Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is Season 2021/22 going to happen for the British or for Anyone Else

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
colinstone wrote:
I wonder if ICU staff have been cycled through the wards other than ICU to get some respite and leave etc. Just like the WW1 troops in front line trenches were cycled back and forth.

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that.
Ward staff would be alsmost useless in the ICU. And being on an ordinary ward is no holiday.
Those soldiers cycled from the front line had time for rest and relaxation. There is no rest on a hospital ward.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
>Those soldiers cycled from the front line had time for rest and relaxation. There is no rest on a hospital ward.
And therein lies the problem. You can't continue running staff at max chat in ICU for long periods. Modern military deployments, say Middle East for 6 - 9 months, programme in decompression during the return journey, then leave and then start the training cycle to deploy again. Time between deployments aims for 18 months I recall.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andy from embsay wrote:
@j b, I keep seeing reference to another signficant uptick in the winter - I realise there’ll still be some people unvaccinated, but given that uptake seems to be well over 90%, and effectiveness against severe disease is also very, very high - why is this still considered to be likely? Whitty was talking about 25k flu deaths three years ago and (in his words) “nobody noticed”.

I don't disagree, but remember that last summer everyone including the government was working on the basis that the pandemic was largely over. It seems safe to predict there will be rises in cases, and we fervently hope the vaccines will mean very few suffer seriously, but we don't know. There is a definite possibility that some restrictions will be needed again, and of course the unknown issue of whether booster vaccination will at some point be required - whether because the first generation vaccines lose protection over time or because a new variant evades the earlier vaccines.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@j b, very good thread here on likelyhood and size of a winter wave

https://twitter.com/JamesWard73/status/1379701658813337602
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@colinstone, medics were on even shorter tours, 3-4 months if I recall.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@colinstone, @Jonpim no, ICU staff don't cycle between the wards and ICU as those who work in ICU are specifically trained to manage patients in the at setting (thought they can do other things!) Staff who normally work on other wards have been seconded to ICU to assist there as they certainly aren't "almost useless" in ICU although they are supported by full time ICU staff.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Like much of life these days, it feels threads like this only allow binary options - you can suffer from 'optimism bias' or 'Cassandra syndrome' only. It seems to me that the probability of a normal ski season is high. Yes, we've learned that there are variants that can change things, but by December 2021, most of Europe will be double-vaccinated. Based on the information available, I expect a 'normal' ski season with upgraded hygiene protocols and social distancing on lifts.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy