Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - Inter season & summer 2006

Poster: A snowHead
Step forward Mr & Mrs Smokin Joe Laughing, mind you they'd be a bit baggy on both of them, call it the snowboarder look.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hels_t, Didn't spot it, but it was exceedingly similar to FenlandSkier,'s exhibit 2. Worn by a man with grey hair and a beard (about 65?). I think he probably actually bought it in the 80s! Shocked It was nicely faded to prove regular wear too!

Back on track, glad the spider turns out to be a rare one - rarer than Snowheads by the sound of it. Laughing

Another very pleasant day on the glacier, warm, sunny and the snow was OK all around. Still some very nasty icy patches around (should really put edges on my skis but can't be bothered), but mostly pretty good. The bottom bit is pretty grey again by the end of the day's skiing, but is quite skiable. May be dodgy weather tomorrow, but we'll wait and see.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's something about a well worn skisuit though that adds a little credibility back to it, I think it shows that you've bought it to actually use rather than to pose in.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
FenlandSkier, The scary thing is that we all did buy and wear these extraordinary, lurid offerings, and thought they were Cool - well - they were at the time! Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FenlandSkier wrote:
Step forward Mr & Mrs Smokin Joe Laughing, mind you they'd be a bit baggy on both of them, call it the snowboarder look.

I can confirm they are nothing to do with me - hence the somerset address - phew ! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
cold and fairly miserable today, but the snow was good and most peeps left about 11.30. We skied till 13.30 and had a very good time on empty slopes and straight onto every lift! I did get very cold though - feet froze off nearly. Anyway, the crevassess are opening up again in jolly numbers (because it's been warm), and the new snow has gone - but who cares - it's loads better than we could have hoped 3 weeks ago. Very Happy

forecast is for good weather Fri and Sat, so keep fingers crossed.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well, we had an absolutely fabulous day today. a cm or 2 of fresh snow on a good hard base, and almost no-one up there. Very much an end of term atmosphere with the staff, and Red Dave came up for the day and seems to have enjoyed himself. He saw my jacket so said hello. Also a new SNowhead who's got an apartment here, but couldn't remember his screen name. A pretty good skier for an english! Laughing Laughing

I'm really sorry that I forgot to take my camera Sad Sad and it's really a shame that it's now closed as it's supposed to snow again tonight or tomorrow, right down to 2,400 or so...
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad - still should be helpful for the Mondial. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes a good day - sun, a dusting of fresh snow, and very quiet! And there were a few crazy skiers and boarders throwing themselves around in the snowpark for added entertainment. Shame it's now closed.

I took my camera up but didn't stop long enough to take any photos - doh!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Red Dave, It was very nice to meet you! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Easiski, likewise. Hopefully see you again once the season is underway.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Red Dave, Just waiting for the Mondial now .........
snow conditions
 brian
brian
easiski, thanks for all your reporting and photos over the summer Very Happy

Looking forward to the winter thread and snow on the birches ! snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski, thanks for the summer reports - roll on the autumn! Only another 11 weeks until Tignes Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
easiski,

Doesn't seem that long since your Winter reports ended. Thanks for giving us a taste of the snow through the summer.
snow report
johnboy, I imagine, as a farmer, it would be very difficult for you to holiday in the summer?
latest report
easiski, Thanks for keeping snow 'alive' throughout the summer. Enjoy your break.
ski holidays
easiski,

I actually work as an Agri Adviser. We don't do alot of farming now as we rent out most of the farm. We used to milk cows. The winter would tend to be a busier period for dairy farmers as this is when most farms calve their cows. The summer generally gives more time to go on holiday apart from busy silage periods.
latest report
easiski, I can't wait for your winter snow reports to start, your reports and pictures kept me on track with my physio and recover snowHead
snow report
johnboy, No arable then? Aah.

Russell, Glad to be of service

thanks for your thanks everyone - it's nice to know the effort is worth it! Very Happy
snow conditions
Most of NI is grassland farming.
latest report
johnboy, aah - never been there you see!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy