Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Group trips for women?

Poster: A snowHead
European snowboarding group trips for women - is that a thing? My husband and family aren't riders. I'm sick of going to the sad indoor slope by myself! Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to Snowheads, @Goofybiscuit. snowHead Does it need to be all women? When my OH was out of action with injuries I did a couple of trips doing courses - skiing, but boarding courses exist too. Or one of the SHs "bashes" where there are always boarders and skiers.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As @pam w says - there are lots of great group trips for solo travellers, but that aren't women only.

I haven't heard of many women only trips, but the Women's Mountain Club in Chamonix does run an early season trip each year (and the organisers are brilliant) - I think it's skiers only though https://www.womensmountainclub.com/womens-week
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’m sure there was a small snowboarding/chalet company in Morzine(?) who did women’s weeks. Maybe someone can remember who they were and whether they’re still in business.

I think SAAC in Austria do them, but they’re aiming at the German speaking market so might not fit for you. I often see social media posts for women’s trips, so they are about, but not for a while which I why I can’t remember who’s involved Confused

Bashes are fine if you don’t mind a mixed bunch (plenty of solos on those, or you can share with other women) but it will more than likely be a male majority.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The whole women-only thing isn't essential. It was more I don't want to end up the sole woman on a trip. Nothing personal to the men on here. But my whole family are men - I need some female company! Haha!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks @pam w, I live in a world of man-farts and dirty socks and teenage boy "why do I have to shower!" sulks. Boarding is like my secret time. Unfortunately I've only been able to get to the indoor centre locally which is okay but it's not the same, is it wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
^ they were called something like Rude Chalets, but no idea if they’re still going.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've been on a couple of the trips run by J at Maverix, always been a couple of females every time. Might be worth a look?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks @Scarlet, I feel like I've offended 50% of the planet now! Any women who live in houses full of males know though rolling eyes This morning I got my board out to assess the damage from my last session and BAM husband drops jam all over it within 25 seconds *deep breaths. deep. breaths*
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks @Sitter, I'll check them out too
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snowsports are engaged in by more men than women so any inclusive group is likely to be majority male.
The snowHeads bashes are absolutely inclusive, whether in terms of gender, race, religion, disability or more important differences and distinctions such as what you choose to slide down a mountain on. One time I even found myself sharing a room with someone who had snowblades in his bag - seriously! Shocked "They're just a bit of fun" was his excuse.
"It's OK," I reassured him, "You're in a safe place and you'll get all the support you need."
These days he's got skis almost as tall as he is.
to tell the truth he isn't particularly tall but at least he's heading in the right direction!
snowHead

One snowHeads bash actually was majority female. The first GnarliBug in Gressoney had 10 Men:11 women. No firm idea why.
More commonly women make up around a 1/3 of the snowHeads groups.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Goofybiscuit wrote:
This morning I got my board out to assess the damage from my last session and BAM husband drops jam all over it within 25 seconds *deep breaths. deep. breaths*
I see what you did there - BAM being a contraction of 'Board Jam', right?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@admin, I'm sure I'm overthinking this anyway Laughing I think any group environment where I don't have to do everyone's laundry, know where every single item we own is at all times or make them to shower on pain of death is a win for me! Husband's "will jam work as well as wax?" save did not play out well for him. I'd love him to learn but he trains for strongman events and he's too nervous about breaking bones, which is fair enough.

Oh god... snow blades? That poor man. He must have been in such pain before he found your support Laughing Laughing

Thanks for the rundown on the bashes - I've had a peek at the info and looks much better than just jumping on a plane and going solo for a week sans all human contact!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Goofybiscuit, if you're happy with a mixed trip, then I'd definitely suggest bashes - I'm of the female variety, and love them! I've brought a female boarder friend in the past too, who has returned - even without me one year! Laughing They are a very good laugh, and you'll definitely find a lot of people in the same boat of escaping their families to go away with other people who understand the need for snow snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
oooooooh @fixx, that sounds perfect!!
snow conditions
@Goofybiscuit,

Mint snowboarding in Morzine/Avoriaz often run a Ladies Camp as do Gypsie Snowboarding too.

Fresh Snowboarding in Tignes ran by Renelle might do ladies specific stuff too. (Renelle is a fab coach) Also look out for Early Season trips that Renelle does in early December (Mind and Body Camp I think).

Bashes look fab but i've never managed to get out on one.
latest report
This might be of interest, located in the Dolomites:
WoW Ski Tours

www.wowskitours.com

WoW stands for Wonderful Women or Women Only Weeks.

It says it is conceived for ladies who want to ski – testosterone free! and is “Best for women only” according to The Telegraph online
Although they do a mixed tour too.

In facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/WoWSkiTours/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/WoWSkiToursSoloSkiersGroup which is for both men and women actually.
ski holidays
@Goofybiscuit, Given gender fluidity these days and it being a protected characteristic n'all, might males who identify as females be permissible? Toofy Grin
latest report
@Snowsartre, Literally anyone who doesn't fart in a jar and bring it to me to "judge" is absolutely welcome Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Goofybiscuit wrote:
@Snowsartre, Literally anyone who doesn't fart in a jar and bring it to me to "judge" is absolutely welcome Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh dear, there's people around here who will remember this post when they meet you on a bash and they've had a few drinks Laughing They might claim they were trying to make you feel at home Eh oh!

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 4-03-21 9:44; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@Goofybiscuit, once people have 6 layers, helmet, goggles and a snowHeads neck buff on, they could be martians, like me, for all you would know. That takes care of 8 hours a day anyway. Smile
latest report
Snowsartre wrote:
@Goofybiscuit, Given gender fluidity these days and it being a protected characteristic n'all, might males who identify as females be permissible? Toofy Grin
Goofybiscuit wrote:
I'm not sure that's considered a gender is it?
At least, not yet.
snow report
@Goofybiscuit,
Quote:

Literally anyone who doesn't fart in a jar and bring it to me to "judge" is absolutely welcome

That's the SCGB initiation ceremony...none of that nonsense on snowHeads.
latest report
admin wrote:
Snowsartre wrote:
Goofybiscuit wrote:
I'm not sure that's considered a gender is it?
At least, not yet.

I'll have you know that I identify as a Jar Farter.
latest report
@SnoodlesMcFlude, my apologies.
You have my acceptance and respect.

...and @Goofybiscuit has a potential room-mate Toofy Grin
snow report
@PeakyB, True! We all have the mobility and gender ambiguity of a trussed-up toddler once we're fully dressed on the slope! Am I a small 38-year-old woman or an average-size 13-year-old boy? Who knows! Fart in a jar near me to find out Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Goofybiscuit wrote:
@PeakyB, True! We all have the mobility and gender ambiguity of a trussed-up toddler once we're fully dressed on the slope! Am I a small 38-year-old woman or an average-size 13-year-old boy? Who knows! Fart in a jar near me to find out Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I now have an image of you walking into the bar on your first bash to find a row of giggling SHs proudly holding up jars.
ski holidays
@sugarmoma666, That's my nickname now isn't it.... Fart Jar Laughing rolling eyes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Goofybiscuit wrote:
@sugarmoma666, That's my nickname now isn't it.... Fart Jar Laughing rolling eyes

Well ... there is a bit of a tradition in SH of username getting changed Toofy Grin
ski holidays
It's funny how quickly some people find their place here snowHead
latest report
@admin, I already feel so at home snowHead
snow report
You're very welcome... just so long as you don't start telling me I have to have a shower! I mean, WHY? Evil or Very Mad
latest report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Goofybiscuit wrote:

Well ... there is a bit of a tradition in SH of username getting changed Toofy Grin

No need to remind me!
snow report
As the subject of bottom emissions has been raised. One Board I was on (not a snowboard) welcomed new members by the Chairman asking them to introduce themselves in a memorable way.

One guy, new Chief Accountant, climbed onto the Boardroom table, lifted one leg and let rip. Shocked
Well it’s never been forgotten and he was very good at his job!

‘Introduce yerself in a memorable way’ could become a proper snowHeads thing I think. snowHead
snow conditions
I was in Avoriaz a couple of years ago when I got chatting to a group of women getting ready to set off on a lesson with Mint Snowboarding. They mostly looked to be in their thirties. I did a private lesson later that day with a female instructor from Mint, who told me they do a dedicated 'camp' for women including accommodation - no details on their site yet for 21/22 season though, but here's the link for this year:

https://mintsnowboarding.com/technical/girls-snowboard-camp-avoriaz/
snow conditions
@oldschool72, interesting read. Long term operation and consistently very good reviews. The one woman proprietor, organiser and snowboarding instructor sounds excellent.

Personally not a great fan of Portes du Soleil (except certain bits of it) but it’s snowboarder positive for sure and certainly has more than enough area and variety. Morzine’s a decent base, better than Avoriaz IMHO.

Nice touch having a Pilates/Yoga instructor and sessions. We should have that on Bashes (braces himself ready for flaming & ridicule from the uninitiated)
wink

Not an inexpensive option but you get what you pay for.
snow report
I agree @PeakyB, doing a bit of yoga in the evening would be absolutely spot on!

My sexist trip ideas aside, just ordered some ptex candles and wax to give my old board some TLC. I forgot I had a "snowboard-only" iron! Cleared a space in the garage and claimed it as my own, booked at slot at the indoor slope in Manchester for the week everything opens again and now I'm quite excited!!!
snow conditions
Check out https://peakfeeling-ski.com/ - I know they're running 'solo' trips to Tignes this week, with a mix of genders! Think they've got a decent number signed up already.
snow conditions
Some resorts do a ladies week but I'm never sure if they are meant for hetrosexual women or not.
snow conditions
Quote:

I'm never sure if they are meant for hetrosexual women or not

No need to worry about it, I guess. Who cares?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy