Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski sunday return 10-01-2021

Poster: A snowHead
no spoiler alert, but the return of ski sunday today is well timed!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Which races is it covering?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i would presume saturdays ladies downhill from st anton, and from adelboden the mens GS races from Friday and Saturday and slalom from today
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pieman666, it's women’s downhill from St Anton and men's slalom race from Adelboden. It'll be well worth a watch for Dave Ryding fans, hint, hint. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Message received and understood Happy
Alarm set for 18:10 today
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Better not say anything.
Might get all those oeople crying 'Spoiler alert' when they find they've found out skiing results before Ski Sunday. - Having logged on to a Skiers' forum.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wow tremendous
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@cameronphillips2000, its lucky it is on tonight and not next week then, not sure how long you are supposed to keep "radio silence"??

as they used to say in the war "walls have ears", sometimes it feels like you can be breaking the official secrets act when commenting on a sports result.
I remember my father in law a few years ago getting upset with me when I texted him regarding his team (Southampton) beating my team (Chelsea), as he had recorded the lunchtime game and wanted to see it later that day!!!!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No spoiler alert but clearly gives a massive hint at a spoiler. Thanks.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@cameronphillips2000, because I'd generally expect such things to be discussed in threads like the FIS 2021 discussion
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
Better not say anything.
Might get all those oeople crying 'Spoiler alert' when they find they've found out skiing results before Ski Sunday. - Having logged on to a Skiers' forum.

I hadn't been aware that there was any racing taking place so had no reason to avoid all things skiing "just incase" or that ski Sunday was back. However having learned that it was I'd have enjoyed watching it without knowing the outcome.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@terrygasson, thanks - had missed it was coming.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@achilles, no worries
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Soclal media is not the best place to spend your time, if there are current things you don't want to know.

As nonsensical as the "if you don't want to know today's football scores, leave the room now" - no, I've a better idea - don't watch the sodding news!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
By the way, Crawley smashed Leeds Utd.

Oops!
snow conditions
@NickYoung, i think there will be a few snowheads complaining to the BBC regarding the news just shown on BBC1!!!!!
latest report
Good job you didn't look at this thread then Laughing Laughing
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=153627&start=200
latest report
@NickYoung, this is true, hence why I'm off Twitter and Instagram today. But on a forum it makes sense for certain discussion points to be within the threads discussing those topics. But also people were trying to avoid the spoiler in the crappest way, the "by the way, Leeds fans should look away" type comment. I'll grant you that I still don't know the result for the slalom, just that Dave has done well, but would still be nice if comments about ski racing were kept in the ski racing threads.
snow report
@NickYoung, Which is why there are threads like 'road cycling' and 'F1' - I'd expect TdF/F1 results to be there, not plastered in another thread.
snow report
@SnoodlesMcFlude, It was live, on TV.

Next time, rather than assuming everyone knows you are waiting for Match of the Day to see what happens, just pop a message on every social media platform you go on and then we will not to "spoil" it for you.

Or option B - stay off all media.

Had enough of not being able to discuss current affairs, sporting dramas and general occurrences, because someone wants to watch it later "as live" on their betamax.

*I should probably add some smileys, in case people get upset, taking this too seriously. Cool
snow report
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
@cameronphillips2000, because I'd generally expect such things to be discussed in threads like the FIS 2021 discussion

Unrelastic expectations, I'm afraid.
I had tjw result on my FB feed this morning from BASI

If people are.that keen, they can pay the £6 a month amd wstch on Eurosport live.

Good eesult from Dave though. Bodes well fornthe season.
snow conditions
News is instant, global and utterly accessible.
snow report
Eurosport was £19.99 for the year on Black Friday. Best money I've spent in the last 12 months.
latest report
@NickYoung, no need to be a prick about it Laughing There are threads for people who want to discuss it live on snowheads, doesn't seem unreasonable to expect such things to be discussed on those threads.

I follow many other sports too, those fans seem capable of doing it but for some reason those on snowheads can't quite manage it
snow report
@NickYoung, so you're lazy and/or selfish. Very Happy
snow conditions
But at which point was the result actually given? Is it now such an offence to say that someone did really well?
ski holidays
Has anyone ever seen Dave Riding and John McGuinness in the same room?
snow report
Really well put together episode, I thought, despite the COVID constraints.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snap, that was a thoroughly enjoyable watch. In the slalom the start of the steep section just after the flats looked nuts
ski holidays
I really enjoyed it. Genuinely didn’t think we would get a series this season so we’ll done those guys AND I liked Chemmy’s style. I haven’t been her biggest fan before but I thought she came across very strong.

Also how cool is Hank?
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee wrote:
I really enjoyed it. Genuinely didn’t think we would get a series this season so we’ll done those guys AND I liked Chemmy’s style. I haven’t been her biggest fan before but I thought she came across very strong.

Also how cool is Hank?

Was that the New Zealand guy? If so, his whole family was cool! I would now like to move my family to New Zealand and be as cool as them.
snow report
Loved it! It was so nice to see people in real snow.
snow report
breeze11 wrote:

Was that the New Zealand guy? If so, his whole family was cool! I would now like to move my family to New Zealand and be as cool as them.

My wife reminded me that she suggested we moved to New Zealand twenty years ago and if we had we could of been skiing....
snow conditions
adithorp wrote:

Haha!
Mcguiness carries a bit more beer belly than Dave!
ski holidays
pieman666 wrote:
breeze11 wrote:

My wife reminded me that she suggested we moved to New Zealand twenty years ago and if we had we could of been skiing....

Skiing, leaving the house, seeing other people....
snow report
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
@NickYoung, no need to be a prick about it Laughing There are threads for people who want to discuss it live on snowheads, doesn't seem unreasonable to expect such things to be discussed on those threads.

I follow many other sports too, those fans seem capable of doing it but for some reason those on snowheads can't quite manage it

It wasn't me who gave the spoiler, you prick Toofy Grin

If you were aware that Snowheads is a place where people "can't quite manage" to hold their water, WTF were you doing browsing it's forum pages???
snow report
MorningGory wrote:
@NickYoung, so you're lazy and/or selfish. Very Happy

In what way?

I didn't give the spoiler.

If I wanted to avoid some kind of news or event, I wouldn't be on social media.

The selfish people are those plaguing social media/forums expecting normal people to avoid discussing the excitement of any given moment, until they themselves decide it's "open" news.
snow conditions
And this evenings show was quality - probably better than the usual formulaic set-up.
ski holidays
As a Eurosport subscriber I have sadly now got in the habit of avoiding Ski Sunday as it never really covers enough events or enough skiers due to time constraints and frankly far too much of the presenters and not enough action. I fear it tries to satisfy everybody but maybe cannot. Even if it was MoTD length it would be better and nice cheap telly for the beeb for the extra 15 minutes. Not that I can be bothered to watch events live but I do like watching the highlights.
ski holidays
snowornever wrote:
adithorp wrote:

Haha!
Mcguiness carries a bit more beer belly than Dave!

Just a bit? Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy