to stay.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
......... and the hosts are mint.

Pepper and Spear ?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
for clarity : I feel qualified to gently rib @Cacciatore and his missus, as I too have been a recipient of their most excellent hospitality (which seems inextricably linked to a sore head wink )
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you, lovely people….and Timberwolfwink Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy