Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Venice Flights Manchester - Lobby Jet2 Please

Poster: A snowHead
Just received this reply from Jet2. No doubt many will receive similar in due course. I did make the point that, when there is an option of an outward flight, there is very rarely a suitable return option, which will put a lot of customers off booking.

Thanks for emailing Jet2.com.

I understand you’re interested in booking flights for a ski trip but you’re unhappy with our flying programme in the off-peak period.

We pride ourselves in our ability to deliver lovely on-board experiences, so our valued customers can travel abroad on their much-needed getaways. While we offer fares to some of Europe’s best slopes and give customers 10kg hand luggage free of charge and the chance to pre-book ski carriage, I recognise there’s a limited selection of flights especially in terms of inbound services.

I can assure you, we’re continuing to constantly review our Winter 2021/22 flying programme and introduce popular travel destinations, so we can meet the demand. We’ll update our website accordingly when new flights are introduced, so I’d recommend regularly checking to find suitable flights for your Winter ski trip.

We’re grateful for the time you’ve taken to get in touch. I hope we can welcome you on board one of our flights at some point soon.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@brianatab, Meaningless drivel eh? Same feedback as i've had....roughly translated as, we'll not bother listening and carry on as we are rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They acknowledge the problem with return flights but still don't get it.

With all the cancellations in the last 12 months, and the problems with refunds, who in their right mind would use different carriers unless they had a very good reason?

Too much risk of one carrier still running the flight and keeping the payment.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@brianatab, @Markymark29,

Time will tell whether it turns out to be meaningless drivel or leads to worthwhile action.

I still feel that the more potential customers tell them what they want, the more likely it is they’ll get it.
snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@kitenski,
Quote:

Can’t see them adding many new routes until the huge losses sustained are recovered from the sun and stag do brigade.

Maybe but wouldn't they make more profit per passenger from a winter sports weekly return flight, compared with the so called sun, stag and hen do brigade market? Puzzled
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Markymark29 wrote:
@brianatab, Meaningless drivel eh? Same feedback as i've had....roughly translated as, we'll not bother listening and carry on as we are rolling eyes

A standard reply, certainly but what did you expect - an email saying, “thanks for getting in touch. We understand it’s frustrating not being able to use your favourite route so we’ve decided to run the service you enquired about, just for you”? rolling eyes

Like all businesses, Jet2 will be monitoring the potential demand and adjusting their schedules to suit. The more interest there appears to be iny given route, the more likely they will run it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Problem is that if search engines don't find any options for flights with the carrier, then that carrier will never know if there is any interest for those routes.

There is no way of finding out the full journey of any particular flight, and they might just be offering a few spare seats on the odd leg of a longer flight, but I still don't see the logic of offering short haul flights with no option of a return within a sensible time period.

With all the cancellations we have experienced in the last 12 months, adding the complication of a different carrier for a return, with the possibility that only 1 leg will be cancelled does not make sense unless there is absolutely no other option.

Try getting a refund with EJ or Ryanair for the return because the outbound leg with another carrier was cancelled? Not a hope in hell!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Red Leon, It isn't just me though is it? I'm the only one wanting to fly to Innsbruck, and/ or GVA from Yorkshire at convenient times? Perhaps they should listen and they might create a revenue stream they don't have currently, who knows. Anyway, always makes me laugh when I see their "Jet2 - The Skiers Airline" banner on their planes and I recall what they used to have on winter sports trade compared what they have in pre-Covid recent times (ie not much, I don't know anyone who uses them last few years), plus the fact that they once paid me £60 cash about 15 years ago to complete a detailed survey via their marketing agency to which I suggested they consider IBK and reinstating GVA early morning Thursday and return late Sunday flights and they took no notice. It's not a biggy to me tbph, Lufthansa and Swiss are great and will get our business next time we fly, i'd just like to see a local employer around where I live be able to fly it's local catchment people rather than them having to drive 120 mile round trip, pay huge carparking charges, block up the M62/60, and endure all the hassle that MAN airport necessitates.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
From mates that fly for jet2 they have a highly attuned planning system. Given their growth since they started with one 737 in 2003 they are clearly going something right, as the UKs third biggest airline. Anyone remember Monar h, Thomas Cook etc etc. Philip Meeson is a bery smart businessman.

Always worth a lobby though, you never know.

Specifically from Leeds most ski flights have not succeeded, even Easy gave up on LBA - Geneva. Anything other than GVA or GNB at weekends have never 'flown'.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
From the Midlands, you know, that insignificant blob in the centre of England that sparked the industrial revolution, we consider ourselves lucky if we only have to do a 120 mile round trip to fly anywhere Very Happy

About 11m of us live there but still regularly faced with a choice of 4 different 'London' airports. Thank goodness for 'levelling up', bring it on Boris wink

So let the lobbying continue. Thanks to all who've rattled Jet2's cage so far. snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think you tough Northerners should consider braving it in the North Pennines or the Scottish Highlands and leave the dolce vita sipping Bombardinos in the Dolomite sunshine to us Southern Softies!! Cool Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Or you could give Yorkshire Airlines a buzz... wink Shocked

http://youtube.com/v/6VLYpKGVBUg
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just seen a FB post that they’re doing Geneva, Salzburg and Chambery from Leeds this winter. Geneva times are stll pants, mind.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@andy from embsay, Aye, still no IBK.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Markymark29, IBK from manchester, apparently. Better than nowt!
latest report
@andy from embsay, Not better than the car though at those prices. £410 each return, £60 train return pp, £150 parking and £40 fuel to/ from Mancunia. £1130....Only 13 days skiing. I’ll drive 14 days skiing and far cheaper, plus more fun bashing down the autobahns, and at half the cost.
ski holidays
Birmingham to Venice any good for Northerners ?

@brianatab, Should suit you ??

https://www.jet2.com/this-winter

===== edit ===

Just had a proper look :: No flights in December/January ; When they do fly, it is Thursday or Sunday - so not so good
ski holidays
@albob, put a comment earlier on the other thread. https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=155293#4757302

Not much use for Venice, but tried an example (Birm/Turin, 8th Jan 2 weeks) 1 bag 22kg. BA from Heathrow (23kg), £54 cheaper.

The 1kg extra allowance with BA (and maybe less strict if slightly over) may be pivotal, and the saving will easily cover the cost of National express to Heathrow. Total extra traveling only about 90 minutes, so not really an issue.

Thursday to Sunday may be ok for short breaks, might consider them for that if only carrying hand luggage.
ski holidays
I think Jet2’s advertised times for their Birmingham - Geneva service next season are ideal. Late Saturday morning outbound departure. No need for overnight stay the night before for most.

Lunchtime Saturday return departure. Late enough for most not to have to crawl out of bed in middle of night for transfer from resort to Geneva.

Not sure if service commences soon enough for PSB, should that take place next December.

A welcome step in the right direction. An easily accessible airport for a large chunk of England, at convenient times on a Saturday, to the main ski hub airport on the European mainland.

Keep chipping away at the gap in their MAN-Venice service.

Or do we need a petition for a Jet2 Birmingham - Venice decent service for snowy trips?

snowHead
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:
@Red Leon, i'd just like to see a local employer around where I live be able to fly it's local catchment people rather than them having to drive 120 mile round trip, pay huge carparking charges, block up the M62/60, and endure all the hassle that MAN airport necessitates.

We wouldn't mind a mere 120 mile round trip (an hour each way?) for a suitably scheduled, reasonably priced flight to Geneva. Following Easyjet's withdrawal from Newcastle our only decent options seem to be 120 miles each way, to EDI or MAN. rolling eyes
latest report
@Bergmeister, Leeds/Bradford ?

Jet2 fly to Geneva, Chambery and Salzburg on a Saturday. They also go to Verona, but not during to ski season !?!

Two flight from Geneva on a Saturday = 08.10 and 12.30
ski holidays
New routes are still being or to be announced announced for next Winter. I've used Innsbruck for the Dollies, no problem with transfer over the Brenner, it's autobahn and a major pan European route, very rarely closed.
As for Jet2, they have to consider potential load factors over the period to any particular destination. Also they may not have the spare capacity, i.e. aircraft fully utilised elsewhere. They also have to re-structure their business model after Covid, hedge bets by offering Winter sun destinations.
latest report
albob wrote:
@Bergmeister, Leeds/Bradford ?

Jet2 fly to Geneva, Chambery and Salzburg on a Saturday. They also go to Verona, but not during to ski season !?!

Two flight from Geneva on a Saturday = 08.10 and 12.30

Unfortunately we can't always do Saturday to Saturday, hence my comment regarding suitable schedules. Sadly it looks like it needs to be Edinburgh or Geneva for the Fridays or Sundays we usually need - a bit of a blow when Easyjet used to fly 5 days a week from Newcastle, before they pulled the plug Sad .
ski holidays
@davidthornton, good points. They're running a business, based on cheap mass transport, not a personalised transport service.

Quote:

I've used Innsbruck for the Dollies, no problem with transfer over the Brenner, it's autobahn and a major pan European route, very rarely closed.

True, but more often affected by heavy snow than the Venice-Dolomites route I think.
ski holidays
Jet2 recently announced Manchester - Innsbruck year round. Stansted, Bristol, B'ham, Edinburgh winter only to Innsbruck.
snow conditions
Good news -- Wonder if the SnowHead's Massive had an effect ??

Prices don't look particularly cheap tho'..
snow conditions
£491 return including 22kg bag and skis, MAN to INN return...... Laughing

We'll be in the car at those prices.
latest report
@Markymark29,
Quote:

£491 return including 22kg bag and skis, MAN to INN return......

We'll be in the car at those prices.

Just out of interest, what dates are the £491 return for? Do you have a comparative cost for your return drive to Austria (or is it onwards to Italy)?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@albob,
Quote:

Good news -- Wonder if the SnowHead's Massive had an effect ??

snow report
@PeakyB, snowHead
snow report
I know this is an old thread but just have to vent. Trying to find a reasonable flight to Venice for three families over feb half term coming from various area of the country. We’ve settled on jet2 from Birmingham (mid point for all of us.). Flights aren’t ideal as they are late out and v late return on Sunday but will work. And not too £££ unlike BA and EJ. The only sports equipment I can book on that flight is a bike or golf clubs. Just spent an hour on the phone to ask how I can book skis (Innsbruck has the option online but flights are more than twice the price). Apparently it’s not a ski flight so I can’t book skis and I would have to take a chance at the airport as oversized luggage £12 per kilo each way instead of £30 in total if they considered it a ski flight. No thanks!
latest report
An alternative would be to use a company such as sendmybag.com or even DHL. Or just rent skis in resort.
latest report
Quote:
The whole northern ski flight availability has slowly tailed off
It definitely has for those north of you kitenski rolling eyes - easyjet Newcastle to Geneva used to work well all year round, until the company abandoned flying out of Newcastle entirely.

I'm yet to check it out, but I have heard recent mention of Ryanair starting to fly from Newcastle to Milan.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy