Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel in France

Poster: A snowHead
Anyway, to get back on track - am I right in assuming that the current (20.7.21) rule for UK adults travelling on Eurotunnel to France, who have been fully-vaccinated (plus the requisite additional days) is that they need only

1. Complete, upload to the Eurotunnel website and be prepared to present a paper Déclaration sur l'honneur AND EITHER

2A. Generate, upload to the Eurotunnel website and be prepared to present an NHS App or NHPS App paper Covid Vaccination Certificate

2B. OR Get a postal NHS paper-only Covid Vaccination Certificate*, scan and upload to the Eurotunnel website, and be prepared to present it.

(*the version for those without access to PC or mobile where you ring the NHS and get a paper Certificate 3-5 days later).

From the text on the Eurotunnel website and from what people have reported back, am I also right in thinking that you could actually turn up with none of the documents uploaded? And provided that you can present them on the day, you can still travel, but you should expect a delay for manual checking inside the terminal?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Other than going into the shed bit and having doors and steering wheel swabbed there was absolutely no checking of what we had with us so could have had the car stuffed with bacon rolls, legs of lamb etc etc. All I brought was a box of Weetabix and done Earl Grey teabags. Not planning on doing any cooking while we are away.
And the zapper that hadn’t been used for 18 months or so worked at the first Peage which was a relief.
I was amazed in the hotel car park in Beaune this morning when a nice Dutchman asked, in French, if we had a pump as he had a flat tyre, that my Boy Scout husband produced one out of the travel box. He then spoke to us in immaculate English which was much better than his French.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The TousAntiCovid app has been updated....it can now scan the UK QR code to upload your NHS vax status for use in France. Should be helpful once the Health Pass regs come into force
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just noticed that the age has been raised from 11 to 12 years for the kids needing to test...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Travelled the tunnel this morning , no probs apart for the Q at french passport control cause of people not having paperwork to hand or trying to show pics on their phones . I put all our passports and reverent paperwork in individual plastic sleazes for each of the family and handed them over , I was roundly congratulated and thanked , first to get it right today they said !
If your going do the same they really appreciate it and it speeds up the process for all .
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Should add that if you have the room then take your printer with you, as you'll need to print off so much documentation for getting back into the UK Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Rob Mackey, we had all our pages of paperwork printed off and in plastic sleeves too, seemed helpful.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Pamski, @Rob Mackley, we had all ours on paper but they didn't ask for any of it.

The Eurotunnel people said they could see it was all approved online, the French border control took our ticket to look something up on the computer (all the online paperwork?) and said that was all he needed.

Took longer to stamp the passports than anything else.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/20/border-officials-told-not-to-make-covid-checks-on-green-and-amber-list-arrivals ...

so I don't need to spoof anything then?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@under a new name, maybe not. Then just your own conscience to answer to.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ster, why would my conscience have to answer to anything?

Either vaccines work (they do) or they don't (we'd be fvcked).

I'm fully vaxxed, it looks like I don't need to quarantine or book any stupid tests if I visit the UK. Exactly like 31 other European countries.

Where does my conscience come into it?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@under a new name, my mistake. It was on that other thread where you going to falsify entry requirements into the UK to save yourself sone time/money/risk (?) of having to quarantine.

under a new name wrote:
Just curious as to whether the system can detect a correctly formatted but false booking code.

As that and a burner phone would make a quick fully vaccinated trip back easier and cheaper ... Twisted Evil

(I am quite serious).

Sorry, I thought it was on this thread you were proposing this deception
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
under a new name wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/20/border-officials-told-not-to-make-covid-checks-on-green-and-amber-list-arrivals ...

so I don't need to spoof anything then?

How do you get onto the flight in the first place?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ster, no, was on the other thread, which I have to confess was somewhat hypothetical. But what difference?

My questions stand. Where does my conscience come into it? Ignoring/flauting/evading ridiculous England contagion theatre? I don't think my conscience would be worried the slightest bit.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Came back to U.K. yesterday. Pup has been flipped to a French Pet passport. No probs checking him in.
Mr P and I uploaded all required by Eurotunnel, which I think was passenger locator form with evidence of post arrival testing, plus negative tests then printed it all off. Neg PCR test, passenger locator form with prebooked test package, vaccine certificates.
No prob with french or U.K. border. They just looked at passports, and passports were not stamped.
Cost us a fortune, but it was worth it.
I had a call from test and trace at 2.30pm today (number starts 0300 and I thought it must be them), which I managed to take, though I was in a remote court hearing (thankfully not speaking at the time and I could turn off my camera). I thought it would be a short call, but when he said he had a number of questions, I said he would have to call later. No sign yet of another call. Mr P hasn’t had a call from them yet.
ski holidays
@Perty, if your passport wasn't stamped on exit does that have an implication for proving 90 days in 180?
snow report
under a new name wrote:
@ster, no, was on the other thread, which I have to confess was somewhat hypothetical. But what difference?

It wasn't hypothetical

"Just curious as to whether the system can detect a correctly formatted but false booking code.

As that and a burner phone would make a quick fully vaccinated trip back easier and cheaper ...

(I am quite serious). "

(My bold)
snow report
@under a new name, I guess purposely and deliberately flouting rules because you can’t see the point of them or they inconvenience you or just because you think you know better doesn't cause any issues for you.
snow conditions
@holidayloverxx, I was quite serious but due to (apparently evaporated as of yesterday) internal family issues also quite hypothetical. No longer so hypo.

@ster, quite right, it doesn't cause me any issue at all. The particular UK rules make little or no sense. The fact that they have now effectively been waived due to staffing issues suggests (confirms?) contagion theatre. Performance protocols.

The fact that they massively would inconvenience and add a wee bit of economic irritation don't help.

When a national government is behaving and ruling so incredibly incompetently, deciding that the protocols are a nonsense is hardly gross civil disobedience.
snow report
They aren't waiving the rules they just may not check 100% of the documentation so as to less inconvenience people at ports, sadly this will also encourage and facilitate rule breakers.

But no whinging if you get caught in this or any other countries rules you intend to flout. And its only a pandemic.
ski holidays
Having been fumbled around by a larger supplier which "lost" my day 8 test for nearly a week, I'm researching Day 2 & Day 8 tests for the return leg of my next trip to Italy. Amazingly, there's an accredited supplier near Hastings which will sell Day 2 and Day 8 on a click and collect basis, for £27 the pair. Has anyone used 123tests.co.uk?
latest report
Nemisis wrote:
Having been fumbled around by a larger supplier which "lost" my day 8 test for nearly a week, I'm researching Day 2 & Day 8 tests for the return leg of my next trip to Italy. Amazingly, there's an accredited supplier near Hastings which will sell Day 2 and Day 8 on a click and collect basis, for £27 the pair. Has anyone used 123tests.co.uk?

If they are accredited just go for it at that price. It makes no difference to you whether they are good or bad. Only the day 5 test (if you choose to take one) makes any difference.
ski holidays
@Nemisis, I have just been reading the reviews of 123tests.co.uk and they are a bit flaky.
ski holidays
DJL wrote:
Nemisis wrote:

If they are accredited just go for it at that price. It makes no difference to you whether they are good or bad. Only the day 5 test (if you choose to take one) makes any difference.

You need also the day 2 test result (negative or inconclusive) to exit quarantine early.
latest report
ster wrote:
@under a new name, I guess purposely and deliberately flouting rules because you can’t see the point of them or they inconvenience you or just because you think you know better doesn't cause any issues for you.

1. Nope, it generally doesn't. Have you never knowingly broken the speed limit?

2. The rules in question look as though they are about to be tossed under a bus (Johnson's 2nd favoured M.O. after U turning) due incompetence and poor logistics/planning. Which kind of suggests that they were never really motivated by science or medicine anyway. (which they obviously were not, anyway, anyway).

3. Probabilistically, me travelling from France with an average case rate of 122/mn/day is surely no riskier than anyone travelling around the UK at 680/mn/day? It's actually more "risky" for me returning to France. No?

4. (Not that this affects my opinion or decision making at all but) If all these rules were so important then presumably those making them would adhere to them most closely? Oh, wait, what? Twisted Evil
snow conditions
OK, ignoring the dicussion about whether it is ok to violate rules you don't agree with or find inconveinient I heard yesterday thsn France will be accepting the NHS app covid verification for access to shops, bars etc. I have not verified it yet from other sources but it will also be all that is required to enter the country as well. https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK
snow conditions
Heard the same myself, but the UK QR code is still not recognised by the French app, or it wasn't as of a few hours ago when I last tried to scan it.
ski holidays
@johnE, Not for viewers in Scotland, as our NHS App doesn’t have our vaccine status! We’re still on paper…..
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Gilly76, the up to date version of Tousanticovid accepts NHS QR codes as of yesterday.........
latest report
Not on my phone it doesn't...The QR code now at least scans, but the results come back as invalid..Looks like the paper copy will have to do Puzzled
ski holidays
When I opened Tousanticovid it asked me to update it, and then when opening the updated version it ready my NHS QR code fine.
snow report
johnE wrote:
I heard yesterday thsn France will be accepting the NHS app covid verification for access to shops, bars etc. I have not verified it yet from other sources but it will also be all that is required to enter the country as well. https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK

So France accepts and trusts UK vaccinations.

But seemingly the UK doesn't, they still require (expensive) PCR tests as well.
latest report
@Perty, You say PCR test but a lateral flow test going from France to the UK is enough isn’t it?
snow report
ster wrote:
They aren't waiving the rules they just may not check 100% of the documentation so as to less inconvenience people at ports, sadly this will also encourage and facilitate rule breakers.

But no whinging if you get caught in this or any other countries rules you intend to flout. And its only a pandemic.

Sorry mate, but if you don't check 100% documents specifically brought in to prevent/slow the spread of the variants/disease the documents were introduced for then you are effectively waiving people through. It standard UK Govt policy make a rule, look tough, don't enforce and then blame someone else for when it goes horribly wrong. Personally I will get the documents and travel with them because as far as I am concerned I want to go on holiday and would rather not have my plans derailed, but there will be people out there who will now "fake" their documents or not bother with their documents and run the risk that they wont get caught. The Govt will blame the airlines for not doing proper checks.....
latest report
Ghanny wrote:
@Perty, You say PCR test but a lateral flow test going from France to the UK is enough isn’t it?

Lateral Flow 24 hours prior for Unvaxxed. Nothing needed now for Vaxxed except proof
snow conditions
@Ghanny, yes, but we were leaving from eurotunnel at 6pm on Monday afternoon, with an early start, so identifying a pharmacy which was open to do an antigen test after Saturday at 6pm and before a departure to drive across france starting at 8am on Monday would be a bit tricky! Appointments for PCR tests were only available up till noon on Saturday.
ski holidays
Yes we almost changed our return to a Monday before realising it might make it tricky to get a test. @Gilly76, that’s not the official requirement though?
latest report
@Ghanny, I took the info from the tunnel website as I'm crossing with them

https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/travelling-with-us/latest/covid-19/
ski holidays
Gilly76 wrote:
Ghanny wrote:

Lateral Flow 24 hours prior for Unvaxxed. Nothing needed now for Vaxxed except proof

I'm confused, because my reading of the Gov.UK, Eurotunnel and French Interior Ministry pages is that return to the UK from France for anyone fully-vaccinated requires:

1. Passenger Locator Form
2. Certified NHS Covid Vaccination Certifiate (referenced in the PLF)
3. Certified PCR <72h OR Certified Antigen Test <48h
4. Certified registration for 2 & 8 Day Covid Test Package

And that I must quarantine for 10 days after arrival. If the Day#2 Test is negative, then I am not released from quarantine, as is the case for Amber countries other than France.

When completing the PLF it's up to me, bizarrely, to declare that I am not exempt from the Day#8 test (WTF? So it doesn't tell me? Aren't people just going to say that they are exempt?).

Have I got this wrong?

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 21-07-21 17:50; edited 8 times in total
snow report
@under a new name, Lots of people agree with you but don't express their opinion! UK rules are nonsense and it is a money grab scheme. I will pay only for cheapest tests to get out of UK. If i book tests on return to UK I will cancel them when in UK and get my money back. I will not quarantine myself either (remember I will pay for cheapest test and upload it to tunnel website).
In Eu this hysteria is finished. I called a Hotel in France and Germany and you need negative test to book a stay. Gov is saying one thing and the hotel /campsite owners do as they please. Good citizen is scarred citizen!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy