Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go - New year 2022?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HI Snow heads,

Looking for some advice. have missed 2 ski seasons now because of Covid and with foreign summer holidays looking unlikely we are looking at ski-ing at New year - probably form the 1st of January. Normally we are Mid term or March skiers so looking for some advice on snow reliable resorts in Europe (I know no place is snow sure!) for that time of year. We are a 2 families so a party of 10 including teenagers - intermediate skiers. As we have missed so many holidays looking to splash out a bit and not go self catering and instead go to a hotel or chalet. Anyone got any recommendations? We will be travelling from Ireland. Any advice much appreciated as always Very Happy !
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Simone, where do you normally ski?

I've skied every Christmas week over the last decade, mostly in the large French resorts. Conditions can vary both in terms of the amount of early season snow prior to going out and in terms of the weather you experience during the week itself. The good news resorts have lots of snow cannons now and as new year week (the preceding week to yours) is one of the peak weeks of the year they will be geared up to open as much as possible. So generally no issue.

I like to be in a lower resort 1300/1400m below the tree line at that time of the year because the weather can be pretty poor.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Simone, Could you please supply some criteria as to what you are looking for. As I see it your only criteria are:

1/ It should have snow in early January
2/ It must be large enougth to accept 10 guests
3/ Teenagers must be permitted
4/ Travel from Ireland must be permitted
5/ It must have a hotel or Chalet.
6/ It must have slopes suitable for intermediate skiers.
7/ It must be in Europe

Wikipedia gives a list of resorts which more or less match this criteria https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ski_areas_and_resorts_in_Europe

I used to have ski trips in early January before work forced me to take Christmas/New Year period instead. Oddly we had some trips when a high pressure zone settled over Europe and the resort we were staying in had almost no snow so we were bussed from quite large and famous resorts to other resorts. Nowadays almost all resorts have extensive snow making so this is rarely a problem. You could choose almost any largish resort and you would be OK. The really tiny resorts such as Baiersbronn may not have snow making.

My suggestion, therefore, is to choose any resort that has snow making.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Obviously a promo, but available through diffent routes of booking
http://youtube.com/v/rLxLaHEheGQ ultra convenient from mixed level group point of view, also generally holds any snowfall really well throughout season even if sparse.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy