Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wedding France early June 2021

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Appreciate I might be opening a can of worms here but was just wondering what people on the ground over in France would say the chances are (from a Covid perspective!) of a friend's wedding going ahead in France in early June. 60 people all travelling from the UK..

I've been doubtful all along, but there is some optimism about the UK situation and was wondering if the sentiment is similar across the channel.

The earliest date people from England will be able to travel abroad for a holiday is 17 May, so that could open one door.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Ryunis, Yebbut I'd be wondering about what's going on in France. Looking at the state of their vaccine programme it's the las place I'd want to be going right now. Also there's no guarantee yet that you won't need to quarantine on your return to UK.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would think it's very risky. Civil ceremonies were limited to 6, may be more now. Churches were limited too later, 30 I think. Celebrations after still banned I think. All venues closed anyway. That's if you're allowed into the country.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 4-03-21 10:23; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep I think the biggest barrier is being allowed to cross the border. But I saw something this am suggesting that France is looking at opening up hospitality a bit more from 15th April, so that's an indicator of the direction things are heading. Although that seems contradictory when you see how their vaccine programme is lagging.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Ryunis, that was a target date set some time ago, pretty unlikely I think. It was previously targeted for January too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks. Overall, I think they're probably a month or two early.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tomorrow My brother is looking to cancel his daughter’s wedding in Italy for august. Gutted for them but it’s the right call imo. Just too uncertain this year. They plan to try next year instead.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agree with @Claude B,
As a hotel/bar/restaurant in the French Alps, we've just heard our government hand-outs are being continued until June... says it all really Sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I know i'm going to get shot down for this, but here goes:
I've been hearing that Covid has made some people come to their senses about weddings.
Wedding with lots of people in the UK cost lots of money. Weddings abroad cost even more.
Why? What's the point?
Instead get married with a couple of good friends, and start your marriage thousands of pounds richer.
Or use the money as deposit on your new house together.
Much better.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Jonpim, I'm with you on that. We had 20 at our wedding 29 years ago
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I love a cheesy disco/covers band and a good wedding buffet, long may they continue.

On topic, we are due to go on holiday to France in June, can't see it happening. I'm trying to persuade my wife to cancel now so we can still book a decent place in the UK instead.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Jonpim, Agreed. You're right on the money (sensible use of).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No Style wrote:
I love a cheesy disco/covers band and a good wedding buffet, long may they continue.

On topic, we are due to go on holiday to France in June, can't see it happening. I'm trying to persuade my wife to cancel now so we can still book a decent place in the UK instead.

You should get a move on. I rent out a UK holiday cottage in Dorset on Airbnb. I get to see the stats of browsing and availability in the area:

Quote:
1016% more guests than the yearly average are searching
37% fewer homes than the yearly average are available

That is 200% more and 8% fewer than 2 weeks ago.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy