Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel in France

Poster: A snowHead
Gämsbock wrote:
I guess continuing to exclude us after the point at which they let pretty much any vaccinated tourist in unrestricted would be a step too far, even for this government.
You'd hope, but I wouldn't bet against it.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@rob@rar, unfortunately nor would I Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

The Department of Health and Social Care said it realises this is an issue, and that people in that situation will need to wait for the proposed mutual recognition of vaccination status between 30-plus countries, a process that is ongoing but – officials hope – will be concluded soon.

@rob@rar,
... but France already recognises the NHS cert (I presume not the only EU MS?) so the mutual recognition is awaiting the UK's reciprocal action ...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The health pass thing is a potential pain. If it’s still in place next summer then no restaurants / leisure etc for UK children aged 12 and over? As it certainly looks like UK are not going to vaccinate children.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@smagsmith, check out “France in the UK” page on Facebook, it has a handy updated flowchart.
I don’t think you need a test to get into France, but your kids do.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Rois1980,

Thank you. Very helpful flow chart
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well eurotunnel FR-UK is very easy. I uploaded everything in advance and it was approved before we arrived. Havent had to show the paperwork etc. French border lady stamped one kids passport before i remembered to hand over the swiss permits. It was his UK one that expires in 3months anyway so im not bothered, he can use his irish one to go back.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NHS QR codes now compatible with France’s TousAntiCovid app

From yesterday's Connexion plus there's a lot more on there re travel etc

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/NHS-QR-codes-now-compatible-with-France-s-TousAntiCovid-app
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Weathercam wrote:

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/NHS-QR-codes-now-compatible-with-France-s-TousAntiCovid-app

Thanks for that- just uploaded mine, took less than a minute! Screenshot of my NHS cert, sent to son’s phone, then scanned it off his screen and it was all set up.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Weathercam wrote:

Which is impressive given that recognition of vaccination doesn’t even seem to work across the UK’s home nations.

rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar wrote:
Weathercam wrote:

Which is impressive given that recognition of vaccination doesn’t even seem to work across the UK’s home nations.

rolling eyes

What a shambles.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Alastair Pink, what a surprise, not.

Mind you, Mrs U's fully vaxxed status isn't showing on the EU app because France still can't quite get its head around married women deciding whether or not to become their husband's chattel or not Shocked rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
More reports in the Medja that France might come off the Amber Plus list Very Happy

Holidaymakers to France could avoid quarantine on their return after the Government said it wanted to put the country back on the amber list amid a fall in beta variant cases.

George Eustice, the Environment Secretary, signalled the potential U-turn on Friday after the shock decision to put France on an "amber plus" list last week. That move required even double-jabbed travellers to quarantine on their return to the UK.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Weathercam wrote:
More reports in the Medja that France might come off the Amber Plus list Very Happy
Hope this is true. Wonder how many people cancelled their travel plans to France when the government placed the country on their Amber+ list?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We didn’t cancel, but had only decided to come about ten days before we travelled after final decision that we couldn’t go to the US.
It would be good for us if France does come off the Amber+ list, knowing our luck it might not happen quite in time.
ski holidays
I have to be back in the UK for August 15th so really the latest I can leave things is circa August 6th - think I read a possible date of August 4th somewhere.

Just successfully scanned OH's UK certificates, after numerous failed attempts, into the Tous Covid French app and my UK one, and scheduled for my second jab here (France) tomorrow.

Now, will the French App showing my two certificates be valid for entry back to the UK, if and when it happens?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 24-07-21 10:09; edited 1 time in total
snow report
I knew this would happen they are clueless , still haven’t changed my mind that they didn’t know the French numbers included the territories.
Due back at the end of July after spending £750 on PCR tests .
snow conditions
Changed my date coming back but haven’t booked paid for PCR tests yet as hoping they change. I also think it was the French territories thing and they didn’t want to look stupid by admitting it (that ship sailed a long long time ago).
ski holidays
Weathercam wrote:
Now, will the French App showing my two certificates be valid for entry back to the UK, if and when it happens?

The second one shows your full vax status, you won't need your first. Check before you leave that it shows 2/2 not 1/2, some people have had issues where the first was elsewhere but the vax centre people should be able to sort it for you if it does.
ski holidays
@homphomp, yep, all good, showing 2/2 Very Happy
ski holidays
snowdave wrote:
Weathercam wrote:

Thanks for that- just uploaded mine, took less than a minute! Screenshot of my NHS cert, sent to son’s phone, then scanned it off his screen and it was all set up.
Which NHS QR code did you scan? I’ve installed the TousAntiCovid app and scanned both the dose 1 and dose 2 QR codes from my NHS App, and while it recognises my name and date of birth it says my code is non valide.
latest report
Just a heads up for anyone heading for France at the moment. The actual restrictions that have been announced are likely to change as the law is being torn apart in the parliamentary chambers and the courts... if anything the direction is a watered down set of rules, for example under 18s may be completely removed, but Pres. Macron may come back with new proposals or even try to rule by decree. It's a battle royale.
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
snowdave wrote:
Weathercam wrote:

Which NHS QR code did you scan? I’ve installed the TousAntiCovid app and scanned both the dose 1 and dose 2 QR codes from my NHS App, and while it recognises my name and date of birth it says my code is non valide.

I scanned the only 2d barcode I have - the one in my NHS app (only did dose 1 to check it worked, will do dose 2 shortly). Worked first time. However, the service appears to be down at present which might be an explanation for problems.
snow report
@snowdave, thanks for that, will try tomorrow to see if it works.
snow report
davidof wrote:
Just a heads up for anyone heading for France at the moment. The actual restrictions that have been announced are likely to change as the law is being torn apart in the parliamentary chambers and the courts... if anything the direction is a watered down set of rules, for example under 18s may be completely removed, but Pres. Macron may come back with new proposals or even try to rule by decree. It's a battle royale.

Senate has passed the bill. Pass will still be mandatory on terraces of bars etc. Not required to enter large shopping centres. Health care staff won't lose their job if they don't get jabbed.

Also looks like it will still apply to under 18s.
latest report
So, for those worried about travelling with an Indian batch number of AZ vaccine. I have just set up my own vaccination record on the French app. All it shows is the brand of vaccine, no batch number at all.
snow conditions
@Ghanny, you only need an antigen not pcr
ski holidays
@Nadenoodlee, getting a bit lost scrolling up on my tiny phone - do you mean if we return to UK on 2nd we need antigen not PCR? Thanks.
Edit -,sorted, understood.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Mon 26-07-21 7:38; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Nadenoodlee,

You need an antigen taken before you leave but then two PCR tests on day 2 and 8 back in UK which need to be booked and paid for before you leave France.
ski holidays
@Ghanny, yes i know. I’ve just done day 2- i misread your post. My tip DO NOT arrive on a Friday as you have to post your test on a Sunday and that is an epic ball-ache.
ski holidays
Hells Bells wrote:
So, for those worried about travelling with an Indian batch number of AZ vaccine. I have just set up my own vaccination record on the French app. All it shows is the brand of vaccine, no batch number at all.

I am "one of them" (or us Laughing ) so thanks for that. I am on the Welsh "system" so hopefully that will work the same. In the print under the QR code it lists both shots as Vaxzevria with Astra ZenicaAB as the manufacturer, only difference is the batch numbers so should work like yours has ?
latest report
Nadenoodlee wrote:
@Ghanny, yes i know. I’ve just done day 2- i misread your post. My tip DO NOT arrive on a Friday as you have to post your test on a Sunday and that is an epic ball-ache.

that's piling ridiculous on top of ridiculous
snow report
@under a new name, @Nadenoodlee, the day 2 test is an "on or before day 2" i.e. it can be done anytime from day 0 to day 2, and the day 8 test can be on or after day 8.
ski holidays
@Ghanny, and also make sure that there's then not a Bank Holiday on the Monday which is what we ended up with back beginning of May, but hopefully soon will all be irrelevant?

@rob@rar, and just make sure you have the right/lastest app as I had to delete and install the app twice on my OH's phone as she had a weird app that just wanted to scan from the start as opposed to the app start screen below, and she was getting invalid all the time.

Was interesting getting my jab yesterday as there were so many teens and younger getting them, a friend of mine was there getting her three kids all done, Sunday at Noon in France was a good time to go as not that busy, I was due at 13:30 but I ended up taking a friend to A&E before that so went earlier and no probs.
latest report
@Weathercam, thanks for that, I might have the wrong app as mine just wants to scan immediately from the start, as you said. Delete it and try again might be sensible for me. Can you remind me of the name of the app just in case I searched the iOS App Store for the wrong thing?

EDIT: Found the correct app, and just activated my vaccination QR code successfully. Now for a chance to use it…

Thanks for the heads-up on this.
snow report
@rob@rar, yes sounds exactly the same issues as my OH, even when I deleted and installed it was the wrong app, hnece having to do it a couple of times.

The one you want is TousAntiCovid and it has a little logo to the left in the App Store and 10M+ downloads
snow conditions
@Weathercam, thanks, all done now.
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
Weathercam wrote:
Hope this is true. Wonder how many people cancelled their travel plans to France when the government placed the country on their Amber+ list?

Me - sort of at least.

I still have ferry booked but cancelled all the campsites. If they come off amber list nearer the time may have a look and see if I can rearrange, although not sure I CBA as never know what will happen day before or while there.
ski holidays
So, most amusingly, Mrs U seems to have a non-unique French Social Security number, and her two jabs appear under two different names ...

Thankfully, Dr X in Sallanches has printed out her fully vaxxed attestation, in multiplicate, but still, shouldn't happen I don't think!
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
Weathercam wrote:

Aaaahhrhrhrhrhrrgghghghg.

I have now changed my train, and my travel accomodation company has cancelled all accomodation. FFS. I have also cancelled leave.

I might be able to switch it all again. What a roller coaster!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy